British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

If the right riders are brought in then it can work not only can they maintain there avg but even increase while providing the excitement that will bring the missing fans back. Think we know who I mean

No, I don't think anyone knows who you mean by "the right riders"?

Pray tell.

Peter Waite though he had faults new how to spot a rider and in doing this bringing them over to the club, he got consistant performances from them. Maybe with better financial packages from sponsors etc, he would have had more he got a good 10 years service from Makovsky and Rymel in two of his last 3 years as a Bandit under PW averaged 9 points ish. Pietraszko as well, I'm convinced had he stuck with Speedway he would have gone on to bigger things.

Realistically there isn't a PW among the promotion, who knows the foreign market. While Waite excelled at Scouting talent bringing in forgotten journeyman making them tick. Our talents seem to be putting on big meetings (which the club did very well). These riders are out there though a look in the Speedway Star or a browse of Speedway Results International section could very well open unseen gems.

In ideal world we would have a No1 and two reserves capable of interchanging with the main body. I do think you need to look at the club's history of performance in recent seasons too give of an idea of how we will perform in 2014. The resources we have available in terms of riders is not ideal. Bellego is a talent, Wethers is solid Carr/Starke at reserve is not going to scare anyone and we have no big hitters to carry us through in the later races. Then again we could really pull it out of the bag with a big signing (or something) and have a great season.

Peter Waite was also a great motivator getting the best from his riders. Has Ian Rae done this? Ian said in the programme its important the boys are having a "good time". Yes, I am sure they enjoyed the season as much as they club's supporters did.

Mr Anderson's tenure putting to one sides all the stadium work, has brought mid table finishes close home wins and usually going missing on away tracks. Nothing at present is suggesting 2014 will be any different.

Hmmmm, I seem to remember myself and a few others supporting Peter on here, when the usual lot lambasted him.

Now he is some kind of hero.

He was good at all the things mentioned.

The current Promotion also have many strengths.

They both won the 4s.

Neither have won the league: yet...

I wonder if certain folk will ever be able to accept the incumbent promotion (now, or in the future).

Rather sad.

• Like 1

Dont think its been mentioned on this thread so far but it appears that Berwick will make a later start than normal to the 2013 season,which IMO would make all kinds of sense.In the season just gone there was far to many blank saturdays in the middle of the season,some couldnt be avoided with the switch due to Sky coverage for the visit of Newcastle and the Cardiff GP,some couldve been avoided if the team had qualified to the later stages of the KOC etc.Continuity on saturday speedway has to be something the promotion need to look at for the 2014 season.

• Like 1

Dont think its been mentioned on this thread so far but it appears that Berwick will make a later start than normal to the 2013 season,which IMO would make all kinds of sense.In the season just gone there was far to many blank saturdays in the middle of the season,some couldnt be avoided with the switch due to Sky coverage for the visit of Newcastle and the Cardiff GP,some couldve been avoided if the team had qualified to the later stages of the KOC etc.Continuity on saturday speedway has to be something the promotion need to look at for the 2014 season.

While I agree regarding season just past. The problem is that if you have a good Cup run AND finish inthe top 6 you will need another 5 /6 weeks of Saturdays the complete the season.Also there seems to be a consensus that the season runs far too late into October and the weather and track conditions deteriorate.So unless there is a restructure of the Leagues you could still have problems regarding fixtures in a shortened season.

Not sure about averages but what about something like:

Allen

Bellego

Smith

Doolan

Vissing

Carr

J. Anderson

Allen 8.09

Bellego 6.36

Smith 7.15

Doolan 7.51

Vissing 6.89

Carr 6.09

J. Anderson 3.97

Total 41.96

Edited by starshooter

Not sure about averages but what about something like: Allen 8.09Bellego 6.36Smith 7.15Doolan 7.51Vissing 6.89Carr 6.09J. Anderson 3.97Total 41.96

Carr cant be 6.09?

Allen

Bellego

Smith

Doolan

Vissing

Carr

J. Anderson

I assume you mean Jake Anderson at Reserve? Rest of team looks good Going by BSPA site total is 42.97 sadly just too high?

O Allen 8-09,D Bellego 6-36,A Tully 7-19,M Wethers 6-79,L Bjerre 7-44,P Starke 3-61,L Carr3-00

Total 42.48