British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

Whilst I dont think Olly Allen is an out and out no 1 these days I think in a strong top 5 he would be a good signing and is obviously a good team guy with experience so would be good for younger guys like Carr.

You spot on Emilali. A decent bloke too and always popular at Coventry. Would be a good second heat leader for Berwick if not a number 1
  • Like 1

Intrestingly Kenneth Hansen who stuggled here did well at Leicester and Coventry. While Jamrog struggled at Coventry...

I reckon 8.5 would be achieveable, injuries hindered him this year. He was going pretty good (score-wise) before the injury.

Be curious to see what the final PL teams look like come March 2014 (and what teams are racing at PL level). I don't think the quality will drop too much, admittedly I wouldn't think Cook and Doyle will be PL next year.

Edited by RobinH88

Why? Rule changes?

Surely they will ride in both next season, can't see them choosing to miss out on the money for the big scores that they will keep getting in th pl next year?

• Like 1

Intrestingly Kenneth Hansen who stuggled here did well at Leicester and Coventry. While Jamrog struggled at Coventry...I reckon 8.5 would be achieveable, injuries hindered him this year. He was going pretty good (score-wise) before the injury.Be curious to see what the final PL teams look like come March 2014 (and what teams are racing at PL level). I don't think the quality will drop too much, admittedly I wouldn't think Cook and Doyle will be PL next year.

Intrestingly Kenneth Hansen who stuggled here did well at Leicester and Coventry. While Jamrog struggled at Coventry...I reckon 8.5 would be achieveable, injuries hindered him this year. He was going pretty good (score-wise) before the injury.Be curious to see what the final PL teams look like come March 2014 (and what teams are racing at PL level). I don't think the quality will drop too much, admittedly I wouldn't think Cook and Doyle will be PL next year.
Edited by The Abbott

Craig Cook has said he still wants to Double Up in 2014 (see the 'Doubling Up - Should It Be Allowed' thread).

Whilst I dont think Olly Allen is an out and out no 1 these days I think in a strong top 5 he would be a good signing and is obviously a good team guy with experience so would be good for younger guys like Carr.

Olly Allen would be an excellent choice for Berwick , he's already stated that he loves the place and he can score well away from home , weather he can stay fit all year would be my only worry Edited by DSC67

I KNOW IM ANNOYING EVERYBODY BY POSTING LOADS OF TEAMS BUT I ENJOY DOING IT,

1. Richard Lawson 8.28

2. Todd Kurtz 4.92

3. Sebastian Alden 7.37

4. Kozza Smith 7.15

5. Olly Allen 8.09

6. Liam Carr 3.00

7. Paul Starke 3.61

• Like 1

Olly Allen would be an excellent choice for Berwick , he's already stated that he loves the place and he can score well away from home , weather he can stay fit all year would be my only worry

You cant not sign a rider for the fear he may get injured, though its true to say that Allen does seem to pick up more than his fair share of bad luck, anyway I cant see Allen being a Bandit in 2014.

Oliver Allen would be a superb Bandit - and a Number One for Shielfield Park - and he apparently made it clear in September how much he likes the track, and people.

The only trouble is one of distance from his home, which might well mean that other, less-prudent promotions with deeper pockets could lure him elsewhere.

• Like 1

I KNOW IM ANNOYING EVERYBODY BY POSTING LOADS OF TEAMS BUT I ENJOY DOING IT,1. Richard Lawson 8.282. Todd Kurtz 4.923. Sebastian Alden 7.374. Kozza Smith 7.155. Olly Allen 8.096. Liam Carr 3.007. Paul Starke 3.61

I KNOW IM ANNOYING EVERYBODY BY POSTING LOADS OF TEAMS BUT I ENJOY DOING IT,1. Richard Lawson 8.282. Todd Kurtz 4.923. Sebastian Alden 7.374. Kozza Smith 7.155. Olly Allen 8.096. Liam Carr 3.007. Paul Starke 3.61
Edited by TOURETTES

Oliver Allen would be a superb Bandit - and a Number One for Shielfield Park - and he apparently made it clear in September how much he likes the track, and people.

The only trouble is one of distance from his home, which might well mean that other, less-prudent promotions with deeper pockets could lure him elsewhere.

could you explain the what you mean by other "less prudent promotions " in this case.

I would imagine Oliver Allen will have interest from a good few PL teams. 8.09 is a figure I have no doubt he WILL improve on. Good signing on that average meaning there will be points to play with elsewhere in the team. A No1 as Emilali says he probably isn't (at this time of writing).

could you explain the what you mean by other "less prudent promotions " in this case.

Erm Poole?

Now that we know that Oliver Allen will not be returning to Rye House,you wonder if Shielfield might be his next stop.

Now that we know that Oliver Allen will not be returning to Rye House,you wonder if Shielfield might be his next stop.

dont forget there will be a few leicester riders up for grabs as it looks like they are elite league bound,nemo,doolan,graversen,karlsson,bjerre.

some good riders to choose from there.