British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

British Under 19 Final; Coventry 20/9

Have to agree with Greyhoundp,, Kingston, deserves the spot in the event, his recent form has been outstanding and his entertainment level is fantastic ,,Maybe the organisers dont want a real spoiler in the line up.. I like Adam Kirby but he has been going through a lean spell lately.. And kingston should be in..I have to admit i critisized Jack earlier this season suggesting he needed to calm down a bit,,But he hase,nt,,well not much anyway,, And im delighted to say he is proving me wrong..

• Like 1

Gutted Robert Lambert cant do the meeting.

Have to agree with Greyhoundp,, Kingston, deserves the spot in the event, his recent form has been outstanding and his entertainment level is fantastic ,,Maybe the organisers dont want a real spoiler in the line up.. I like Adam Kirby but he has been going through a lean spell lately.. And kingston should be in..I have to admit i critisized Jack earlier this season suggesting he needed to calm down a bit,,But he hase,nt,,well not much anyway,, And im delighted to say he is proving me wrong..

Waco, I first saw Jack guesting for Stoke last season, his bike was misfiring badly, and he looked steady, and picked up his points by just staying on, somewhere on the Kent posts early doors, i wrote decent signing and a steady rider :D :D I think i was very much wrong with that summary, well the steady part of it anyway.

Edited by greyhoundp

Adam Kirby may have qualified with a better average than Jack Kingston at the cut-off date for BU19 Championship qualification.

Pity Robert Lambert isn't in as he must have been a major favourite to lift the title.Interesting to see how the other German junior goes though :t:

Adam Kirby may have qualified with a better average than Jack Kingston at the cut-off date for BU19 Championship qualification.

I doubt that...

I know both lads of course, so difficult to comment but it's certainly a real shame that Jack's not in this meeting as he thoroughly deserves to be in there.

For the record for those of you who are questioning as to why Adam Kirby is in the u19's and Jack is only a reserve. When Adam was asked to be 1st reserve he was at the time scoring better than Jack. Then when it became clear that Brandon Freemantle wasn't going to be fit in time Adam got moved up into the meeting proper. Yes i admit Jack is riding better than Adam at the moment and if it was done on averages now then yes Jack should be ahead of Adam but we don't decide who is in or not so criticising Adam isn't going to make any difference. Nobody is more frustrated than Adam abt his poor performances of late and he is working hard to get back on track again. Saying that, i believe there is at least one rider in the meeting that Jack should be ahead of other than Adam but i'm not going to start slating other riders.

Two days to go and hopefully the weather will hold off, its a big meeting for these guys, and an experience that will hold them in good stead for there futures, for some riders its there year, for others its a little early in their career, Yes there appears to be an obvious favourite in Kyle Howarth, but their are a few spoilers in their, if Adam Ellis has his gating gloves on he can win this, and i think its his kind of Track, Stefan Nielsen has the beating of anyone when he gates, Ash Morris is inconsistent from the gate, but dont write him off, but for most of the others this will be experience for them.

This meeting has been allocated to Brandon, and they deserve it, Horton and Co have had a tough time in the EL, but i believe i am right in saying, their reappearance in the NL has been a success, from the size of the crowds, to finding some good young riders, I am sure it will be a good presentation by Mick, hopefully the weather will allow a bit of dirt to be put down, and with a good representation from local riders, I am pretty sure there will be a good crowd to support these young guys, probably a bigger crowd than will be at Rye for the NLRC the following night, everyone who is attending will be guaranteed some thrills & spills, there always is in this kind of meeting, the young guys will be trying hard, and in some cases wont have the experience "yet" to allow them to do what they will attempt to do, have a good meeting guys, and ALL stay safe.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

There'll be nobody there for the Under 21s, we're all going for the NLRC...

At least you knew where i meant Alan, Iv corrected it now. :wink:

SEVERAL of speedway’s top youngsters will be on show at Brandon on Friday as Coventry host the prestigious British Under-19 Final (7.30pm).

The meeting has become well-established over the last decade (initially at under-18 level) and the list of previous winners includes riders who have gone on to become regulars in the Elite League.

The highest-profile of those is Tai Woffinden, victorious in this event in 2007-08 and now on the verge of becoming World Champion this weekend.

Friday’s line-up includes several riders who have impressed at Brandon this season, and a fierce competition is expected – with 20 qualifying races, a semi-final and then the winner-takes-all Final.

Swindon and Workington man Kyle Howarth will start as favourite based on his top-flight experience, especially given his impressive paid-11 score when guesting for the Buildbase Bees against King’s Lynn recently.

The defending champion Stefan Nielsen is also very highly-rated, whilst Dudley skipper Ashley Morris and 17-year-old Adam Ellis are also expected to be in the shake-up for honours.

The meeting features a number of riders who have been successful in the British Youth set-up, and the current FIM 250cc Gold Trophy champion, 15-year-old Daniel Spiller who has done much of his racing so far in Germany.

Coventry Storm have two representatives, and current form suggests Oliver Greenwood should be a strong factor in the meeting, whilst it will also provide invaluable experience for 16-year-old James Shanes.

Storm boss Laurence Rogers said: “Olly should certainly be looking to make the top six. He knows the track well because of riding there regularly this season and what he’s doing in the Premier League will stand him in good stead.

“I’d like to think Olly could be in the mix with the pre-meeting favourites, whilst for James it’s a big chance for him to show what he can do. He does have a lot of potential.”

Admission prices on Friday are £12 for all adults with children free, for a full 22-heat programme of racing.

SEVERAL of speedway’s top youngsters will be on show at Brandon on Friday as Coventry host the prestigious British Under-19 Final (7.30pm).

The meeting has become well-established over the last decade (initially at under-18 level) and the list of previous winners includes riders who have gone on to become regulars in the Elite League.

The highest-profile of those is Tai Woffinden, victorious in this event in 2007-08 and now on the verge of becoming World Champion this weekend.

Friday’s line-up includes several riders who have impressed at Brandon this season, and a fierce competition is expected – with 20 qualifying races, a semi-final and then the winner-takes-all Final.

Swindon and Workington man Kyle Howarth will start as favourite based on his top-flight experience, especially given his impressive paid-11 score when guesting for the Buildbase Bees against King’s Lynn recently.

The defending champion Stefan Nielsen is also very highly-rated, whilst Dudley skipper Ashley Morris and 17-year-old Adam Ellis are also expected to be in the shake-up for honours.

The meeting features a number of riders who have been successful in the British Youth set-up, and the current FIM 250cc Gold Trophy champion, 15-year-old Daniel Spiller who has done much of his racing so far in Germany.

Coventry Storm have two representatives, and current form suggests Oliver Greenwood should be a strong factor in the meeting, whilst it will also provide invaluable experience for 16-year-old James Shanes.

Storm boss Laurence Rogers said: “Olly should certainly be looking to make the top six. He knows the track well because of riding there regularly this season and what he’s doing in the Premier League will stand him in good stead.

“I’d like to think Olly could be in the mix with the pre-meeting favourites, whilst for James it’s a big chance for him to show what he can do. He does have a lot of potential.”

Admission prices on Friday are £12 for all adults with children free, for a full 22-heat programme of racing.

Really looking forward to this -- I have followed the Elite league for many years (as work allowed) but recently I have enjoyed watching the youngsters more and it's good to see riders that have cut their teeth on grasstrack.

I sure hope that next season gives me reason to continue to follow elite league racing as well as the youngsters after a disappointing 2013.I also hope Scott Nicholls will be back too.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Still need a texter...anyone?