Who would be in yours ?

1.Robert Lambert

2.Josh Bates

3.Lewis Kerr

4.Lewis Rose

5.Charles Wright

6.Joe Jacobs

7.Adam Ellis

Interesting line up Greg but I see three Kings Lynn riders and no one from Dudley despite last night's result. Could never be. Malcolm Vasey

These types of thread are always biased towards teams supported by the fan doing the post ,Its human nature..

Sorry guy mine be based on who i seen this year not been many as not been in good nick.

Sorry guy mine be based on who i seen this year not been many as not been in good nick.

Pity then that you have missed the undoubted talent of Kent Kings' star Steve Boxall. :rolleyes:

I'd have included Lambert, Rose, Bates, Wright and Ellis so I don't think you are biased at all. Blackbird and Starke would be in there too.

Pity then that you have missed the undoubted talent of Kent Kings' star Steve Boxall. :rolleyes:

He might be one of the best riders in the NL but so he should be with an 11.38 starting average. Blackbird started on 7.01, he's now on 10.57. That's why he's in and Boxall isn't.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

This NL super team is all going to be based on who you think is best ? But which track would they ride on ? Name a track & some riders would not appear & be replaced by others. Now i'm confused?

Or if we base it on starting averages:

1. Charles Wright 8.53

2. Lewis Rose 3.00

3. Joe Jacobs 7.97

4. Paul Starke 5.70

5. Lewis Blackbird 7.01

6. Adam Ellis 3.00

7. Robert Lambert 3.00

For improvement throughout the season (just the 7 best imo in on order)

1. Max Clegg

2. Lewis Rose

3. Paul Starke

4. Josh Bates

5. Liam Carr

6. Jack Kingston

7. Lewis Kerr

And simply the best 7 (again in no order)

1. Steve Boxall

2. Robert Lambert

3. Adam Ellis

4. Charles Wright

5. Lewis Blackbird

6. Joe Jacobs

7. Lewis Kerr

He might be one of the best riders in the NL but so he should be with an 11.38 starting average. Blackbird started on 7.01, he's now on 10.57. That's why he's in and Boxall isn't.

Blackbird's average is 2 years old though as he didn't do enough meetings to get a new one last year. So you could argue that his is smaller than it should have been as similarly Boxall's is higher than it should have been, as Steve took time out from the sport.

Edited by Islander15

''Interesting line up Greg but I see three Kings Lynn riders and no one from Dudley despite last night's result. Could never be. Malcolm Vasey''

Noticed you didn't pick any of them for Stoke ,Malcolm????????

For improvement throughout the season imo.

1. Max Clegg

2. luke Crang

3. Paul Starke

4. Josh Bates

5. Liam Carr

6. Lewis Rose

7. Lewis Kerr

Edited by mc131

Not sure I get that logic!

It wasn't Stevie's fault that he was given that crazily high (and God only knows how calculated - nowt in the Rule Book to justify it!) starting average..!

The 11.38 scuppering our team building plans and meaning we couldn't have Mason & Compton together until after the averages were reassessed denied Kent a place in the play-offs. :cry:

Or if we base it on starting averages:

1. Charles Wright 8.53

2. Lewis Rose 3.00

3. Joe Jacobs 7.97

4. Paul Starke 5.70

5. Lewis Blackbird 7.01

6. Adam Ellis 3.00

7. Robert Lambert 3.00

For improvement throughout the season (just the 7 best imo in on order)

1. Max Clegg

2. Lewis Rose

3. Paul Starke

4. Josh Bates

5. Liam Carr

6. Jack Kingston

7. Lewis Kerr

And simply the best 7 (again in no order)

1. Steve Boxall

2. Robert Lambert

3. Adam Ellis

4. Charles Wright

5. Lewis Blackbird

6. Joe Jacobs

7. Lewis Kerr

Blackbird's average is 2 years old though as he didn't do enough meetings to get a new one last year. So you could argue that his is smaller than it should have been as similarly Boxall's is higher than it should have been, as Steve took time out from the sport.

According to the Mildenhall website, Blackbird's average in 2012 was 7.76. According to the Dudley one, its now 10.49. By any standards, that's a huge leap forward.

Not sure I get that logic!

It wasn't Stevie's fault that he was given that crazily high (and God only knows how calculated - nowt in the Rule Book to justify it!) starting average..!

The 11.38 scuppering our team building plans and meaning we couldn't have Mason & Compton together until after the averages were reassessed denied Kent a place in the play-offs. :cry:

My point is that he was expected to be one of the top men in the division. To be fair, he's achieved that but in my view a team of the year is based upon those whose performances have been the most impressive.

For example, I thought Dudley got Starke on a bargain average but he's a different rider this season.

• Like 1

Paul Starke has been a revelation at Dudley this year. He has put the best part of 5 points on his avarage. It was an obvious move for Dudley to make at the start of the season after he ended up on 5.70 at IOW last year and blitzing Adam Roynon's track record by over half a second shows just how good he can be. He will be welcome back at the Wood again next year.

• Like 1

My Team maybe not the best Team, but its based on riders who have improved;

1. Paul Starke

2. Lewis Rose

3. Josh Bates

4. Max Clegg

5. Adam Ellis

6. Liam Carr

7. Jack Kingston

With honourable mentions to; Lewis Kerr, Lewis Blackbird, Charles Wright, and a few who have improved but next year will see them make bigger strides; Lee Payne, Matt Williamson, Luke Crang, James Shanes, and Nathan Greaves.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1