British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

.......Jacques...... He has Phil Morris on board now as his manager. I think that is a very good move.. :t:

It would be an even better move if Phil. would manage the other six Bees as well. I'm still hoping for the announcement. :wink:

• Like 9

As much as I like Bomber and his riding style, I don't think there is any question as to Tai being a far more accomplished rider than Chris. He can go round the outside, finds drive up the inside line and can gate well. Very exciting to watch. :t:

However, I am hoping with PJR engines and Wizzer looking after him in 2014 we can all witness a resurgent Chris Harris.

• Like 4

still dont see why people are moaning, we will get three riders at cardiff!

when you look at the GP 15, only 3 or 4 have any chance of winning, the rest are just there to make up the numbers, so harris is as valid as anyone.

it was mentioned earlier that smorlinski/harris will be fighting for the bottom spot,

no way on earth thats going to happen....

smorlinski will hit the top 8 no question in my mind,

• Like 1

Good luck to the guy but he's going to suffer a lot of exclusions if he keeps hitting the top 8 whilst racing.

• Like 2

still dont see why people are moaning, we will get three riders at cardiff!

when you look at the GP 15, only 3 or 4 have any chance of winning, the rest are just there to make up the numbers, so harris is as valid as anyone.

it was mentioned earlier that smorlinski/harris will be fighting for the bottom spot,

no way on earth thats going to happen....

Smolinski has no chance of the top 8 and was lucky to qualify.

• Like 1

You obviously rate him far higher than I do. He's no mug, but racing in the SGP is far harder than the Elite League.

No doubt, he will soon realise there are no easy races, like he enjoyed last year when racing at reserve for Birmingham.

He will do exceptionally well to finish his first season in the top 12..

I wish him well.

he will have the german war machine behind him, i suspect he will have the fastest bikes around

The GP final Cardiff 2007 was won by a little nifty nip up the inside of Hancock..Bomber is definitely not just a "blast around the outside rider" ..!!

I'm not sure why his inclusion in the GP series is dominating a Coventry Bees thread. It's been done to death here... :rolleyes:

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=73550&page=50&do=findComment&comment=2382977

He has Phil Morris on board now as his manager. I think that is a very good move.. :t:

Just a shame he cant bring him to brandon instead of our current manager.

• Like 1

It could be that Bomber knows something of a change yet to be announced.

Edited by A ORLOV

Smolinski has no chance of the top 8 and was lucky to qualify.

Just remember, everyone was saying the same thing about Tai this time last season ;-)

He was hardly lucky to qualify. He qualified as of right. Well earned IMHO.

• Like 1

Just remember, everyone was saying the same thing about Tai this time last season ;-)

He was hardly lucky to qualify. He qualified as of right. Well earned IMHO.

I can't believe you can mention Tai and Smolinski in the same breath. Maybe we didn't think Tai would be world champion but we all knew he was alot better than the old kerb crawler. As for the qualifier, Smolinski was lucky, i was there, Harris was very unlucky not to qualify that day.

I can't believe you can mention Tai and Smolinski in the same breath. Maybe we didn't think Tai would be world champion but we all knew he was alot better than the old kerb crawler. As for the qualifier, Smolinski was lucky, i was there, Harris was very unlucky not to qualify that day.

I suggest you take a read back at the GP thread this time last season and see how often Tai was slated as the weak link of a strong line up.

So yes, this is exactly the same situation regards there possibility of success.

That has nothing to do who is rated higher but please don't kid yourself that the thinking behind some making assumptions is any different.

Nobody gave Tai any credit other than being the British pick, the rest is history.

Harris may well have been `unlucky` on the day. The same argument can be said of Emil being `unlucky` to get injured when he was the only other serious challenger to Tai in the GP`s.

Hardly any have given Martin any credit for 1)qualifying all the way to the race off 2)having a superb season and improving his form and status in the World rankings 3)even to have missed out on 3rd place to Harris and being 1st reserve would have been a huge achievement in itself! and 4) qualifying of right on the day.

I, along with it seems many others, feel that Smolinski will struggle in the GP`s next season. Time will tell on that as nothing is certain.

However he has huge respect from me for qualify as of right in the first place.

It could be that Bomber knows something of a change yet to be announced.

I wondered that too!

PS..Where's your picture gone.. :nono: