British Speedway Forum
skoobie

Workington 2014

Question was answered by the promotion on the club forum, looks an excellent team if true

How can you say it's an excellent team when those 2 reserves struggled for the majority of last season?

How can you say it's an excellent team when those 2 reserves struggled for the majority of last season?

The top 5 will be as good as anything in the league. The reserves may have under performed last year and we know why. Chris will have 2 bikes from Nicki Pedersen as opposed to the 2 old ones he was using last season, he has time to prepare as opposed to being thrown in at the deep end like last year. Ash will benefit from riding in the Elite league and will also improve his starting from working with Steve Lawson. I think all these factors will lead to both of them putting 2 points on their average, let's support them instead of constantly knocking them

• Like 3

We don't do discounts these days, do we.

Yes we do. For riders gaining an average in the Prem for the first after moving up from the National League. Your own Lewis Kerr will qualify for a 2.5 % reduction for the next 3 years. I thought YOU would have known that.

Yes we do. For riders gaining an average in the Prem for the first after moving up from the National League. Your own Lewis Kerr will qualify for a 2.5 % reduction for the next 3 years. I thought YOU would have known that.

To be fair I didn't as I thought that disappeared last year, but thanks for the correction.

The top 5 will be as good as anything in the league. The reserves may have under performed last year and we know why. Chris will have 2 bikes from Nicki Pedersen as opposed to the 2 old ones he was using last season, he has time to prepare as opposed to being thrown in at the deep end like last year. Ash will benefit from riding in the Elite league and will also improve his starting from working with Steve Lawson. I think all these factors will lead to both of them putting 2 points on their average, let's support them instead of constantly knocking them

I think your living in a fantasy world, 2points yeh right! The top 4 are good can't argue with that, Campton after having a year out really did need to start at reserve, and like it or not reserves won meetings, when Ashley Morris is your strongest reserve I'm afraid that tells its own story. I'm not trying to be critical but realistic.

I think your living in a fantasy world, 2points yeh right! The top 4 are good can't argue with that, Campton after having a year out really did need to start at reserve, and like it or not reserves won meetings, when Ashley Morris is your strongest reserve I'm afraid that tells its own story. I'm not trying to be critical but realistic.

Chris had a 5 point average at the start of last season, no reason he can't get there with better preparation and equipment. Time will tell and if isn't working then hopefully the promotion will change things ( I believe that should have happened last year but hey) if we win the league you have to admit you were wrong! Might not even be the right team, still speculating lol

reports on workington unofdfical forum say anounced tonight at fence fund auction

kyle howarth returns for 2014 on full transfer ashley morris + chris mills back at reserve to join rene bach and mason campton

and another new face for 2014 josh garjczonek

1 more rider to complete the team

Add ricky wells to that!

Impressive looking top 5 the comets have put together but not too sure about the reserve pairing myslef but thats just a matter of opinions

Hats off to the Comets. That is some team. Didnt see Josh going there, happy to be proved wrong. He is gonna take some stopping around DP next season.

Grajczonek

Bach

Wells

Howarth

Campton

Morris

Mills

Confirmed line up

Surprise lineup, but a cracking team. Will be hard to beat either home or away, but things can happen but a good start .

• Like 1

Good top 5, suspect at reserve, can see the reserves being there all season. Still though with that top 5 Worky should be up there again.

Top 5 looks very, very strong. Maybe doesn't have a top number 1 although Josh G wasn't far from that last year and is still improving. Similar looking team to Newcastle, maybe more powerful at 1 & 5. Will certainly be one of the contenders, injuries permitting.