British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

I am still unsure that both Darcy and Chris will be in the Pirates 2014 side

that could massively hurt Poole. its not that difficult to manage a side with 2 of the best 6 riders in the world in it. But take one away and im not sure Middlo has the skills to do it.

• Like 1

well said. the guy has an ego on a massive scale. bit like Batchelor in that respect. Both not as good as they think they are.

Poole should build around the turbo twins thats obvious. You may as well go with Janowski. Josh will step into the top 5 and Howarth at reserve.

Just need to get the other 2 right and Poole will be thereabouts again.

As proven this season having Ward and Holder doesnt guarantee you winning matches if the back up is poor. Look at the start of the season.

Your obsession with all things Poole is not healthy, unless you are a secret Pirate waiting to come out... :D
  • Like 1

Your obsession with all things Poole is not healthy, unless you are a secret Pirate waiting to come out... :D

not quite! its not an obsession just genuine comments on Poole side for next season and no bashing lol.

ive also posted on Eastbourne, Swindon, Lakeside, Newcastle, Redcar and obviously Ipswich threads in the last few days.

as well as Grand Prix ones, wild cards, horse racing and Holly and Fearne lol

Thing is people choose not to look at other teams threads. Im a speedway fan so like to discuss and debate.

I await the chosens ones reply lol

well said. the guy has an ego on a massive scale. bit like Batchelor in that respect. Both not as good as they think they are.

Poole should build around the turbo twins thats obvious. You may as well go with Janowski. Josh will step into the top 5 and Howarth at reserve.

Just need to get the other 2 right and Poole will be thereabouts again.

As proven this season having Ward and Holder doesnt guarantee you winning matches if the back up is poor. Look at the start of the season.

Yes but its the end of the season that counts!!! Having previously said that I doubted whether any of this year's top 3 would be in the 2014 team, I reckon that now Tai has become World Champion that may persuade the BSPA to change what they had previously been moving towards and maybe allow 1 GP rider (or 8+ point rider) per team - assuming of course that clubs can afford them or that the GP riders need British Speedway enough to take massive pay cuts!!

Edited by Skidder1

I dont know that much so i dont know how realistic this is but how about:

1. Chris Holder 9.23

2. Josh Grajczonek 4.48

3. Greg Hancock 8.77

4. Rohan Tungate 4.59

5. Darcy Ward 9.07

6. Ashley Birks 3.06

7. Sam Masters 3.30

Probably really unrealistic but there you go.

Have the riders that Poole have already signed Josh, Kyle going to double up or ride full time in the Elite ? Do Poole know the new points limit ?

Have the riders that Poole have already signed Josh, Kyle going to double up or ride full time in the Elite ? Do Poole know the new points limit ?

Once we've finished building our team we'll tell the rest of the league what the points limit is :)

• Like 6

Yes but its the end of the season that counts!!! Having previously said that I doubted whether any of this year's top 3 would be in the 2014 team, I reckon that now Tai has become World Champion that may persuade the BSPA to change what they had previously been moving towards and maybe allow 1 GP rider (or 8+ point rider) per team - assuming of course that clubs can afford them or that the GP riders need British Speedway enough to take massive pay cuts!!

absolutely correct and thats why Matt Ford is good for Poole as he made the right changes

Josh has said he needs one more year in PL. I would imagine Kyle would be riding in PL too.

I know for a fact that after Matt's done celebrating tonight, He will be up 1st thing in the morning looking at a potential 2014 team.

Dedication and commitment.

I know for a fact that after Matt's done celebrating tonight, He will be up 1st thing in the morning looking at a potential 2014 team.

You surprise me being so excited about Poole. I thought that you were a Peterborough supporter? :icon_smile_clown:

When did Matt Ford tell you of his plans for Wednesday morning? That's a real scoop of information.

Edited by Guest

Well done to Poole , they didn't sit back and ask for sympathy when their main men got injured ,they got off their a*se and did something about it.While the Belle Vue debacle did not help the sport ,they just took advantage of the situation.

Well he'll have a great opportunity - looking at the Blue Riband riders this evening!! :wink:

Once we've finished building our team we'll tell the rest of the league what the points limit is :)

Its nice to see a Poole fan with a sense of humour.

Wolfie

Well done to Poole , they didn't sit back and ask for sympathy when their main men got injured ,they got off their a*se and did something about it.While the Belle Vue debacle did not help the sport ,they just took advantage of the situation.

No mention of the Poole / Lakeside debacle ? :D :D

• Like 1

Its nice to see a Poole fan with a sense of humour.

Wolfie

No mention of the Poole / Lakeside debacle ? :D :D

Add that in then.Thats Speedway these days it's only 4 guys doing 4 laps seems too be the general feeling with the die hards

Every cloud as a silver lining ...

Philip your'e slipping..............you forgot the capital letters on the first word!!

And you dropped an "h"!!

• Like 1