British Speedway Forum
uk_martin

Thank God That's Over - Thoughts Of The 2013 Season

Been a cracking season. Poole in the final and a likely British World Champion. Doesn't get much better than this.

Happy Days!

For fans of 6 of the 10 EL teams, the 2013 campaign is over. The fans of the other 4 teams will soon be joining you, don't worry.

So what are the memories that will mark the 2013 campaign out in your minds?

Team GB being embarrassed by Latvia?

Darcy "Do No Wrong" Ward's defence by Middleditch?

Rainy days with fixtures and sunny days without?

Belle Vue v Poole Round 1? (David Gordon and the Plumber from Hell)

Belle Vue v Poole Round 2? (David Gordon and the Ten Heat Blunder)

Poole v Lakeside's call-off?

Brummies and Swindon's (and everyone else's - if you scratch beneath the surface and look for the facts) financial plight?

Kings Lynn's electrical shenanigans (again)

Kings Lynn's illegal team

...Add to the list at your leisure and pleasure

OR

Did the sun shine brightly in your back garden? Did all your roses come out to bloom brightly? Was this the best and most exciting season that you can remember?

OK I admit it, this is very much a "cup half empty" post, but never before have I wanted a season to end as quickly and to look beyond the sport and onto other things (and dammit, my team is still in the play-off's with a chance of winning the damned thing)

If the Brummies fold in the closed-season, I can quite happily walk away from British speedway, do a few flights over to Poland and Sweden for my 500cc fix and leave it at that. If the Brummies don't fold, well, let's see how I feel in March, because how I feel at the moment,...well, as I say, let's wait until March.

So how's it been for you?

Re your selected thread title:

Thank God That's Over - Thoughts Of The 2013 Season

Are you sure He is a speedway follower? :unsure: The thread could preferably have been called -

Thank Goodness That's Over - Thoughts Of The 2013 Season?

Well the highs of the season is obviously Tai Woffinden and hopefully Poole winning the league.

and more highs

Poole speedway management and promotion

Team GB - with the plucky Brits and their manager giving their best!

Poole being allowed to call off a meeting when it suits.

Poole allowing riders to ride Sunday and Tuesday but apparantly 'injured' when it came to the Monday

Poole speedway getting 4pts at belle Vue before common sense prevailed and the meeting called off.

The world being officilly blue and white, therby negating the need for tinted glasses

I would love Poole to win it so we can all have a good giggle at Gavan having a hissy fit.

Last thing and lets see if I can explain how it works to Gavan.

WHEN WARD LAYS ON THE TRACK AND GETS A HEAT STOPPED TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE (and basically get us a point to help us into the play offs!) ITS AN INSPIRED PIECE OF GAMESMANSHIP TO BE APPLAUDED BY THE WORLD IN GENERAL.

WHEN KILDEMAND DOES EXACTLY THE SAME THING ITS CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

Edited by Pirate Nick
  • Like 2

My thoughts for the season well I am pleased my team have reached the finals, but admittedly I feel this has been the worst season I can think of and ideas need to be seriously bucked up for 2014 including an independent board, but to be totally honest I don't feel there is any point in wishful thinking I mean this is Speedway the biggest joke of a sport.

Been a cracking season. Poole in the final and a likely British World Champion. Doesn't get much better than this.

Happy Days!

not a speedway fan then are you.

everybody agrees that the sport is on its knees and then you pop up spouting rubbish as per usual.

constant trolling

• Like 2

everybody agrees that the sport is on its knees and then you pop up spouting rubbish as per usual.

constant trolling

It may not have been a cracking season but that comment doesn't mean Steve isn't a speedway fan.

As far as i am concerned i am looking forward to seeing Tai lift the world crown and if anyone deserves it he does also looking forward to what should be a cracking play off final to end the season on a massive high.

• Like 1

As a Bees fan, the pros

Coventry Storm

Greg Zengota

Decent attendances (considering)

A promoter who actually promotes!

Cons

Finishing bottom

Gary Havelock

Roynons injuries (again)

Not improving the side when we were midtable although i think that was mainly due to the promotion being owed cash.

Brummies not buying Barker as ordered.

The league really needs to clamp down on clubs owing money to other clubs, its not a level playing field when this occurs.

• Like 1

constant trolling

Its been a fabuloius season and in two weeks time might even be better.

Up The Pirates!! :drink::cheers:

As Bees supporter how do you feel about the Promotion not arranging any TEAM fixtures since September 6th ? I know there has been other meetings but the starvation of TEAM meetings involving the top riders is very strange . Will there be a Season Finale match on October 26th or that the season ended team wise ? I ask the question on behalf of a Coventry fan without access to the forum ...

The NL pairs event, Brandonapolis and Leicester double header have been arranged. Dont see many other promotions putting on extra meetings at this point.

The NL pairs event, Brandonapolis and Leicester double header have been arranged. Dont see many other promotions putting on extra meetings at this point.

The play-off semis and final and a mid-October Blue Riband is plenty good enough for most Poole fans!! :t:

.....woz01.....The NL pairs event, Brandonapolis and Leicester double header have been arranged. Dont see many other promotions putting on extra meetings at this point.

Lakeside for one, whose season ended in August I believe without a final 'goodbye' meeting and it's all sort of fizzled out. Have their season ticket holders had value for money? :unsure: At least Coventry are trying to put on a few extra meetings. Personally I wouldn't have been that bothered about seeing any more of the E.L. team but being as the match is against Leicester I've changed my mind. :lol:

• Like 1

The play-off semis and final and a mid-October Blue Riband is plenty good enough for most Poole fans!! :t:

Being in the play offs always makes me happy!

Its been a fabuloius season and in two weeks time might even be better.

Up The Pirates!! :drink::cheers:

quite right you should want to see Poole win the league.

doesnt matter a jot to you does it the sport is in a bad way as long as Poole win. good attitude

My thoughts are GPs very enjoyable. The EL absolute garbage from start to finish ,I have attended league meetings this year at various tracks & yes i most certainly am a die hard fan but it pains me to say it dire dire dire. All very well complimenting promotions on the play offs (2 & a half hours !!!) But why has all the rest felt as if it was just going thru the motions. Stadiums still look rubbish ,very spectators ,races that take forever & for all that we are asked to pay whati regard as a lot of money. Has the sport ever been in such a state ? No.

I would not for one moment doubt that Mr. Shovlar is actually a Speedway fan.

However, what I would doubt is his sportsmanship, fair-mindedness and integrity - and that goes for ANY other Poole supporter that would consider winning the Elite League Title in 2013 as being nothing other than a very hollow, cheap award; achieved basically by cheating.

Fortunately, there are some Poole Supporters contributing on this forum that don't have such a blinkered, idiotic view of proceedings over the past few months. Full credit to you for having the ability to speak your own minds; instead of being swayed by 'The Shovlarosi'.

As a Speedway Supporter who, let me make this clear yet again, has NO dislike of any Poole riders OR the majority of their supporters, a Poole victory for the 2013 title has about as much depth as a grain of sand.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1