British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Somerset Pl Sun Aug 18th 2013@3p.m.

Was talking to Sean on the way out and he told me that he went on the phone , after Joey got excluded . and said to Craig Ackroyd that he'd seen him bring all 4 back after collisions on the 2nd bend of televised meetings . His answer was that if the crash had happened a yard further back he would have . Unbelievable

Bull$hit.... Everyone knows most referees act differently in televised meetings.

This was a lot closer than I thought but a great Scottish Tour by Rebels and good to see Alex go better yesterday. Great performance by top 5 Rebels which made up for the big difference in the two teams reserves scores.

Was talking to Sean on the way out and he told me that he went on the phone , after Joey got excluded . and said to Craig Ackroyd that he'd seen him bring all 4 back after collisions on the 2nd bend of televised meetings . His answer was that if the crash had happened a yard further back he would have . Unbelievable

I was surprised that wasn't all four back.........but the decision to exclude North was definitely correct as far as I could see.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

MD Dakota made the pass on Kyle hard but fair ... He didn't touch him and in a further heat Doyle locked up and Joey got excluded when he had nowhere to go

Happened right in front of me, North wiped out Newman big style. From the apex of the bend you could see he wasn't going to make the pass. Frustrating as a cooler head could have seen Newman was being reeled in and would have got him at the next bend. An additional two points from the resultant 4-2 could have won us the match but ended up being reversed with North chucked out. He has done very little from the No2 berth since joining Glasgow other than Sheffield away, his gating is poor and all the signs seem to be he is finding the PL tougher than expected.

Happened right in front of me, North wiped out Newman big style. From the apex of the bend you could see he wasn't going to make the pass. Frustrating as a cooler head could have seen Newman was being reeled in and would have got him at the next bend. An additional two points from the resultant 4-2 could have won us the match but ended up being reversed with North chucked out. He has done very little from the No2 berth since joining Glasgow other than Sheffield away, his gating is poor and all the signs seem to be he is finding the PL tougher than expected.

Didnt have a great view from 2nd bend, so cant really comment, but i would hope riders give each other enough room to race properly, but its all done in fractions of a second. Another decent meeting despite the weathers weekly intervention. Thought Anders crash looked nasty!

Really enjoyed the meeting,thought the ref got it right with the North decision,and totally wrong with the Ringwood decision.Think our tour guide was teary eyed after we presented him with his certificate from our last visit to Glasgow... :wink::lol::P