British Speedway Forum

According to today's East Anglian Times Ben Barker might ride again before the season ends. It says he has been released from hospital as the surgeons do not know if his back injury is an old or new one. Should it be an old injury and one he has been riding with, he may not be out for the rest of the season as previously thought

According to today's East Anglian Times Ben Barker might ride again before the season ends. It says he has been released from hospital as the surgeons do not know if his back injury is an old or new one. Should it be an old injury and one he has been riding with, he may not be out for the rest of the season as previously thought

Good News.

All the best Ben. :t:

• Like 1

Coming back this season would be great news for the Witches and Birmingham ! Lets just hope he's making the right choice if he does and doesn't compound any of his injury problems .

As much as I would love to see Ben back the most important issue his his health.

I would rather Ben not ride and we miss out on a trophy than see him come back too soon and cause himself long term damage.

• Like 2

If he does feel fit then testing himself this week is a good move.

If he comes through it then its all systems go for the play offs with a full team and happy days!

If not he and the Witches find out without ruining our play off hopes.

He's back! starting at Edinburgh tomorrow........ :t: Right in time to meet Craig Cook! :shock:

Really , where did you get that from ?

Cancel that question , just seen it on website .

Wow that's a first , the Witches site with current news !!!

Edited by Super Blue

If he does feel fit then testing himself this week is a good move.

If he comes through it then its all systems go for the play offs with a full team and happy days!

If not he and the Witches find out without ruining our play off hopes.

Plus the chance to fight it out once again with Edinburgh's big hitter Craig Cook.......

Plus the chance to fight it out once again with Edinburgh's big hitter Craig Cook.......

Ive put a pound on them skipping hand in hand through the pits singing bring me sunshine like Morecombe and Wise!

Barker has gone up a couple of notches in my estimation . Considering what kind of reception he'll probably receive at Armadale tonight , it would have been easier for him just to wait for Thursday's home meeting . So fair play to him in declaring himself fit for tonight . Hope he scores a maximum .

• Like 3

We hope he scores a max too. Let's be honest, do you really think differentl Ben cares about what reception he will get? Will be the same as when Craig next races at our place, they will be even more determined to race harder and score well.

We hope he scores a max too. Let's be honest, do you really think differentl Ben cares about what reception he will get? Will be the same as when Craig next races at our place, they will be even more determined to race harder and score well.

I suppose , still admire him for going there tonight though

As much as I dislike Barker, it would have been easy for him to wait until Thursday so fair play. Will probably add to the attendance at Armadale too.

However, you've got to question whether racing is the right thing to do... Especially with a back injury. My hope is that all riders come out of it unscathed this evening.

as for the meetings of Barker and Cook? Don't think anything will happen. Cook especially has moved on and learnt big style from what happened at Foxhall and whilst I'm sure they won't swap too many Christmas cards or pleasantries, I think he'll distance himself from anything that can be put his way.

• Like 2