British Speedway Forum
speedy bill

Nl Riders Championship - Rye House 21st September.

I dont care which team it is but i like fair play i always have is there a valid reason why Stoke only have one rider in the final what is wrong with Kyle Hughes why is he not in as Stokes second rider how ever i look at it to me its wrong. Speedway moves in a strange sometimes unbliveable way,and it needs sorting anyway i cant be there tomorrow but wish Charles and Liam the very best of luck.

I'm sure Kyle has said that if selected, he would not ride because He felt he was not riding well enough. Sure I read it somewhere but maybe wrong. The sixteen best riders would give the best meeting but I believe we need to have riders and more importantly supporters from every side together and having a great day out shouting on their rider. On the best riders in meeting thoughts; if speedway ever get their act together and get teams packed with similar standard riders riding in the teams, i may return. At present teams are forced to field riders who are not up to it just to get within limits. Three good heats a meeting is not good value.

It's the normal *LRC format of the best 16 riders with a minimum of one per team. It's only the last proviso that allows Stoke to lower the tone.

A bit harsh !!!!!!!!

...but true.

Regardless of what you think of the promotion I'm not sure the riders deserve that !!!!!!!

Regardless of what you think of the promotion I'm not sure the riders deserve that !!!!!!!

I have no opinion on the promotion, just pointing out that Stoke don't have a top 16 rider so should think themselves lucky that the qualification rules give them a representative at all.

Irrespective of the last few qualifiers, the NLRC is always one of the highlights of my season.

I have no opinion on the promotion, just pointing out that Stoke don't have a top 16 rider so should think themselves lucky that the qualification rules give them a representative at all.

Irrespective of the last few qualifiers, the NLRC is always one of the highlights of my season.

Something has certainly happened to S Worral and Hughes over the last couple of seasons (probably money) but i'm sure you will agree that on their day they are as capable as any in the line up.

It is an incredibly strong line up what ever people say about who should be in it ? the racing could be awsome tonight with a considerable number of the riders in with a great chance of winning it ..i

• Like 1

I'm sure Kyle has said that if selected, he would not ride because He felt he was not riding well enough. Sure I read it somewhere but maybe wrong. The sixteen best riders would give the best meeting but I believe we need to have riders and more importantly supporters from every side together and having a great day out shouting on their rider. On the best riders in meeting thoughts; if speedway ever get their act together and get teams packed with similar standard riders riding in the teams, i may return. At present teams are forced to field riders who are not up to it just to get within limits. Three good heats a meeting is not good value.

Yes the law averages forces good class riders out of the sport. If a team goes above the average limit one has to go - no matter how good they are and somebody of far lesser gets their place. Speedway is the only sport I know of where this can happen.

Why are there various methods of deciding championships used?? No semis or final in the NLRC .... Count back used in the fours and pairs and run offs used for this... Same organisation with different rules.

Well done Boxall unlucky Lewis....

Oh and if starke let blackbird past him then that's a disgrace!!! Another unsporting moment in his season...

Why are there various methods of deciding championships used?? No semis or final in the NLRC .... Count back used in the fours and pairs and run offs used for this... Same organisation with different rules.

Well done Boxall unlucky Lewis....

Oh and if starke let blackbird past him then that's a disgrace!!! Another unsporting moment in his season...

He blatantly slowed down to let Blackbird through, the extra point robbed Lambert of a run off with Blackbird for third place.

Stark definately let blackbird through and it was blatent cheating this sort of action going unpunished just brings the sport into disrepute..The ref also made a diabolicle decision excluding Morley when Carr knocked him off for all to see except the apparently blind ref,, and failing to disqualify Stark and fine him was a disgrace ,,Steele is supposed to be a top ref but after this evenings performance i for one dont think so Blackbird would have had to run off for third place but for the cheating( not his fault though)

He blatantly slowed down to let Blackbird through, the extra point robbed Lambert of a run off with Blackbird for third place.

Actually denied Robert and also Steve Worrall that run off alongside Blackbird. Starke's move was indeed a disgrace and I can't understand why he wasn't excluded for his actions.

But let's not concentrate on that - a great meeting, showing the 20 heat format does not need daft semis and 'Grand Finals'!

A massive well done to Stevie for a btrilliant victory pleasing a huge turnout of Kent Kings fans and fair play to Lewis Kerr who was so sporing in defeat.

Similar things have happened in World Championships and other major international events and afterwards been heatedly debated. It's part and parcel of the sport. Just accept it happened - a lot of hot air on here will not see any change in the result. The NLRC is hardly on a par with the world championship is it? It's an instinctive thing for a rider to help a team mate even in individual racing. I don't think there is anything a meeting referee can do about such an action anyway. :neutral:

Edited by Guest

Pretty average meeting with very little passing after the second bend. Crowd smaller than I expected but they still ran out of fish at twenty to six, shocking!

Went primarily to support the Lynn lads and they didn't disappoint, well done to Boxall on his win which I predicted beforehand although Lewis pushed him hard.

Blackbird handed third by Starke letting him through, very disappointing to see in an individual event and we were robbed of a three man run off as a result. Poor show.

Tense rather than good racing but a good advert for the NL. I think the field this year is the strongest so far. As a Rye fan I was delighted by Boxalls win. Very well deserved. Not sure the Morley incident was quite as clear cut as Waco saw it. Ben was in front but cut fairly sharply across leaving the chasing rider little option but to wipe him out.

Only disappointing feature was the Dudley fans booing Nielsen . Not normally one to stick up for the Mog bogs I thought the kid handled himself well. I understand from a Dudley fan that there's history there but to the rest of us there it did nt paint the Dudley fans in the best light.

Blackbird and Kerr looked sharp and Lamberts time amongst others will come. What we need now is a rule where by the NL kids are given a helping hand into the PL.