British Speedway Forum

To be honest I think last seasons reserves where a big mistake, it worked out in the end for Douglas & I'm glad it did but you cant carry two reserves who are learning there trade at this level, one just about. I am disappointed not to see Lewis Blackbird back again, he obviosuly didnt fit in with team building averages & there are always casualties in that dept.

Looks like we are going to be going into tthe new season carrying another one, we may as well have tried to get Steve Worral back (before he signed for Edinburgh), at least he has seen all the tracks.

Good reserves & a big number one win you this league, shown time & time again. Edit - thats not to say any one of 6 of who think will be riding for the scorpions this year cant make an 8 pt average & be a big hitting number 1 :)

Edited by Lewis

David carried the team in years gone by but over the last couple of years let himself and the team down by trying to ride when we was obviously not fit. If we get the David, from before his injuries back, then we will have a snip at his current average. I personally would prefer Ash to return as Captain because he seems better at motivating those around him, but of course he has not been announced as in the team YET.

Hope it all goes well, Rob has taken the gamble with David and in a way will have to do the same if Ash is retained after his horrific injuries at the end of last year, but after his perseverance with a number of other riders over the years he deserves for it all to to work.

Just need rest of team now, hope Ash and Jorgey are amongst them!

• Like 1

Very happy with David coming back, I was really hoping he would be.

If he can get back to anywhere near where he was then we have a bargain; great guy, loyal servant to the club & great speedway rider. :) Made my day.

http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Fully-fit-super-quick-David-Howe-earns-place/story-20258812-detail/story.html

Edited by Lewis

Looking at the points left over it would be probably safe to think that the rest of the team would be;

Ash Birks

Thomas Jorgensen

3 Pointer

Did not Rob Godfrey say that there would be a new asset added to the team, maybe a 3 pointer.

Luke Crang maybe?

• Like 1

Still don't think One of Birks or Jorgensen maybe even both will be in the side.[/quote

Think you could be wrong there

Don't think it will be Crang spinny think the welcome Matt maybe for someone else

Well, my thoughts were correct (post#96)but did not give too much away.

My suspicions were that David carried a no2 on his bike, back up to Mellgren(a cracking 1 & 2), also, speaking to his dad, as i didn't speak to David as he was busy on bike & speaking to Rob, that's why he was setting an engine up that was not right last year, but setting it up on a track he would not be riding on. Put 2 & 2 together &, thankfully, got 4.

Welcome home David.

Edited by IronScorpion

Still don't think One of Birks or Jorgensen maybe even both will be in the side.

Hope you're wrong!

Still don't think One of Birks or Jorgensen maybe even both will be in the side.

What about this for a team without Birks (even though it doesn't put Auty third in the averages but I can't find anyone between Mellgren & Auty that isn't Birks or L. Lindgren):

1. Anders Mellgren 7.33

2. Carl Wilkinson 5.59

3. David Howe 6.34

4. Thomas Jorgensen 6.15

5. Josh Auty 7.24

6. Ryan Douglas 5.03

7. Lewis Blackbird 4.81 (with 2.5% reduction)

Total: 42.48

Without Jorgensen:

1. Anders Mellgren 7.33

2. Hugh Skidmore 5.65

3. David Howe 6.34

4. Ashley Birks 7.12 (with 2.5% reduction)

5. Josh Auty 7.24

6. Ryan Douglas 5.03

7. Joe Jacobs 3.53 (the new asset?)

Total: 42.24

Without Jorgensen or Birks:

1. Anders Mellgren 7.33

2. Carl Wilkinson 5.59

3. David Howe 6.34

4. Nicolai Klindt 6.93

5. Josh Auty 7.24

6. Ryan Douglas 5.03

7. Jake Anderson 3.97 (the new asset?)

Total: 42.49

• Like 1

I'd like to have Jorgensen & Birks but cant see a decent 3 ptr in with them or out of the 3 sides you've put together there islander I like the look of the first one :)

• Like 1

How about

Mellgren

Jorgensen

Howe

Birks

Auty

Douglas

A young lad from Buxton hitmen

• Like 1

T.J. seen in Scunthorpe Wednesday. Maybe meeting with Rob. If terms agreed you have your fifth rider.

looks a strong team all the way to number six.