British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick V Edinburgh 3rd Aug @ 7pm

Will take a point from that one.

chucked the win away after being up then having a poor run of heats in the middle of the meeting but at least we never came away with nothing.

Good to see Tabaka back to form as well after being poor for the last few weeks.

Great news to hear that you had a better attendance last night, and well done to the promotion for promoting (i.e posters around town), it obviously helped. It's something the promotion at King's Lynn spend a lot of time doing, and pays substantial dividends at the turnstiles. Many a time I've spoken to people who are holidaying in nearby Hunstanton, or even father afield, like Cromer or Skegness, who have either see roadside advertising when passing through to their holiday destination, or in a lot of cases have found leaflets in the Tourist Information Centres, and Hotel Lobbies, and as a result have come along for something to do in the evening. The majority of those people haven't been speedway people, but just looked on it as a different sort of night out, particularly with theatre prices being so expensive these days, and usually for second rate shows. Whether they've ever followed it up by attending their local track when they get home, I don't know, but it would be nice to think they did. Even if an extra ten people turned up every week as a result of the advertising, over the course of a season, that's enough extra revenue to cover a bill or two.

Great point you make about the posters, especially valid where teams are in holiday areas. You're right, people are looking for something different to do and I know from my current line of work that people on holiday are more likely to change their habits and try something different/new.

What chance Possil in Glasgow becoming a holiday destination? :o

What chance Possil in Glasgow becoming a holiday destination? :o

From what I saw yesterday before the meeting - young lads raiding a bottle bank and throwing them at each other - not much.

For those of you who aren't aware yet, or haven't been onto the official site, the Ben Fund collection last Saturday night raised £1541-90.A fantastic effort from the Berwick and Edinburgh fans, and those who were there to support neither. :approve:

• Like 4

From what I saw yesterday before the meeting - young lads raiding a bottle bank and throwing them at each other - not much.

Just an average Sunday then.

For those of you who aren't aware yet, or haven't been onto the official site, the Ben Fund collection last Saturday night raised £1541-90.A fantastic effort from the Berwick and Edinburgh fans, and those who were there to support neither. :approve:

Well said Screm :approve:

Paul Ackroyd is so appreciative of the effort he will travel to Berwick on Saturday night to offer personal thanks to the crowd.

Bandits' David Bellego has been drafted into the meeting to replace Vladimir Borudulin, which should make it a lively evening.

Practice is 11.30 til 1.30 -- admission free, but Ricky Ashworth wristbands will be available in return for a donation.

• Like 2

Paul Ackroyd is so appreciative of the effort he will travel to Berwick on Saturday night to offer personal thanks to the crowd.

Brilliant, hopefully there are a lot of the Monarchs in attendance too.

Fantastic that everyone gave so generously.

• Like 1