British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

Not a chance North will be at Berwick.

probably not but speedway is a numbers game shows how difficult it can be to put a competitive team together
  • Like 1

strength in depth

1 Kozza 7.15, D Bellego 6.36, C Vissing 6.89, M Wethers 6.79, D North 6.55, H Skidmore 5.65, L Carr 3.00

Total 42.39

While I dont think this will be the Berwick seven for 2014 it does at least show that a strong 2nd reserve to partner Carr can be achieved.Lets hope the Berwick promotion are thinking along the same lines.

the interview that said Liams not ready yet seems like our friends up the road think he is.

Thats the one.

I think you should both read the interview again. Ian Rae did not say that Liam wasn't ready for PL, what he said was that with Liam still being at school, he wasn't sure if he was ready for full time PL

• Like 1

Nor Skidmore and have my doubts about Kozza to unfortunately

Heard that Kozza broke his collarbone in Aus recently

spoke to kozza this morning he is still waiting for wrist injury to heal

I think you should both read the interview again. Ian Rae did not say that Liam wasn't ready for PL, what he said was that with Liam still being at school, he wasn't sure if he was ready for full time PL

so he's ready for part time PL then??

chris Morton has been to visit Ricky Ashworth today.

Chris reports: "Ricky's Dad Dave has given me the go ahead to let the Belle Vue supporters know about my visit. I am so pleased to be able to tell you that Ricky is making excellent progress, when I saw him today he looked well and we were chatting for quite a while, during this chat he told me of his determination to get better.

Seeing Ricky on the road to recovery is brilliant news for his family and the World of Speedway. I saw today a young man with an inspirational level of determination who is a credit to himself and his family and wish Ricky all the very best on his recovery. I must also say thank you to Ricky's Dad Dave for making it possible for me to see Ricky."

report on bell vue website good to read

• Like 7

I took it to mean that Ian Rae was using the interview as a way of canvassing local organisations for commercial support for Liam, as he wasn't able to raise funds to buy PL gear while he stayed on at school.

David Howe, Pontus Aspegren?

Howe on a 6.34 average Pontus 6.74

Howe on a 6.34 average Pontus 6.74

Howe was a class act at PL level but in recent seasons seems injury prone and seems to want to further his long track career where he has picked up his recent injuries,not sure if he would be worth the gamble given his best years are probably behind him.

Not only 5 loanees but weak at reserve IMO,good idea to sign 1 of Starke and Carr but not both as I think whatever points you gain in Ht1 you`d be almost certainly be giving back in Ht2,especially away from home.It appears its a case of now or never for signing Liam Carr as if Berwick dont then Edinburgh certainly wiil,which is a bit tough on Paul Starke as IMO he did all that was asked of him in 2013,Carr of course will become a Berwick asset which will tip the scales in his favour.

Being British Liam Carr IS a Berwick asset now, as he signed a contract this season, it's only foreigners that have to compete in the requisite amount of meetings to become an asset