British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Stoke (nl) - Thursday 5th September 2013

If what I have read is true then Lewis Bridger should be banned from riding in Britain for the 2014 season, in the eyes of the law, he has effectively committed assault on a child, bit different to the situation of handbags between two adults such as Barker & Cook for example.

If that went to court, Bridger would be lucky not to do a couple of months.

Cant say I'm surprised, earlier this season he almost had a fight with Kenneth Bjerre on the track, when Bjerre guested for the Hammers at Brum. They were meant to be team mates for that night!!

And that was pretty idiotic as well as I seem to recall Bjerre was on a T/R and Bridger wasn't exactly waving him by.

Edited by david2905

Lewis bridger trouble has followed you everywhere now is the time to leave speedway you obviously have a retarded and thuggish mind which has no place in speedway...

One quick question for you 'pirateandi' and that is to inquire whether or not you advocated similar action being taken when Boycey chinned Tomasz Gollob live on TV? :unsure:

One quick question for you 'pirateandi' and that is to inquire whether or not you advocated similar action being taken when Boycey chinned Tomasz Gollob live on TV? :unsure:

Gollob wasn't a child.

• Like 1

Gollob wasn't a child.

So if you're classifying Robert Lambert, who looks a fine prospect to me having seen him in action several times, as a child, would you therefore be advocating that opposing riders should treat him differently on track to others - i.e. with kid gloves? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 3

what has that got to do with anything no relevance what so ever.. Bridger is a loose cannon something's obviously missing in his head thus makes a liability in speedway he needs to grow up as simple as that.

So if you're classifying Robert Lambert, who looks a fine prospect to me having seen him in action several times, as a child, would you therefore be advocating that opposing riders should treat him differently on track to others - i.e. with kid gloves? :rolleyes:

What I think is irrelevant, UK law classes anyone under 16 as a child, this over rules anything in speedway.

Bit of difference between an accidental crash/incident and an intentionally inflicted assault by an adult.

Edited by david2905
  • Like 1

what has that got to do with anything no relevance what so ever.. Bridger is a loose cannon something's obviously missing in his head thus makes a liability in speedway he needs to grow up as simple as that.

Surely both incidents are of a similar nature - that's the relevance! So I ask you again did you advocate similar action be taken against Boycey after he chinned Tomasz Gollob - yes or no?

I'm making no comment on what actually happened at King's Lynn as I wasn't there other than to say I'm sure everyone is, like myself, really pleased to learn Lewis's injuries have not proved to be serious as seemingly initially feared.

Whilst I have no time at all for Bridger this thread does just seem to be yet another that has been set up for the sole purpose of having a go at, and putting the verbal boot into, an individual.

Seems to be more and more threads of this nature springing up on this Forum these days.

Given the recent stories in the media regarding the the effects on some people that are being trolled on internet fora I really think the mods need to crack down hard on these threads.

You are kidding right?

Surely both incidents are of a similar nature - that's the relevance! So I ask you again did you advocate similar action be taken against Boycey after he chinned Tomasz Gollob - yes or no?

I'm making no comment on what actually happened at King's Lynn as I wasn't there other than to say I'm sure everyone is, like myself, really pleased to learn Lewis's injuries have not proved to be serious as seemingly initially feared.

How about the fact that Bridger wasn't riding in the meeting.

• Like 1

The 2 incidents are not similar. Boycey had been fenced by Gollob who had got himself a reputation that year of being a bit of a dirty rider. I saw Boyceys reaction as heat of the moment after picking himself up from being knocked off in horrendous weather conditions. From what i read, (no I wasnt there), Lambert did not appear to be the direct cause of the crash, and Bridger wasn't even riding. Totally different situations, but still not condoning Boyceys actions.

Hope Lewis is OK.

Whilst I have no time at all for Bridger this thread does just seem to be yet another that has been set up for the sole purpose of having a go at, and putting the verbal boot into, an individual.

Seems to be more and more threads of this nature springing up on this Forum these days.

Given the recent stories in the media regarding the the effects on some people that are being trolled on internet fora I really think the mods need to crack down hard on these threads.

Utter utter rubbish.

This is a story in the public domain, that Bridger is quite happy to be in the public domain as his endless tweets demonstrated last night.

Firstly all the best to Lewis Rose a rider who has progressed very well this season.

From my view (4th bend right in front of the incident) Lambert was charging hard after almost coming to grief at the start. Lap 3 Lambert was into 3rd place and came into 3rd bend hard underneath Rose which appeared to unsettle him, Rose subsequently went wide hit the dirt line which seemed to kill the bike dragging him towards fence and force him to get off the bike (Common occurance these days?). Lambert was straight round to check on his team mate (who he shared two previous 5 1s with and ride well together) and do not think he was the cause of stoppage.

Re Bridger prior to last night I had some sympathy for him with the press/ramblings he gets on here. His actions last night were totally uncalled for and have personally changed my opinion of him. Fair enough he was concerned for his friend but it wasn't even heat of the moment stuff with the delay whilst the unfortnate Rose was receiving treatment. Does Mr Bridger have short memory after almost having Watt off at Poole on Monday!

Re comparisons to Gollob/Boyce LAUGHABLE. #1 World Championship Speedway #2 Rode straight into Boyce #3 Previous actions from Mr G #4 Heat of the moment #5 HE WASN'T EVEN RIDING!!!

• Like 1

Sticking his head into the face of a 15 year old boy. What a brave individual he is. I would think his parents must be so proud of their little soldier.

I was at Hackney that night, and the incident that took place consisted of a confrontation between two world class riders, both participant adults. That is not even remotely the same as an adult NON PARTICIPANT trying to pick a fight with a 15 year old boy in his first season of league racing. I appreciate that you have a wealth of experience in the sport, and that that you always try to defend Hammers riders, but sometimes you just have to admit that wrongdoing has occured. Trying to defend the indefensible just makes you seem blinkered.

As a Hammers fan, I'm apalled at Lewis Bridger's latest antics. He brings the club into disrepute when he behaves like a thug. It's not the first time. Sadly, he just doesn't seem to learn.

• Like 2

thats one of the worst things to do, let the experts deal with it and let them decide.... They need to be allowed to get on with what they are doing without distraction.

you talk nonsense,partners & parents know riders medical backgrounds and are sometimes vital in assisting the great work the medics do on the track.

I am glad rose is ok after last nights crash.