British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Terry

Bad Crash For Emil

http://emilracing.co...&akt_tytul=Emil ......sounds like he'll be back for the final GP in Torun, but still no mention of what exactly his injuries are :(

Well if he says that that he hope to be back for Torun then I think that it is a fracture.

A normal fracture will take 5-6 weeks to heal which I think might be around the time for the Torun GP.

Looks like Emil has officially withdrawn from the Swedish GP. By my reckoning Hampel can get a max 153pts which means Tai has to score 20 over the last 2 to be world champ.

Tai has to score 20 over the last 2 to be world champ.

So if he only scores 19 more points he won't be champion? :)

Niamh

Not sure Philip, just never taken a shine to him.

Maybe i'm a bit old school, but his image just doesn't sit right with me. I'm no old fart, but all the tats and ear things wind me up, obviously not just with him but anyone. Smacks of attention seeking to me.

Good rider tho, no doubt about that.

its his image you dont like? Sorry but i judge a rider on ability not looks..dont let silly things wind you up rejoice in the fact that tai is going to be a BRITISH WORLD CHAMPION hopefully many many times. l dont have tatoo or metal dangling from me either but its the new image fashion that all the youngsters are going for these days imo hes a great for british speedway and does his bit to put it out there. what id love to see that its make a big deal of if he wins it cause if it was a swimmer or runner winning gold it would be celebrated by the press..tai could reach out to our younger population and help save our sport. Edited by glasgowmicktiger

Looks like Emil has officially withdrawn from the Swedish GP. By my reckoning Hampel can get a max 153pts which means Tai has to score 20 over the last 2 to be world champ.

Not quite,

Hampel left the last GP with a total of 112 points, if he scores two 21 point maximums in the next two GPs

he will have 154pts ,that will mean Tai will need 21pts over the next two GPs , or at least equal Jareks score in Sweden.

Basically, Tai has to score 20 but for every point HAmpel drops, it's 1 Tai can drop. Bu Nicki is only 2 behind Hampel, so once Hampel has dropped two more points than Nicki, it's Nicki that is the "threat". 6-7 point in each GP should do it, as Tai has been scoring 15ish a GP for the last few GPs he could well be World Champion in less than 10 days.

Basically, Tai has to score 20 but for every point HAmpel drops, it's 1 Tai can drop. Bu Nicki is only 2 behind Hampel, so once Hampel has dropped two more points than Nicki, it's Nicki that is the "threat". 6-7 point in each GP should do it, as Tai has been scoring 15ish a GP for the last few GPs he could well be World Champion in less than 10 days.

nicely put.

Emil has announced via his facebook page that his season is over-he wants to get 100% fit before riding again.

http://www.speedwayg...ovs-season-over

I am really glad that he has made this decision. I still believe he will be World Champion and can come back after a winter's rest to thrill us again. Have a peaceful, restful recuperation Emil.

• Like 1

I am really glad that he has made this decision. I still believe he will be World Champion and can come back after a winter's rest to thrill us again. Have a peaceful, restful recuperation Emil.

I have my doubts, with Holder and Ward missing a lot I feel this was his best chance. I'm not sure he will get much better, and his gating can be suspect. Its Woffy and Ward as the ones to beat for a few years now IMO..Could be wrong tho, time will tell.