British Speedway Forum

That's a point I have also made, he could have reduced costs by going Premier lge and ensuring speedway at the Showground, giving him more time to find a buyer. It feels like the captain of the ship has jumped off first..

He might have wanted that (although I don't see Frost doing second best) but they said that you do EL under the new structure or you don't run because we're not allowing Peterborough to drop down? What would you do?

He might have wanted that (although I don't see Frost doing second best) but they said that you do EL under the new structure or you don't run because we're not allowing Peterborough to drop down? What would you do?

I was not aware of that. Seems odd that a new owner can run in the prem lge tho, don't you think. Sounds like they wanted rid of Frostie, or am I not reading this right...

I was not aware of that. Seems odd that a new owner can run in the prem lge tho, don't you think. Sounds like they wanted rid of Frostie, or am I not reading this right...

I'd imagine that a significant majority didn't lose any sleep by giving Frost the option of the shark pool or crocodile pit for his plank walk.

If Frost has money to toss away, (100k x 5 Years), then as one P'boro fan has suggested its just small chnage to the guy, would he not just walk away and pass the Club on to someone else, and do that without taking a fee. After its only more loose change he would have to worry about. Hows about a fans consortium taking it on ?

My thought too, re a consortium of fans!

You have an active imagination! :rolleyes: Nothing you have said there is based on fact!

• Like 1

Just hope somebody steps and we go premier can't see n.l racing taking off

Indeed, you can watch that in the Elite lge... :D

• Like 1

Indeed, you can watch that in the Elite lge... :D

:D

You only need 40 tea bags and a kettle (bring your own mug) for NL.

or a tea urn.

Just hope somebody steps and we go premier can't see n.l racing taking off

..or premier league..North as a heat leader?...maybe I'm being a bit negative there but I just cant believe our owners did us like that.....came in, did their five years, didn't win anything so threw us away like a toy that they've had enough of and obviously did'nt give a toss about the fans.

• Like 2

..or premier league..North as a heat leader?...maybe I'm being a bit negative there but I just cant believe our owners did us like that.....came in, did their five years, didn't win anything so threw us away like a toy that they've had enough of and obviously did'nt give a toss about the fans.

That's why it very rarely works when you have owners coming in with money that they can easily afford to lose (allegedly). When I bought my business in 1988 I had no cash to purchase it and it was financed with venture capital money. And as such I worked my socks off to ensure it made a profit and stayed in business. Personally I think this has been the problem here, sadly.

As I said before it is aad to see P'boro lwave the EL or potentially close for good. Nobody should gloat about it over what happened 2-3 years ago.

Everyone is nieve to think it can't happen to their club.

Where will Poole be without Ford?

Where will Kings Lynn be without Chapman?

Where will Coventry be without Horton?

..or premier league..North as a heat leader?.

All the decent PL heatleaders (especially those on competative averages ) will have been signed up elsewhere unless a buyer is found in the next couple of weeks!

That's why it very rarely works when you have owners coming in with money that they can easily afford to lose (allegedly). When I bought my business in 1988 I had no cash to purchase it and it was financed with venture capital money. And as such I worked my socks off to ensure it made a profit and stayed in business. Personally I think this has been the problem here, sadly.

So are you saying if something happened to Buster at Lynn or Matt at Poole, that would be it ? Both have built up a good business, and of course with Buster he owns the thing. I dont buy into what you are saying that both those Tracks just revolve around one person. Now if it was Eastbourne you had mentioned, then i could have understood it.

So are you saying if something happened to Buster at Lynn or Matt at Poole, that would be it ? Both have built up a good business, and of course with Buster he owns the thing. I dont buy into what you are saying that both those Tracks just revolve around one person. Now if it was Eastbourne you had mentioned, then i could have understood it.

Have you quoted the wrong post, Semion?

http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.710

interesting... strong support from uncle Len :t:

SILVER LOOKS FORWARD FROM AGM
Monday November 18, 2013
silver_len.jpg

Rye House promoter Len Silver has returned from the BSPA’s Annual General Meeting to review the main outcomes from a Silver Ski Rockets perspective for 2014.

The major news emanating from the Conference was the announcement of Peterborough’s withdrawal from the Elite League, with Leicester now elevated to the top flight to maintain a ten-strong division. Silver was saddened by the news of the Alwalton club’s demise, saying that “I am very sorry to see the Panthers leave the Elite League. They have been fine ambassadors and healthy participants at the top level, with a management of the highest integrity. ;)

“The sport cannot afford to lose circuits like the East of England Showground, and hopefully new owners will step forward and place them in the Premier League. If that proves to be the case, it would be very exciting for us at Hoddesdon and our near rivals at Ipswich as it would form a super Anglian Triangle with obvious local derby prospects.”