British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

for a long time now the worlds best riders havent been in the elite league.

you are lucky down at Poole you got 2 of them

where have the Crumps Gollobs Pedersens Hancock Hampel Sayfutdinov Jonsson Lindback been for the last few years. Only a matter of time before Ward and Holder even Tai and NKI decide not to ride here.

The league is dying dont know why Poole fans expect things to be different

But if we can't as has been suggested fit riders like Hans,Troy,PK,Watt,Zagar, Harris, then it will be riders like Janowski, Buckowski or Skornicki as the top riders. i wouldn't be happy to pay 17 quid to watch that.

But if we can't as has been suggested fit riders like Hans,Troy,PK,Watt,Zagar, Harris, then it will be riders like Janowski, Buckowski or Skornicki as the top riders. i wouldn't be happy to pay 17 quid to watch that.

been spoilt for to long.

Us at Ipswich had a super team in 1998 but now we are in the premier league. I still go and the racing is good. Im sure true fans would go wether winning or losing or whatever the team was.

I see your point though

been spoilt for to long.

Us at Ipswich had a super team in 1998 but now we are in the premier league. I still go and the racing is good. Im sure true fans would go wether winning or losing or whatever the team was.

I see your point though

Well i hope it doesn't happen because seeing Ward and Holder week in week out is fantastic.

I would pay 17 quid to watch BUZZ and PK at the showground any day. Pure entertainment...
  • Like 1

I would pay 17 quid to watch BUZZ and PK at the showground any day. Pure entertainment...

I agree Buckowski is very entertaining, he may be your best rider at the showground, perhaps a bad example, as for PK he was one of the riders that maybe we wouldn't be able to fit in.

Edited by foreverblue

I wouldn't be happy either. That's why the admission cost needs to reduce at the same time as we lose the top riders to make savings. Alternatively, as others have suggested, perhaps the new team-building rules will concentrate only on those riders who are based in UK for the whole season - thereby saving all air fares etc

• Like 2

Not entirely accurate!! Matt has a third party to sell advertising space in the programme and in the stadium. Matt and his co-promoters gets the actual sponsors in!

There is abit more to it than that.

so you would be excited to see a team without riders like Hans, troy or kildermand.

Of course I would - we were PL for a number of years and I quite enjoyed it thanks :rolleyes:

• Like 2

for a long time now the worlds best riders havent been in the elite league.

you are lucky down at Poole you got 2 of them

where have the Crumps Gollobs Pedersens Hancock Hampel Sayfutdinov Jonsson Lindback been for the last few years. Only a matter of time before Ward and Holder even Tai and NKI decide not to ride here.

The league is dying dont know why Poole fans expect things to be different

I don't think most Poole fans do Gavan. We experienced a drop in attendance when we dropped into the then National League, but crowd attendances were soon back to normal once people realised the racing itself was just as good to watch and I'm sure that would be the case if the big boys don't ride next year.

• Like 1

If the admission prices remain the same but the quality of riders drops then I'm giving up with speedway.

Looks like you already have. Why aren't you at Alwalton with lover boy Kennykins? Have you been grounded?

PK yes, but i`m sorry i wouldn't pay £17 to watch Buzz at Monmore.

Exactly. Let's not forget that the omly reason he was here in the first place was because he lost his job in Poland when his Polish club dropped him in order to save money once they were out of the play-offs.

For some bizarre reason some think that he has suddenly changed his mind and actually wants to EL this and next season. Some are even including him in their proposed 1-7`s for next year. Bizarre! Not a chance he will be back unless Europe leagues shut down.

PK yes, but i`m sorry i wouldn't pay £17 to watch Buzz at Monmore.

Neither would i brum, but you would at the Showground surely. He did spank the World Champion there twice recently on his way to another max.. ;)

Neither would i brum, but you would at the Showground surely. He did spank the World Champion there twice recently on his way to another max.. ;)

Probably yes, i certainly wouldnt go out my way to pay to watch him. Good at the Showground he may be.

If the admission prices remain the same but the quality of riders drops then I'm giving up with speedway.

Every cloud as a silver lining ...

• Like 4