British Speedway Forum

Yes those poor Aussies,I find it amazing then Rye House would announce Nelson as a confirmed signing when they mustve known this situation was rumbling around.It is clear now that any team going to sign an Austrailian rider should make sure everythings in place before announcing their signature.

Not so amazing really, most promoters do it. Ask the Leicester and Somerset promotion who seem to be going through the no visa problem with Jason Doyle. And there are rumours of others being affected as well. Sheet happens, now move on. :drink:

When Tresarrieu stays on his bike he's good to watch , unfortunately he's usually good for at least 1 off per meeting ( normally when surrounded by clean air ) . I once saw him fall off while practicing at Mildenhall with half the track to himself . An unusual riding style . Good luck to him though .

Not so amazing really, most promoters do it. Ask the Leicester and Somerset promotion who seem to be going through the no visa problem with Jason Doyle. And there are rumours of others being affected as well. Sheet happens, now move on. :drink:

Your right,though you`d think the signing clubs would check that everthing was in place before they made these signing announcements.

Oh gosh.

I started the close season with hopes of (1979, 1980 and 2005 revisited)

A big No 1

Garrity

Aspregren

Nelson

Mellgren

Bunyan

Anybody with that lot already in the side

Massive potential in the four now we have a team where other than Garrity you can make a case that all the others may go down, not up.

Yeas, I will give this team a chance (I await Chris`s response) and maybe I am too pessimistic but its far from what I thought we were on the cusp of.

• Like 2

What I cannot understand is how Rye and Tyson Nelson have been caught out again.

Once is unfortunate, but twice in the space of three years is very clumsy and with Len Silver been involved in the travel business you would think that he would have a greater understanding if the situation.

I don't believe arranging skiing holidays in the French Alps has much to do with the UK border agency.

• Like 1

Another mess from Silver and team is now weaker with Tressarieu in. Bottom half again written all over it.

Kennett

Aspgren

Mellgren

Garrity

The four riders the whole side should have been built around. Had to get his favourite Bowen in though at reserve, which has messed up the team completely.

The old boy has no ambition.

Would also have thought what with being Nelson's sponsor he wouldn't let him go home with his visa about to run out meaning he couldn't apply for another for a year. He was a shoo in for this years side so not to sort his visa before he went home is a complete cock up.

Edited by Chris

What I cannot understand is how Rye and Tyson Nelson have been caught out again.

Once is unfortunate, but twice in the space of three years is very clumsy and with Len Silver been involved in the travel business you would think that he would have a greater understanding if the situation.

Somebody really has messed up to allow it to happen twice.

Would also have thought what with being Nelson's sponsor he wouldn't let him go home with his visa about to run out meaning he couldn't apply for another for a year. He was a shoo in for this years side so not to sort his visa before he went home is a complete cock up.

According to Nelson on Facebook last October he couldn't wait to go back to OZ. I think he left before the end of the month. Looking at his disgusting racist FB status this morning I'm kind of glad he ain't racing over here this year!

I guess they'll be a "To Let" sign going up on that caravan behind the 4th bend now

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

Pretty much a like-for-like surely? Im not getting the doom and gloom. I still think this Rye House team is pretty handy. I'm sure Shadders will be pleased to know that at th emoment I've got Rye Hosue and Berwick down as my teams to watch out for (along with Scunthorpe).

None of you are mentioning Stevie Boxall... He'll be one of the top riders in the PL in 2014 without question.

Be wary making ear;y pre-season forecasts! From experience I have had many predictions like this bounce back and bite me where I sit down. But of course, I do wish Steve Boxall the best of luck at Rye House in the coming season.

Be wary making ear;y pre-season forecasts! From experience I have had many predictions like this bounce back and bite me where I sit down. But of course, I do wish Steve Boxall the best of luck at Rye House in the coming season.

I should indeed be wary - with my track record on predictions!!!!

But Stevie is pure quality and can see no reason why for once I won't be proved correct!!

None of you are mentioning Stevie Boxall... He'll be one of the top riders in the PL in 2014 without question.

I should indeed be wary - with my track record on predictions!!!!

But Stevie is pure quality and can see no reason why for once I won't be proved correct!!

There is a first time for everything - so it has been said. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your prediction P1928.

I don't think Boxall's ability has ever been an issue, its his application and machinery which have let him down in the past.

If everything clicks for him this year he could be one of the leagues top men.

• Like 1