British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Berwick Sunday 1st September Premier League

We host Berwick in the Premier League on Sunday 1st September. Matches between the two sides are always entertaining and I hope we will all enjoy a match with exciting racing/passing and no injuries. Who knows if Newcastle will have a new face for this one? Anton Rosen (replacing Christian Henry) is a "new" face but he could be joined by an even newer face.

It will be a crying shame if the diamonds miss out in the play offs because of Christian's and Robbo's injuries.

Anton Rosen: I like what I have seen at Workington and Brough of Anton. I think he will be asked back in 2014 depending upon his efforts for the last few matches this season.

Edited by dantodan

We host Berwick in the Premier League on Sunday 1st September. Matches between the two sides are always entertaining and I hope we will all enjoy a match with exciting racing/passing and no injuries. Who knows if Newcastle will have a new face for this one?

If we are bringing a new rider in to replace Robbo, it has to be all done and dusted before the end of today.

• Like 1

If we are bringing a new rider in to replace Robbo, it has to be all done and dusted before the end of today.

if we were to sign anyone i would like and love to see ryan fisher well im allowed to dream .

if we were to sign anyone i would like and love to see ryan fisher well im allowed to dream .

Not sure the fence repairers at Brough would agree with you

• Like 1

The Bandits Barmy Army are coming down for this, watch out!

OK I will lock up my daughters and get myself a rabies shot. So come on down to watch the bandits get beaten

Let's hope it's a good Meeting unlike the one sided International Meeting we saw. :t:

Preferably without any injuries. :unsure:

Anyone know how Stuart Robson is getting on? I hope he is doing well.

Let's hope it's a good Meeting unlike the one sided International Meeting we saw. :t:

Preferably without any injuries. :unsure:

Anyone know how Stuart Robson is getting on? I hope he is doing well.

In fairness, normally decent when Newcastle v Berwick but you cant see past home win.
  • Like 1

Rider replacement for Robbo. I am puzzled about it being at 5 in the team and also why we have used a reserve as rider replacement in heat 13 in both matches against the comets. Answers on a postcard please

Looking forward to the meeting tomorrow night, or should I say especially the second half meeting.

Liam Carr was the first rider from our Newcastle training school to get a league team place(with Berwick), got a max at our place in an NJL earlier this year, and has now got his first PL heat win under his belt at Edinburgh of all places. Great progress Liam.

Tomorrow sees the second rider from the training school take his first rides for the Gems. His name is Josh Embleton, aged 17 from Byker, and has been riding with us for just over 2 years, and making similar progress as Liam has shown. Not expecting too much from him in his first meeting, but I know he will try hard, and I am sure you all will see further progress as he gets used to more league rides. Wish him well.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

Looking forward to the meeting tomorrow night, or should I say especially the second half meeting.

Liam Carr was the first rider from our Newcastle training school to get a league team place(with Berwick), got a max at our place in an EDL earlier this year, and has now got his first PL heat win under his belt at Edinburgh of all places. Great progress Liam.

Tomorrow sees the second rider from the training school take his first rides for the Gems. His name is Josh Embleton, aged 17 from Byker, and has been riding with us for just over 2 years, and making similar progress as Liam has shown. Not expecting too much from him in his first meeting, but I know he will try hard, and I am sure you all will see further progress as he gets used to more league rides. Wish him well.

All the best Josh - GO for it!!! :t::) :)

Great work with the youngsters Tsunami. B)

• Like 1

Rider replacement for Robbo. I am puzzled about it being at 5 in the team and also why we have used a reserve as rider replacement in heat 13 in both matches against the comets. Answers on a postcard please

We used R/R for Robbo at No. 5 last week as the line-up was already declared with Robbo at No.5. and it was too late to re-shuffle the side as Robbo was injured on the Friday. We are using R/R at No.2 up at Berwick tonight.

Cant see anything other than an easy home win to be honest

Cant see anything other than an easy home win to be honest

Hopefully Berwick will make a decent fist of things,though giving Berwicks record away from home this season I fear you will be correct.