What was the score??

I don't know mate my twitter went down

I don't know mate my twitter went down

Went down where? :shock::blink:

You need to watch that!! :o:blink:

Any re-staging date announced yet?

Friday 13th

Ta v much!

So when did they know the weather was going to be bad for the Friday, on Thursday, so why leave it till the Friday morning, when everyone knew on the Thursday what the forcast for the Friday was, I don't see the point in waiting till the Friday morning, because up until mid Friday afternoon it was sunny, and it was still cancelled in the morning, so being sunny on Friday morning made no difference to the decision to put the meeting off.

we were on A14 on our way to Plymouth when we found out by chance. fortunately we were staying over in Plymouth and as we are in Cornwall now so we will be able to pop over 'the border' on 13th !!

Edited by whippy

Makes you wonder how folk survived before the advent of the information superhighway!

cos they just did,,, but still moaned about it, obviously.

Friday 13th

George English spoke on the microphone at tonight's home meeting.

He was adamant that we will not be riding this coming Friday as Richie has committed to ride for Kings Lynn and he is not prepared to ride this match without Richie there.

(He also seemed to suggest that the meeting should not have been called off when it was - and that it possibly could have been run)

George English spoke on the microphone at tonight's home meeting.

He was adamant that we will not be riding this coming Friday as Richie has committed to ride for Kings Lynn and he is not prepared to ride this match without Richie there.

(He also seemed to suggest that the meeting should not have been called off when it was - and that it possibly could have been run)

It was raining in the Plymouth area during the early evening, and seemed a fair call to postpone the fixture IMO.

T'was raining hard in Saltash about teatime, Thought the end of the world was coming all day? Big black clouds, And I mean BIG, but didn't come to anything till later on. Raining till 8ish, quite hard, if I recollect correctly? Big disappointment it didn't happen, but, the SBA don't take kindly to being rained on! Not happening on the 13th either I believe? so not sure when?

I am surprised at any promoter even suggesting such a thing (if that was the case). He, of all people, should know that with very rare exceptions teams do not postpone matches without very good cause indeed.

The forecast wasn't good, so Plymouth called it off as early as possible to avoid the huge expense of a rain off and everybody travelling unnecessarily. Fair decision to my mind, and certainly not one that they should be criticised for.

One thing is certain when you call (or don't call) a match off : you can't win.

I am surprised at any promoter even suggesting such a thing (if that was the case). He, of all people, should know that with very rare exceptions teams do not postpone matches without very good cause indeed.

The forecast wasn't good, so Plymouth called it off as early as possible to avoid the huge expense of a rain off and everybody travelling unnecessarily. Fair decision to my mind, and certainly not one that they should be criticised for.

One thing is certain when you call (or don't call) a match off : you can't win.

Isn`t there "history " between Newcastle and Plymouth ? Bowden refused to go to Newcastle I seem to remember ?
  • Like 1

Isn`t there "history " between Newcastle and Plymouth ? Bowden refused to go to Newcastle I seem to remember ?

Sent a team of NL riders as they had no chance of winning iirc.

• Like 1

Worrall riding in EL, Tully committed to race at Edinburgh -- did Newcastle ever agree to ride on 13th, or was this just a Plymouth assumption that they would?

• Like 3