British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Morris at Poole in 2014.

Why break the habit of a lifetime?! He was down at Poole most weeks this season!! :party:

Incidentally, good piece in the local echo today with Matt stating "We have to work together"! www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport

Also, in the article Matt says Poole didn't lose money this season (despite losing 2 of his main sponsors at the beginning of 2013!)

Edited by Skidder1

Can't see Morris being anywhere than Swindon, why loan your assets when you can use them yourself. He won't be at Poole we have enough assets to choose from, part of cost cutting has to be using your own riders and not paying loan fees.

• Like 1

Why break the habit of a lifetime?! He was down at Poole most weeks this season!! :party:

Incidentally, good piece in the local echo today with Matt stating "We have to work together"! www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport

Also, in the article Matt says Poole didn't lose money this season (despite losing 2 of his main sponsors at the beginning of 2013!)

As i said a long time ago mate. Nick is an improving rider, and i would be very happy to have him in my team..

Quite right, ALL the promoters need to work together, but there will always be some, mainly the less well off clubs who are going to differ in opinion.

Yes we did lose two main sponsors your right, but that doesn't mean to say we can do without them, they would be welcomed back with open arms, and hopefully they will in the near future, come back!!

No, i doubt the club did lose, thats because the club is very well run, from top to bottom... and nothing will change, anytime soon...

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Interesting to see Chris Holders view points on the Elite League and returning next season on www.speedwaygp.com

“Obviously I want to do Britain – I live here and it’s easy to do it. But it all weighs on the rules and what happens this weekend.

“I don’t want to leave Poole. But I have got to be realistic too. I can’t take anymore meetings on for less money than what we already earn here. We earn way less here than what we do abroad. If we take anymore of a pay cut, we might as well ride in the Premier League.”

Be interesting to see what happens as a few promoters want regular meetings and EL wages reduced.

Personally think the survival of British Speedway comes before the demands of Chris Holder or any other big ego`d rider...

• Like 4

I guess Chris is just putting forward his conditions, IF 3 new teams join the EL, Darcy and him won't be able to race for Poole. At the end of the day if the clubs can't afford his demands he will have to do the alternative . . Same goes with any other rider, until the sport in this country takes a turn for the better, they have to take what is on offer or race elsewhere?? It's pointless promoters promising riders the earth and then not being able to deliver, which seems to be what happens now at some clubs. We all wish things were different but everyone needs to work to turn the sport around in this country, particularly the promoters and riders, if they give a toss!

Personally think the survival of British Speedway comes before the demands of Chris Holder or any other big ego`d rider...

Completely agree. Plenty of other riders out there.

• Like 1

Completely agree. Plenty of other riders out there.

BUT how many that the casual attendee would cross the road to watch? Precious few riders in the EL who actually do put bums on seats and Holder is unquestionably one of them.

• Like 3

BUT how many that the casual attendee would cross the road to watch? Precious few riders in the EL who actually do put bums on seats and Holder is unquestionably one of them.

Whilst that may be true, there are not enough 'crossing the road', and the survival of domestic speedway is a lot more important than supplementing Mr Holders bank balance..

• Like 2

If Holder wants to quit the country that gave him the chance to become the rider he is, and a world championship, then go.

The sport is bigger than 1 rider, another will come along.

The sport in this country is in a fix, people will watch 7 riders giving their all, rather than 1 pampered prima-Donna who wants every other team to accede to his demands.

Edited by pantostar
  • Like 2

The sport in this country is in a fix, people will watch 7 riders giving their all, rather than 1 pampered prima-Donna who wants every other team to accede to his demands.

Do you have any evidence of this, as crowd sizes when Holder, Ward and Woffinden are in town says otherwise?

Do you have any evidence of this, as crowd sizes when Holder, Ward and Woffinden are in town says otherwise?

True that

costs

Ah but does any increase in attendance cover the extra costs of these riders.

When Poole visited I spoke to a few people I had not seen before. Many had come to see the World Champion that they had seen in the GPs on the box, others had come to see Greg and Darcy. Any of these three attract fans.

Edited by A ORLOV

No I haven't, and you are quite correct, people would come when "the champ" is in town.

They did for Nicki P, and before him Hancock, Loram, and co.

But that was then, the sport in this country is in a much worse state now than then.

Does it get held to ransome by 1 or 2 "stars" at the expense of the rest?