British Speedway Forum

Very much a typical Rye team over the last couple of years.

Could be a few fireworks with the likes of Garrity, Nelson and Boxall.

Quite a promising team if Nelson and Garrity can prove the promise they showed last night.

Surprised to see Rambo back for them, but Uncle Len usually springs a surprise or two.

Very much a typical Rye team over the last couple of years.

Could be a few fireworks with the likes of Garrity, Nelson and Boxall.

Quite a promising team if Nelson and Garrity can prove the promise they showed last night.

Surprised to see Rambo back for them, but Uncle Len usually springs a surprise or two.

Two points from Spin Kings post;

1. The trouble is with those 3 in the team the fireworks maybe in the Rye pits and not on the track :o

2, What were you doing with Nelson and Garritty last night ;)

Very sorry to see Anders go, thought he was ready to progress to an outright No. 1 this year and not so sure about having Simon Lambert back in the team. Showed a lot of effort last year for very little reward. Don't like to moan about something I have never done myself, but the team overall is not making me think title contenders next year.

• Like 1

Very poor team IMO far to long of a tail add to that Kennet proves at berwick he is nowhere a 10 point/num 1 rider

It didn’t really...

If you judge his performances in isolation he was actually quite dominant when he had to be.

His only dodgy meeting was Newcastle at home.

Seem to be in a minority but anyone thinking Kennet is going to have an average below 9 to 9.5 is kidding them self on.

Edited by wjm
  • Like 1

If JG and LB are 100% fit, , if SB can reproduce his best for a whole season, then Rye have a good chance of reaching the play-offs, far too many if's in the line up though.

It didn’t really...

If you judge his performances in isolation he was actually quite dominant when he had to be.

His only dodgy meeting was Newcastle at home.

Seem to be in a minority but anyone thinking Kennet is going to have an average below 9 to 9.5 is kidding them self on.

In his 3 Home matches he only won 3 races and 2 were in th Newcastle match.

Kennet should be hard to beat around Rye House. Maybe Berwick wasn't the best track for him or he came at the wrong time

Once his average drops Rye could make positive changes, whether Silver does or not I dunno...

In his 3 Home matches he only won 3 races and 2 were in th Newcastle match.

Other than a daft fall when a mile in front against Leicester he was unbeaten by an opponent and truth be told quite stunning in his other rides.

Team rode Barret around while looking over his shoulder for most of the race, took Niemenim from the back charging down the back straight and under him into the 3rd bend.

His debut performance was up there when it comes to individual performances at Berwick IMO.

Against Scunthorpe he was paid for 8 from 4, including two 5-1s.

Kennet should be hard to beat around Rye House. Maybe Berwick wasn't the best track for him or he came at the wrong time

Once his average drops Rye could make positive changes, whether Silver does or not I dunno...

He should be a 9pt man in PL be he can't gate consistently,which makes it difficult for him.He was out of form for a lot of last season though.

To say he was stunning against that standard of oppisition is frankly laughable

Edited by RobinH88

To say he was stunning against that standard of oppisition is frankly laughable

Aye but to be fair you’re a cock socket.

Dissapointed.

On the face of it that team won't be losing at home, then again not too many points earned away.

For me it becomes more of a worry when looking at the individuals

Edward kennett unlikely to be beaten very often at home but will struggle as a No 1 away from home

Tyson Nelson an enigma will be good to have at the big tracks but just not consistent enough last year

Steve Boxall great at Kent, i saw a lot of him but does need a big investment in equipment to get him to where he needs to be in the PL

Jason Bunyan a real underachiever since he came to Rye a big disappointment when looking at his averages

Jason Garrity capable of a nine point average if he stays fit

Simon Lambert a strange one, loads of effort a couple of good meetings, who knows how he might have progressed had he not been injured against Ipswich

Luke Bowen should be one of the best reserves in the league but will he last the season, he rarely does

With the exception of Boxall and Kennett we have a team full of accidents waiting to happen and i see us on the edge of the playoffs no better no worse, at least we will keep the punters happy at Rye

If Ben improves again on the away tracks and continues to toughen up then 2015 will be his year but this year at home he would have been ok but would be carried away from home

I wonder what Chris will think to this team ? He normally has it sussed out

He normally has it sussed out ? Yeah right

Mellgren and Aspgren instead of Kennett and Lambert and we had a title contending team on our hands.

No issues with Eddie coming back on a personal level, he's a Rye legend but from a team building stand point he takes up too many points and this has meant we have had to sign Simon Lambert. A bit of perspective, we have dropped Olly Allen, what more does Kennett offer the side except maybe a point or two more at home for his far higher average?

Lambert won't pull up any trees, he always looks laboured around Rye and that's a polite appraisal.

Mellgren and Aspgren would have left Luke and Garrity at reserve whilst we would have always had a solid number one.

I'll reserve judgement but I think it's going to be a case of what could have been.

What Eddie will bring will be his ability to win races at Rye something Olly was not able to do regularly which may be enough to stop the rot at Rye. No point in having a number one who can't make the most of home advantage. Equally the way he rides means that Eddie will be far more likely to last the season unlike the sadly injury prone Olly.

Whilst Mellgren and Aspgren looked good initially but the progress wasn't great and given the expense of flying them in every week when there are British riders available i think it was sensible The same can be said of Kasper

I hope Anders and a decent reserve are still available when Ed's average drops and Boxall goes missing. I'm afraid it's time for Ben to look elsewhere for his PL experience because it's obvious that Len is never going to trust him away from home.