British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

Question with so many new Team Members will we have Team Leathers next season

Liam Carr will have new Kevlars & engine cover, in black & gold, not team however. I can arrange with Adrian Rymel to make a pair for you if you want to sponsor another rider with new kevlars, in matching colours.

... and the answer to your question is: Who gives a fluck?

oh lulu is there any need... Dick would call you a forum fanny for that :)
  • Like 1

... and the answer to your question is: Who gives a fluck?

What a very pathectic response,though no surprise giving some of the other tripe youve posted.

Liam Carr will have new Kevlars & engine cover, in black & gold, not team however. I can arrange with Adrian Rymel to make a pair for you if you want to sponsor another rider with new kevlars, in matching colours.

So there will be no team kevlars,maybe those who argued about the Edberg equals team kevlars last season were not that wide of the mark.

oh lulu is there any need... Dick would call you a forum fanny for that :)

And he would be correct.

I get the argument that Berwick may be a little weak in Hts 13 & 15,especially away from home, but IMO now we are going with strength in depth Id hope we will make up any short comings in Ht 2,8 & 14.

What a very pathectic response,though no surprise giving some of the other tripe youve posted.

So there will be no team kevlars,maybe those who argued about the Edberg equals team kevlars last season were not that wide of the mark.

And he would be correct.

I dont know if there will be team kevlars or not, I was buying kevlars for Liam if he was in Berwick team or not, as his were raggy arsed. I have made sure they would be Black & Gold though.

I get the argument that Berwick may be a little weak in Hts 13 & 15,especially away from home, but IMO now we are going with strength in depth Id hope we will make up any short comings in Ht 2,8 & 14.

I would not say we have a bad team, nor is it a good team on paper, it is an 'IF TEAM', if certain riders perform it could be a team in the top 6, if they dont click could be in the bottom 4. I am pleased that the promotion as at least looked in a different direction as far as team buliding is concerned, I would have prefered them to go down the new asset way, but at least this team has a chance.

Dont think Doolan & Wethers will increase their average, but will be able to mix it with the big boys, and Doolan can at least gate, something missing the last few seasons. Jensen is an unknown quantity but should be able to do reasonably well as a reserve, giving a back up to young Liam, who if he can hold his average of 3 or put a slight increase on, will be good for his 1st season. This is where the 'IF'enters the equation, IF Kus manages what he is capable of, IF Vissing stays away from injury, IF Bellego continues to improve, it may be as suggested something like the team of 2005.

This I am certain, it should be more exciting, hoping the team can achieve it's potential. Now give me a track prepared consistantly to the same standard as the under 21 FIM meeting,'EVERY WEEK' and Berwick Bandits may be a force to be noticed.

• Like 1

I would not say we have a bad team, nor is it a good team on paper, it is an 'IF TEAM', if certain riders perform it could be a team in the top 6, if they dont click could be in the bottom 4. I am pleased that the promotion as at least looked in a different direction as far as team buliding is concerned, I would have prefered them to go down the new asset way, but at least this team has a chance.Dont think Doolan & Wethers will increase their average, but will be able to mix it with the big boys, and Doolan can at least gate, something missing the last few seasons. Jensen is an unknown quantity but should be able to do reasonably well as a reserve, giving a back up to young Liam, who if he can hold his average of 3 or put a slight increase on, will be good for his 1st season. This is where the 'IF'enters the equation, IF Kus manages what he is capable of, IF Vissing stays away from injury, IF Bellego continues to improve, it may be as suggested something like the team of 2005.This I am certain, it should be more exciting, hoping the team can achieve it's potential. Now give me a track prepared consistantly to the same standard as the under 21 FIM meeting,'EVERY WEEK' and Berwick Bandits may be a force to be noticed.

I would agree with your summing up of the Team ,fingers crossed the Promotion deserve a bit of luck with the effort they have put in .

I would agree with your summing up of the Team ,fingers crossed the Promotion deserve a bit of luck with the effort they have put in .

Don't believe in luck, you either get it right, or, you get it wrong. At least for the 1st time in a while, it looks like a possibility. Edited by TOURETTES
  • Like 2

Don't believe in luck, you either get it right, or, you get it wrong. At least for the 1st time in a while, it looks like a possibility.

Luck can play a massive part in how any clubs' season goes.

• Like 2

Luck can play a massive part in how any clubs' season goes.

like I said, you get it right or you get it wrong, luck to me is nonsense. I am not lucky in making a profit in business and unlucky when I dont, it's 100% down to me.
  • Like 1

like I said, you get it right or you get it wrong, luck to me is nonsense. I am not lucky in making a profit in business and unlucky when I dont, it's 100% down to me.

Little chance of you getting injured selling a watch though, to win in any sport you need that element of luck
  • Like 3

Little chance of you getting injured selling a watch though, to win in any sport you need that element of luck

Or perhaps an element of skill

Or perhaps an element of skill

If it's the riders own fault he gets injured, yes, but it may also be down to other elements like a chain snapping or another rider hitting them etc., that's where the luck comes into it.

Any promotion can put 7 fantastic riders in their team, it only takes 1 or 2 injuries to completely mess things up.

• Like 2

If it's the riders own fault he gets injured, yes, but it may also be down to other elements like a chain snapping or another rider hitting them etc., that's where the luck comes into it.

Any promotion can put 7 fantastic riders in their team, it only takes 1 or 2 injuries to completely mess things up.

Go back to the comment from Fromafar, where he said the club deserved luck, no mention of riders, someone digressed.