British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

Howe would be a good move, no doubt in my mind

Always a bit of a gating tart, I thought. Used to see him at Peterborough and Wolverhampton. Not sure why Berwick would prefer him to Olly Allen, if they find a need for an over-30 loanee to head their squad.

Er gating is rather essential at Berwick and Speedway in general

I'd say allen is more of a risk from than Howe going on there respective cmas

Really good news that Ricky is making progress. Was at the meeting where he was injured, & it still gives me a cold shiver down my spine when I think about it.

Would he not miss a lot of meetings due to Longtrack ?

If Howes Longtrack activities in 2014 are anything like 2013 then that has to rule him out of any chance of a Berwick contract.

I think you should both read the interview again. Ian Rae did not say that Liam wasn't ready for PL, what he said was that with Liam still being at school, he wasn't sure if he was ready for full time PL

''But Bandits team manager Ian Rae, while he is undecided on his plans for next year, says he is still not certain the youngster is ready to step up full time to Premier League racing. Liam has done extremely well on his late season outings with Edinburgh, said Rae. It has gained him some valuable experience, which is what it is all about at this stage of his career. But Liam is still at school, and whilst we will give him every concideration when it comes to our team building for 2014, I am not sure he is ready for a full time move to Premier League just yet.''

This is a direct quote from his interview, make your own minds up.

Edited by TOURETTES

How about, Riki Wells, Jakub Jamrog, Nikolaj Jakobsen, David Bellago, Anders Thomsen, Liam Car and take you pick from Kozza, Claus Vissing or if we were feeling naughty Anton Rosen or any newbee we fancy with 7.22 left. Strong top end with a bit of flare but also some experience a bit light at the bottom though but think Anders would up his avg by a couple of points.

How about, Riki Wells, Jakub Jamrog, Nikolaj Jakobsen, David Bellago, Anders Thomsen, Liam Car and take you pick from Kozza, Claus Vissing or if we were feeling naughty Anton Rosen or any newbee we fancy with 7.22 left. Strong top end with a bit of flare but also some experience a bit light at the bottom though but think Anders would up his avg by a couple of points.

Anders Thomsen?

Why not rename yourselves the Berwick Vultures?

• Like 2

What about,

1) Doolan 7.51

2) Bellego 6.36

3) Smith 7.15

4) Aspgren 6.74

5) Alden 7.37

6) Carr 3.00

7) Compton 4.36

Total 42.49 Pretty strong side and guaranteed a strong reserve all season with little pressure on carr

1 - Ben Barker

2 - Steve Boxall

3 - Matty Wethers

4 - Kozza Smith

5 - David Bellego

6 - Anders Thomsen

7 - Liam Carr / Paul Starke

Not sure what Steve Boxall's average would be and depending on whether Liam will make the step up or not. To be honest after seeing Liam at Armadale it may be a better starting point for him on a small track but we'll wait and see

If there is to be no Glasgow next season as sad as that would be, then how about Anders Thomsen to partner Carr at reserve on 4.11 he's a good shout had a hard start to his premier career in a Glasgow team that was struggling and riding mostly in the main body of the team.

Thomsen was his own worst enemy, often riding an engine that wouldn't last 2 laps then scoring big points back in Denmark a day later. When he was on song he was excellent just it wasn't often enough.

• Like 1

1 - Ben Barker

2 - Steve Boxall

3 - Matty Wethers

4 - Kozza Smith

5 - David Bellego

6 - Anders Thomsen

7 - Liam Carr / Paul Starke

Not sure what Steve Boxall's average would be and depending on whether Liam will make the step up or not. To be honest after seeing Liam at Armadale it may be a better starting point for him on a small track but we'll wait and see

I think Len will have Boxall in his plans for 2014.

What about,

1) Doolan 7.51

2) Bellego 6.36

3) Smith 7.15

4) Aspgren 6.74

5) Alden 7.37

6) Carr 3.00

7) Compton 4.36

Total 42.49 Pretty strong side and guaranteed a strong reserve all season with little pressure on carr

Not sure Id have Aspegren in any Berwick team giving the level of his performances in the season just gone, however you`ve posted a decent team and one something along the lines of what we will be seeing in 2014.As you say if Carr is to be one of the reserves then its vital that there is strength in the other reserve position.

Not sure Id have Aspegren in any Berwick team giving the level of his performances in the season just gone, however you`ve posted a decent team and one something along the lines of what we will be seeing in 2014.As you say if Carr is to be one of the reserves then its vital that there is strength in the other reserve position.

I'm sure there won't be an Aspgren in the team.

neither would Ren.