British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Latvian Gp Saturday 17th August

Should have said allegiance rather than alliance.But seem to remember there was a bit of controversy when Laguta was nominated for the Latvian WC.The MFR were up in arms that one of "their" riders was given it.

At the moment there is a young lady competing or about to compete in the Athletics world championship.Her mother is from Moscow and her father from Belorussia,her and her sister were born in Riga and she will be representing Germany :D

The grapewine says they are renovating the old Riga track in Latvia. Anyone know about this?

Edited by f-s-p

One of Britain's best downhill skiers was a Norwegian.

It's a pity we can't find someone with a Brit Grannie who can come here and shake up our speedway prospects. :)

The grapewine says they are renovating the old Riga track in Latvia. Anyone know about this?

I have a contact S.B. who lives in Riga, I can check with him to see if he knows anything.

THERE has certainly been talk of a GP in Riga and the football stadium there has been mentioned. Might learn more next week after visiting the delightful Daugavpils and the hugely enjoyable four hour drive from Riga...

THERE has certainly been talk of a GP in Riga and the football stadium there has been mentioned. Might learn more next week after visiting the delightful Daugavpils and the hugely enjoyable four hour drive from Riga...

Take the train, now THAT'S enjoyable...

THERE has certainly been talk of a GP in Riga and the football stadium there has been mentioned.

Would have thought it can only be a mention, as how do you get a speedway track into an 'English' style rectangular football stadium? The Daugava Stadium would be more practical, although that's only got a capacity of about 5,000 these days.

Would have thought it can only be a mention, as how do you get a speedway track into an 'English' style rectangular football stadium? The Daugava Stadium would be more practical, although that's only got a capacity of about 5,000 these days.

Probably about the same way as they do in Cardiff or Copenhagen.

• Like 1

Hi to all speedway fans from sunny Riga (today 32 degrees Celsius)

Thanks Johan for my return on this Forum. I"ll try to answer Yours questions

1 About Laguta

It's a old story about a decade ago. He was born in Russia. in a small town near Vladivostok He started in motocross. Once "great uncles" had a fight and made the second speedway club in Vladivostok. They promised "golden mountains" and a young 20 years old boy believed them. Having a contract with one club. he signed a contract with another. The result - 2-year disqualification..In order won't end his career. he come to Daugavpils There was an attempt to get Latvian citizenship. must pass a language test. but unfortunately failed. In moment he married to a Latvian have a small son.and live in Daugavpils

2 Wild card

This year we had a very difficult choice about wild card. There were two candidates. Lebedev in the World Junior final. Puodzhuks - in the European final. Latvian GP organizers chosen Lebedev. my opinion - Puodzhuks

3 About Riga

Speedway was in Riga for more than 15 years. but in 1991 the club closed. From the old speedway track is little left. All it wants to restore. The main organizer - a former Daugavpils club president - Vladimir Rybnikov. I hope so. that he could do it and revive speedway in Riga. Announced. that the start of reconstructions works - September. When prosperous conditions in October may hold the first race

All ideas about football stadiums - Utopia

4 Travel fom Riga to Daugavpils

If You have any questions, please ask, I try to help

• Like 2

Probably about the same way as they do in Cardiff or Copenhagen.

The Millennium Stadium has the pitch on removable pallets, and isn't the Danish GP raced at Parken during the football close season after which the pitch is relaid? The Latvian League is a summer league though, so the stadium is used for football throughout the speedway season.

The Millennium Stadium has the pitch on removable pallets, and isn't the Danish GP raced at Parken during the football close season after which the pitch is relaid? The Latvian League is a summer league though, so the stadium is used for football throughout the speedway season.

Which Riga stadium do you mean?

Edited by S.B

What's the construction of the pitch got to do with the shape of the stadium?

Hi to all speedway fans from sunny Riga (today 32 degrees Celsius)

Thanks Johan for my return on this Forum. I"ll try to answer Yours questions

1 About Laguta

It's a old story about a decade ago. He was born in Russia. in a small town near Vladivostok He started in motocross. Once "great uncles" had a fight and made the second speedway club in Vladivostok. They promised "golden mountains" and a young 20 years old boy believed them. Having a contract with one club. he signed a contract with another. The result - 2-year disqualification..In order won't end his career. he come to Daugavpils There was an attempt to get Latvian citizenship. must pass a language test. but unfortunately failed. In moment he married to a Latvian have a small son.and live in Daugavpils

2 Wild card

This year we had a very difficult choice about wild card. There were two candidates. Lebedev in the World Junior final. Puodzhuks - in the European final. Latvian GP organizers chosen Lebedev. my opinion - Puodzhuks

3 About Riga

Speedway was in Riga for more than 15 years. but in 1991 the club closed. From the old speedway track is little left. All it wants to restore. The main organizer - a former Daugavpils club president - Vladimir Rybnikov. I hope so. that he could do it and revive speedway in Riga. Announced. that the start of reconstructions works - September. When prosperous conditions in October may hold the first race

All ideas about football stadiums - Utopia

4 Travel fom Riga to Daugavpils

If You have any questions, please ask, I try to help

Great info Vlad, thanks for your effort. :t:

Which Riga stadium do you mean?

Phil Rising wasn't explicit, but presumably only the Skonto Stadium would be big enough. I think Daugava and Ventspils are 5,000 or less.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Phil Rising wasn't explicit, but presumably only the Skonto Stadium would be big enough. I think Daugava and Ventspils are 5,000 or less.

Sorry. forced to disappoint you

At Skonto Stadium near placed indoor arena. which is the field of approximately 10 meters. there is no place for a bend

Daugava - athletics stadium. Of course it can be adapted to the speedway. but it is a very large cash expenses

Ventspils - it's a another Latvian city near the sea. Speedway meeting there - it's the same thing. Like British Ice Speedway Grand Prix

Great info Vlad, thanks for your effort. :t:

Probably. if I have some free time. I go to the Biķernieki stadium and make some photos

Google map - Bikernieki stadium

http://radical-foto....3531b4b722d150b

http://radical-foto....6af58e7e3e75548

Many years ago

http://radical-foto.ru/fp/ef99c43fe28a4becbfb7c4423913f072

• Like 1