British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
garygunson

Torun Gp 2013

Good that a racer rather than a gater won the GP.....huge respect for Hancock and what he has and is achieving at his age but my God he is boring on track, if not off it.

YOU obviously don't enjoy watching a master craftsman at work... plenty do. Loved hius quote at the end: "You are never too old to screw it up." Great rider, great guy and a fabulous ambassador for speedway where ever he goes.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting and the icing on the cake was to see a British rider become the new world champion......Congratulations Tai Woffinden :cheers:

YOU obviously don't enjoy watching a master craftsman at work... plenty do. Loved hius quote at the end: "You are never too old to screw it up." Great rider, great guy and a fabulous ambassador for speedway where ever he goes.

Philip I agree with everything you have just typed, he certainly is a master craftsman and to have ridden in every GP since 1995 is an astonishing feat but he just doesn't excite me on track. Off track he is fantastic but for me he is dull on it, give me Darcy or Emil or Tai any day.

Philip I agree with everything you have just typed, he certainly is a master craftsman and to have ridden in every GP since 1995 is an astonishing feat but he just doesn't excite me on track. Off track he is fantastic but for me he is dull on it, give me Darcy or Emil or Tai any day.

But without gaters like Greg there would be no one to pass! wink
  • Like 2

sorry are there reallypeople having a pop at Hancock!!!

jeez people! so what Hancock is a gater he pretty much always has been but thats him. Of course someone like Ward is more exciting but until Darcy learns to gate a bit better and/or not overide then he wont achieve anything what Greg has.

Takes me back to the late 80's early 90's with Loram, Screen and Louis.

Loram and Screen born racers but time after time at the big meetings Louis would gate and beat them. Early on in his career Louis was world number 3 and had won the under 21 title and Mark and Screen nothing yet talent wise Louis was nowhere near them.

Mark obviously matured and developed into a world champ and that is something that may take Darcy time.

I liken it to snooker Hendry, Davis, John Higgins all boring and steady but compare their records to that of say Alex Higgins or Jimmy White. To much more talented players but not as successful.

Long may Hancock continue to show how good he is.

Lets see if Emil and Darcy can mature enough to become world champ

Not having a pop at Greg or trying to belittle his achievements, just commenting that I find him dull, as one or two others have. Certainly would never question his quality or class.

Wow didnt Miedzinski has something special in his engine for the semi & final?

special bikes being brought out again................ makes our sport a farce

Hancock just tweeted this

Greg Hancock@GregHancock456m

Interesting? No engine tear downs last night!! #opengame

So Greg expected there was foul play!!! No smoke without fire!!

Sounds like sour grapes to be honest

Re-tweeted by Tai Woffinden.

Edited by grachan

Hancock is professional & a marvellous role model ,he can certainly gate well but to say he is dull is imo rubbish. Watch swc v gollob dull ? Read a post saying tai was the most natural talent since michael lee well can I throw the name loram in please ,I watched mark grow up on the grasstracks & to be honest for me he is the most natural talent on a bike I have seen ,I had a long chat with jason crump once & his opinion mark was the best racer & natural talent he had ever seen. Another interesting comment was that his dad phil thought peter collins was the most talented but mauger was the best he ever rode against.

No mention on Sky Sports News headlines nor in the list of the other sports that they are to cover in the next hour.

Was on breaking news on sky sports and on the main page of the news app

Are you referring to the little ticker tape thing at the bottom of the screen? I switched on to Sky Sports News at the top of the hour and what i quoted above was the case. Also i was obviously referring to a video report/article.interview etc as part of the news and not a line of text. Also i wasn't referring to website coverage but actual TV (Sports) News coverage as in 'Sky Sports News' on the TV.

Anyway whatever, those of us who watched the meeting and follow speedway had a fantastic and entertaining night indeed it's their loss.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Darcy is a fabulous talent but unless he brushes up his gating it will be difficult for him win Titles ,when you get to semi's you are meeting 3 riders that are on form on the night and it will be difficult to pass them all if you miss the gate as last night proved.Hancock certainly shows that gating is important.