British Speedway Forum

Are you sure about that

Nope it hasnt as no-one on here has got the number 7 correct

extra clue in paper is that one of the final riders will be a new assett which i believe will be number 7 and will be a 3pt rider (everyone else has greenwood who it wont be and is already an assett)

My predicted team

1. Mellgren

2. Birks (all but confirmed as only rider who fits between our number 1 and 3`s averages who is left)

3. Auty

6. Douglas

7. 3pt rider i would guess as either danny phillips or Matt williamson

That leaves 4 and 5 and around 12.6pts to play with.

that leave tommy gun and a rejuvinated david howe

I think this will be a very strong team and although no one rider is classed as an out and out number 1 you have your lowest second string over a 6pt average and all of teh top 5 can push to be number 1

Then at reserve ryan can add several point to his average if he continues like the second half of the season and that leaves the pressure off whoever in number 7 like the idea was last year with josh bates but didnt quite work out with ryan initially struggling.

I think this team is well designed to pickup away points while still being comfortable around the EWR.

• Like 2

i saw Matt Sunday at practice. Didn't seem particularly quick but practice tracks(never graded) are not race tracks plus i think there are better 3pt or possibly 3.4pt riders out there. Now that the EL have published a list of 23 riders for EL reserve positions, things might become clearer.

Newcastle gone with big top 5 to keep same or similar reserves in those positions.

On an entirely selfish note, hope your number 7 is not Phillips. Would like to see him end up at Redcar at some point in the future

On reading this on other topics, it was in the 2013 Regulations so if it didn't apply last year, it won't apply in 2014.

Do not know why tho'!

Technically last year we did get 2.5 off birks...although not needed...this year he doesnt get it

Checked archives & 2011 rode for Sheffield, 2012 & 13 for Scorpions.

Also found Howarth in 2011 23 matches 111 rides 120 pts ave 4.32

2012 38 matches 185 rides 253 pts ave 5.47

2013 ave 6.86

3 years with an effective CMA riding in the same years as Ash. What's the difference?

• Like 4

Quiet on here. Can't wait for more team news and who will be main team sponsor etc.

Nope it hasnt as no-one on here has got the number 7 correct

extra clue in paper is that one of the final riders will be a new assett which i believe will be number 7 and will be a 3pt rider (everyone else has greenwood who it wont be and is already an assett)

My predicted team

1. Mellgren

2. Birks (all but confirmed as only rider who fits between our number 1 and 3`s averages who is left)

3. Auty

6. Douglas

7. 3pt rider i would guess as either danny phillips or Matt williamson

That leaves 4 and 5 and around 12.6pts to play with.

that leave tommy gun and a rejuvinated david howe

I think this will be a very strong team and although no one rider is classed as an out and out number 1 you have your lowest second string over a 6pt average and all of teh top 5 can push to be number 1

Then at reserve ryan can add several point to his average if he continues like the second half of the season and that leaves the pressure off whoever in number 7 like the idea was last year with josh bates but didnt quite work out with ryan initially struggling.

I think this team is well designed to pickup away points while still being comfortable around the EWR.

What about Josh Bates as 3 pointer

1. Anders Mellgren 7.33

2. Thomas Jorgensen 6.15

3. Ashley Birks 7.30

4. David Howe 6.34

5. Josh Auty 7.24

6. Josh Bates 3.00

7. Ryan Douglas 5.03

What about Josh Bates as 3 pointer

1. Anders Mellgren 7.33

2. Thomas Jorgensen 6.15

3. Ashley Birks 7.30

4. David Howe 6.34

5. Josh Auty 7.24

6. Josh Bates 3.00

7. Ryan Douglas 5.03

been there done that with bates last season and it did not work out.

What about Josh Bates as 3 pointer1. Anders Mellgren 7.33

2. Thomas Jorgensen 6.15

3. Ashley Birks 7.30

4. David Howe 6.34

5. Josh Auty 7.24

6. Josh Bates 3.00

7. Ryan Douglas 5.03

The three pointer won't be bates rob has already said the rider will become a new asset so that rule him out and Ollie greenwood who already is think the name of the rider is above on the post moorwell liked

• Like 1

hes only 18 isnt he so he is a talent with good potential?

hes only 18 isnt he so he is a talent with good potential?

Think rob will want to steer clear of 3pt riders who are already doing nl and el. A lot of commitment to machinery and travel doing all 3 which will probably be too much.

Will be a rider doing just the 2 leagues which will help for fixture clashes and work/education which some of the younger riders struggle with.

But i feel Bates was unlucky he showed later on in other guest appearances he has talent he beat Doyle on merit.Douglas who i felt would average 6 that going on reports and he had some impressive results in Aussie in which i see on you tube.He struggled bigtime but the Scunny promotion stuck with him where maybe others would not of and fair play to them they have a decent prospect.Going back to Bates if Scunny had performed to they're potential they might of been able to carry him but i do believe Bates has potential.
  • Like 1