British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Stoke (nl) - Thursday 5th September 2013

Tomorrow affords the 'Young Stars' fans their opportunity to see this exciting young team hopefully take another step in cementing the runners-up spot in the National League, by taking on and beating a very formidable looking Stoke outfit. Whilst the play-off place looks secure, Mildenhall are just a solitary point behind us, and it would be nice to finish above them in the table, if for no other reason than they are our local rivals. After tomorrow, we have just one home league fixture with Dudley to come, and as they've only been beaten once all season, this might possibly be a bit of a banana skin for us, therefore making victory against the 'Easy Rider Potters' absolutely imperative.

The 'Fen Tigers' also have to face Dudley at home, this Sunday in fact, plus have a difficult away fixture at Stoke to round off their season. So providing we can pick up maximum points from our remaining two matches, then we can't be caught.

Obviously with the 'Stars' racing against Lakeside tonight, it's asking a lot for people to dip into their pockets two nights running, but if you are finacially blessed enough to come along and give the team your support tomorrow, then please do so, because they are so close to bringing home some silverware for the club, especially as they have claimed in place in the KO Cup semi-finals too.

The teams for tomorrow evening are: -

King's Lynn: 1) Robert Lambert 2) Lewis Rose 3) Darren Mallett 4) Jake Knight 5) Lewis Kerr

6) Shane Waldron 7) Shane Hadelden

Stoke: 1) Daniel Halsey 2) Tom Young 3) Steven Worrall 4) Luke Priest 5) Kyle Hughes

6) Shaun Tedham 7) Lee Payne

Following the main-event, King's Lynn 'Lighning' take to track against Stoke 'Spitfires', in another must win contest. Tonight sees us take on Long Eaton straight after the Elite League match, which of course is the fixture that had to be postponed last week following the accident involving Peter Katrlsson.

At the moment we have fixtures in hand over everybody, five of which are over league leaders Belle Vue, who are just 8-points ahead of us. League winners followed by play-off champions chances are now completely in our own hands, and if we keep winning, then we can't be caught.

So as will be the case this evening, please do stay behind and support the lads in their quest to become Midland Development League champions.

The teams for tomorrow eveing are: -

King's Lynn: 1) Andy Mountain 2) Connor Mountain 3) Adam Portwood 4) Josh Bailey

Stoke: 1) Shaun Teham 2) Adam Sheppard 3) Lee Payne 4) Charles Wallace

Good luck young stars hoping Shane has a awesome meeting.

Sadly will miss this as already had an appointment arranged this evening prior to the fixture change to accommodate the duplicate Lakeside fixture. Never mind, hope it's a good meeting for all and see Young Stars fans at the next meeting!

Still hoping I can find a way round of getting to this meeting. With having something else arranged prior to the fixture change, it's not always possible to reschedule. It's certainly a lovely hot & sunny day here in Norfolk, and I hope that those in attendance see a great meeting.

Bridger confronted Robert Lambert at Kings Lynn tonight in the National League after Lambert was involved in a crash with Bridger's friend Lewis Rose, Bridger claims that this move was over the top and he confronted Lambert on the track straight after but then Lambert "shoulder barged" him and that's when Bridger moved his head towards Lambert to confront him but according to Lewis Bridger; He didn't attack Robert Lambert.

* Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section, Please move it or merge it if that's the case moderators.

* Edited my original post to provide a balanced debate

Edit: Twitter Update from Lewis Kerr: I hope Lewis Rose is ok, whatever happened not acceptable to headbutt a 15 year old. For the record we was not aloud near Lewis rose on track.

Just arrived back home, Shocked by Bridger's actions towards Lambert.

Trying to have a fight with a 15 year old called Robert Lambert... :mad:

Disgusting behavior, He should be banned for the rest of the EL season by the BSPA and Lakeside should sack him in my opinion.

Yes see it tonight,Bridger needs to grow up and fast.

What precisely was the Bridger action? Why was he there anyway?

Yes see it tonight,Bridger needs to grow up and fast.

I'm just worried that Lambert may decide to ride for Germany instead, I wouldn't be surprised if his parents kept him away from the UK all thanks to the actions of Lewis Bridger. :mad:

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

What started off as a nice evening turned into a nightmare. Lewis Rose suffered back injuries in a heat 10 crash. Lambert came underneath Rose to chase down Worrall (I think) who was leading which unsettled Rose (but wasn't touch by Lambert at all) and came off into the fence. Because the County Ambulance wasn't available the meeting had to be abandoned as the track Ambulance then had to take Lewis to hospital.

Hopefully it's nothing to serious for Rose and what a sad way for him to celebrate his Birthday.

The saddest part in all this though was Lewis Bridger's reaction. I had a lot of respect for Bridger but not now. He just lost it and wanted to take on Lambert, Kerr etc in full view of everybody at the track. I have no idea what that idiot was thinking.

What precisely was the Bridger action? Why was he there anyway?

He now lives with Lewis Rose

• Like 1

<removed - you do NOT run this forum - try to ruin often yes but not RUN it and it is not for you to tell people where and when to post. No doubt someone will return my dummy but people seem to think you are never pulled up for it so now they know >

Then why did you bring it up on here in the first place? Rather odd way of doing things. :icon_smile_clown:

I'm just worried that Lambert may decide to ride for Germany instead, I wouldn't be surprised if his parents kept him away from the UK all thanks to the actions of Lewis Bridger. :mad:

I lost all respect for him tonight. Absolutely horrendous behaviour. He actually squared Lambert up and went to headbutt him. The lads 15 FFS. I've stuck up for Bridger from day one as I've always believed one day he'll come good. He quite clearly showed his true colours tonight and in fact I go as far as he should get a ban. For the first time in a while I'm actually shocked.

Sorry Bridger but you're an utter loser.

• Like 3