British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Berwick V Newcastle Sat 31st August Tyne/tweed Trophy

I agree that the league IS and SHOULD take prioity but it is still a fixture that needs to be fourfilled and if it is such a meaningless fixture why should anybody turn up?

The fact of the matter IMO is they are or should be ALL meaningfull :o .

It doesn't need to be fullfilled at all. If there is a blank date then run it, if not, bin it. What I meant by it being 'meaningless' is that it is, in context of the season as there are official fixtures need running. The Tyne/Tweed Trophy is an 'unofficial' fixture. Either run it at the start of the season, or, when a date is available, or at the end of the season.

I don't remember people losing much sleep over the Tyne/Tees Trophy being binned a few years back. Much the same here IMO.

Edited by The Abbott

I didn't know that. Ian Thomas is/was a VIP at Workington and Newcastle So the TT Trophy still has to be accommodated at Brough and SHOULDN'T be in the playoffs section of the season we could have an injury against Berwick that will jeopardise our play off matches.

Or Newcastle could come up to Berwick on saturday,win,which should give them a condidence boost ahead of their last remaining fixtures.I understand the reservation from some Newcastle fans,a few seasons ago Berwick went into the Young Shield meetings as the form team,a couple of challenge meetings against Redcar & Edinburgh if I remember correctly saw the team desimated by injuries.

Best to get the League and Cup Meetings out of the way first - if time allows then the Tyne/Tweed Trophy could be run at the very end of the Season.

Edited by The White Knight

I agree that the league IS and SHOULD take prioity but it is still a fixture that needs to be fourfilled and if it is such a meaningless fixture why should anybody turn up?

The fact of the matter IMO is they are or should be ALL meaningfull :o .

It's not 'meaningless', it's a good excuse to go up to Berwick and enjoy their pies and racing on their nice track,,, unlike, I'm sure there will be some 'meaningless' play off fixtures !!!

Anyway, looks R/R for Robbo now, ( will miss his efforts, if he ain't to be back), but looking at the averages,,, does it mean that both Tully and Ludo can take one ov his rides each, both being on 7.39 (well, from Sunday),,, or will they just spin for it, or see who's doing better ??? ,,, so,'boffins' out there, whats the rules on this and has it ever happened before ?

Club have to declare who is the higher of the two in the averages, unless they go down to the next decimal (for example if they were 7.392 and 7.391, as I don't know what the next decimals are, I'm using these as examples).

Edited by The Abbott

arr, I see, wishful thinking, worth a try,,, cos all rules are generally bendable, lol

so, can you change declaration, before/after meetings ?,,, poor old George, more head scratching there then ;-(

Edited by ruffdiamond

Can we take there`ll be no new rider for the Diamonds this saturday.

Maybe unless,,, the rules could be altered/bent for this meaningless fixture,,, still gonna cost me the thick end ov £50, but, it's a day oot, lol

It doesn't need to be fullfilled at all. If there is a blank date then run it, if not, bin it. What I meant by it being 'meaningless' is that it is, in context of the season as there are official fixtures need running. The Tyne/Tweed Trophy is an 'unofficial' fixture. Either run it at the start of the season, or, when a date is available, or at the end of the season.

I don't remember people losing much sleep over the Tyne/Tees Trophy being binned a few years back. Much the same here IMO.

Abbott,

I fully understand that with the league and agree it should be run at the start or end of the season, however all I asked was when it was going to be run, nothing sinnister in that.

As for your point with regards to the "Tyne Tees Trophy" you already know my view on that and that has not changed since it was "binned".

Abbott,

I fully understand that with the league and agree it should be run at the start or end of the season, however all I asked was when it was going to be run, nothing sinnister in that.

As for your point with regards to the "Tyne Tees Trophy" you already know my view on that and that has not changed since it was "binned".

Nothing sinister in my reply either. You asked "why not run it as a double header" and I replied accordingly.

I know you're views on the 'non-running' of the Tyne/Tees Trophy, other forum members would be unaware as to what those views were/are.

Forecast is decent for tomorrow so there shouldnt be any problems weatherwise.Saturday will be bright and breezy with no rain.

I'm afraid it does not look like it. Robbo's replacement was in place to join us, but unfortunately he broke his wrist on Monday night, and I would suggest that if a replacement for him had been found then that signing would now have been made public. The change in 1 to 7 had to be submitted on Wednesday for confirmation of it at the end of business today. It hasn't been announced, and there are no rumours, so I would think that it is RR for the rest of the campaign. That in itself is not too bad, unless we have another serious injury in which case one of our assets with the right average could come in, . but failure of that and it would be a 3 pointer NL guest I guess.

I'm afraid it does not look like it. Robbo's replacement was in place to join us, but unfortunately he broke his wrist on Monday night, and I would suggest that if a replacement for him had been found then that signing would now have been made public. The change in 1 to 7 had to be submitted on Wednesday for confirmation of it at the end of business today. It hasn't been announced, and there are no rumours, so I would think that it is RR for the rest of the campaign. That in itself is not too bad, unless we have another serious injury in which case one of our assets with the right average could come in, . but failure of that and it would be a 3 pointer NL guest I guess.

'Proper' guest for one and R/R for the other surely (IF God forbid, it were to happen).

Edited by The Abbott
  • Like 1

Yes its a bit off thread but Id like to congratulate GRT Media on their dvd production of the recent Under-21 meeting at Berwick.The coverage is excellent,the pre-meeting and during the meeting interviews are decent,the pronunciation of some of the Polish riders is a bit ropey but that doesnt take away from an excellent speedway dvd.

See the Wee Gers are at home tomorrow short time for track prep