British Speedway Forum

Shadders you are not another love child of uncle Len are you? :D

Another? How many does he have?

there is a distinct difference between paying the riders and paying them on time as opposed to being ruthless and bringing in expensive replacements during the season... ;)

Yes, I understand that, but as he has a history of loyalty to his riders I can't see any enforced changes happening. The last rider I can remember being "let go" was Kurt Shields Edited by Shadders

Shadders you are not another love child of uncle Len are you? :D

there is a distinct difference between paying the riders and paying them on time as opposed to being ruthless and bringing in expensive replacements during the season... ;)

There's a big difference in being paid what you're owed, to the penny, on time, as is always the case at Rye. Or not being paid at all, which is happening all to frequently, loads of promises being made this winter, but the more experienced riders know who to trust and who to stay away from.

I see that Jason Garrity and Simon Lambert are on the Hot list for Elite league reserve places and wondered which team would take precedence in the event of a fixture clash. Hopefully it would be Rye House.

I see that Jason Garrity and Simon Lambert are on the Hot list for Elite league reserve places and wondered which team would take precedence in the event of a fixture clash. Hopefully it would be Rye House.

Almost certainly

i have read that the doubling up riders like Cook amd Doyle will next season have to give their Elite clubs priority over their Premier clubs. how the reserves will work could be the same or totally the opposte.

i have read that the doubling up riders like Cook amd Doyle will next season have to give their Elite clubs priority over their Premier clubs. how the reserves will work could be the same or totally the opposte.

Edinburgh have priority over Cook as he is their asset

only if contracted to that club if riding there on loan then they dont have priority

and doyle so far aint doubling up from what ive heard he wont be riding prem league

Edited by scarra

If an elite reserve has to give priority to their NL club who replaces them for the night in the elite league?

Looking at the team, I’m sure it has potential..........

I hope Simon Lambert proves his worth. He is keen to return, so let’s hope it proves a astute move. On the larger away tracks he should prove to be a major asset which is probably why Len has signed him. If he can get 4 or 5 at home will be a trump card.

Luke Bowen, well again he can do it around Rye, still struggles a bit away from Rye, let’s hope for an injury free season.

Jason Bunyan, for me a key player. Excellent in the pits, that’s potentially worth a couple of points straight away. Again let’s hope for a injury free season and will keep his average or maybe increase by a point.

Jason Garrity, can be a big hitter if again he steers clear of injury. Could quite easily average 8 plus average a meeting

Tyson Nelson is a make or break season for him. Has all the balance and skill and although I believe he is nursing a nasty leg injury sustained in Aussie, let’s hope he’s fully fit for the start of the 2014 season. A common theme in the 2014 team this riders who are coming back from injuries.

Steve Boxall has the ability to do well at this level. He has the skill but machinery has been an issue, generally stays fit, so let’s hope 2014 is no different on the fitness front.

Edward Kennett will be good around Rye House, should be good away to, has a heavy average to live up to.

If the team has a bit of luck, which has sadly eluded them over the last few seasons then Rye could surprise a few. The worry is ‘what if’ we have injuries and out of form riders but I guess the same can be said for all teams….

I like the look of the Dry House team.

Kennett will lose 1+ at least off his average but will still be a top no1 at PL level.

All the rest have the potential to improve beyond Kennetts slight loss I reckon though.

Not gonna be threatening the top 4, but top 6 is a distinct possibility. Lots of ifs and buts. Injuries could ruin our season.

Personally I can't wait for the season to start.

last season i went for redcar to top the league and they almost got to it. so season i am going to go for your lot. team looks weak , but i think your riders can improve a lot. so thats put the kiss of death on it for ya.. have a good un..

Slightly off-topic, but good to see both Olly (Somerset) and Anders (Scunthorpe) are fixed up for next season.