British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

possibility of 2 ambulances being available at meetings this season so should help should there be an accident.

I really hope this happens as the last few seasons with Health and Safety and protocols to be adhered regarding rider that are injured (rightly so) these delays totally kill the meetings and any atmosphere,even the most diehard fans must despair at the delays.The first aid room that was created last season did not seem to make any difference in respect of shortening the waiting time if arider was injured.

Get used to the delays, I have heard the first four meetings are Shielfield sell outs.

Season Tickets sold out... These will be the days to remember in years to come

Ooooooh sarcasm not like you

BERWICK youngster Liam Carr has withdrawn from the British Under-21 Championship in order to attend his club’s press and practice – which takes place on the same day as the semi-final at Plymouth.

The decision has been taken after consultation with the British Youth management, who stress it will not rule Carr out of consideration for other Under-21 events.

Co-boss Neil Vatcher said: “Liam was named in the original line-up for the semi-final, but after speaking to both Berwick and Liam it was felt that because this is his first year with his hometown club it would be best for him to attend their press day due to their local sponsors being in attendance on the day.

“The Young Lions Management have high regard for both Berwick Speedway and Liam Carr, and although Liam will not being competing in this years 2014 British Under-21 semi-final or Final, he will be considered for future Under-21 events if he continues the progress that he has already shown to date.”

I heard last night from a trusted source both turnstiles will be open for the Pre Season practice..

Hope this is the case I'm hoping to bring a few guys up from down south....

BERWICK youngster Liam Carr has withdrawn from the British Under-21 Championship in order to attend his club’s press and practice – which takes place on the same day as the semi-final at Plymouth.

The decision has been taken after consultation with the British Youth management, who stress it will not rule Carr out of consideration for other Under-21 events.

Co-boss Neil Vatcher said: “Liam was named in the original line-up for the semi-final, but after speaking to both Berwick and Liam it was felt that because this is his first year with his hometown club it would be best for him to attend their press day due to their local sponsors being in attendance on the day.

“The Young Lions Management have high regard for both Berwick Speedway and Liam Carr, and although Liam will not being competing in this years 2014 British Under-21 semi-final or Final, he will be considered for future Under-21 events if he continues the progress that he has already shown to date.”

For me, I would rather Liam was competing in the under 21s, than tootling around Berwick. Much better to get practice in a meaningful competition, than going round in circles a few times at press & practice. I am sure if it was explained to the fans, the vast majority would understand.

Seems we wont be seeing Kozza riding for Redcar after all was looking forward to seeing him again this year.Not many sleeps now.Congrats to Liam now able to drive on the roads as well.

Edited by Bandit59
  • Like 1

Good news in last night's club Newsletter. Ian Rae received nice recognition at the Berwick & District Forum's dinner, gaining their Service to Sport Award. To even be nominated was a boost for Razor and for speedway -- but winning ices the cake.

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

Just got in from the boozer to get the newsletter.

Brilliant that Razor has got the recognition that he deserves!

:approve:

Excellent! Dont get the newsletter but good to read your comments.That follows Denis McLearys Lifetime Achievement award bi Scottish Football in Summer, so good year for Berwick folks.Hope to be up for Redcar meeting. Is it 29 March?When Press Day? is it week before?

press and practice March 22nd followed by meet the riders question and answer, hot food, music £5 entry at black and gold then March 29th 1st meeting home to Redcar

Edited by View from the 3rd bend

This would explain much of what you post. :drink:;)

• Like 1

Brilliant that Razor has got the recognition that he deserves!

:approve:

dunno why he got ,,hes only won the 4s once,,he cant pick a team,,,he cant do a track,,,was he the only one in it?

• Like 1

dunno why he got ,,hes only won the 4s once,,he cant pick a team,,,he cant do a track,,,was he the only one in it?

I thought even someone of your ignorance would've understood, Ian Rae was nominated for and won a Long Service to Sport Award, remember Razors service to Berwick Speedway goes further back than just his managerial duties.

• Like 4

I thought even someone of your ignorance would've understood, Ian Rae was nominated for and won a Long Service to Sport Award, remember Razors service to Berwick Speedway goes further back than just his managerial duties.

hes still useless,,,,,,couldn't pick his nose

hes still useless,,,,,,couldn't pick his nose

Well done to Ian

Hes assembled a good side this year hopefully a good season is before us