British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Why do think there is a lack of cash about ? because is a lack of fans about ..because every year they bring in cuts that bring in even less fans ....yet again next years plan is the same .

Yet the sport still survives, without cuts and this is 2013 what is your solution? i can't wait to here what it is maybe they're is a fairy godmother.!!
  • Like 1

They tried a wage restriction before, and as Jimmy Nilsson once said,he gets paid his official money, then the brown envelope appears.How do we know it won't be the same again?

For the record, it's Jimmy Nilsen!

Yet the sport still survives, without cuts and this is 2013 what is your solution? i can't wait to here what it is maybe they're is a fairy godmother.!!

It's easy. Promoters need to stop resting on their laurels, stop cutting corners and do some proper work to ensure they are delivering the finest quality product they can. Diluting the sport and making it less appealing year on year is not the solution.

No fairy godmother required, just a united team of market savvy promoters who aren't bone idol and resistant to change.

Say what you like about Matt Ford, but if every promoter was like him we'd have a much better product on display here in Britain.

• Like 3

Have you noticed they're is a shortage of cash around? your pie in the sky dream that a lost generation of fans will suddenly appear through the gates.Balance the books is a must surely? or do you suggest clubs just carry on spending money they have not got.You are right the sport has to be promoted better and changes made but at the moment i would be concentrating on keeping the loyal band of supporters who are going contented.Because a few i know are dwindling away picking and choosing they're meetings now and who is to say some might give up altogether in the future.

Depends where you are, there is no shortage in Poole. Building is booming across the south. London and the major city's are all very busy to. It would seem to me speedway is not popular in many areas and whatever you do it still won't. Speedway is not attractive to major sponsors and I am afraid never will be. Each club should build to what there pocket can afford. As in all types of sports some clubs will be a lot better off than others. Why keep watering the product down to suit the emptiest pocket year after year. Try and make the product sexey so people want to attend. Not an easy task but every year people say the same thing and nothing changes.
  • Like 2

For the record, it's Jimmy Nilsen!

Oh yes, very bad of me.

It's easy. Promoters need to stop resting on their laurels, stop cutting corners and do some proper work to ensure they are delivering the finest quality product they can. Diluting the sport and making it less appealing year on year is not the solution.

No fairy godmother required, just a united team of market savvy promoters who aren't bone idol and resistant to change.

Say what you like about Matt Ford, but if every promoter was like him we'd have a much better product on display here in Britain.

That's true! We'd have had a level playing field for years.

Depends where you are, there is no shortage in Poole. Building is booming across the south. London and the major city's are all very busy to. It would seem to me speedway is not popular in many areas and whatever you do it still won't. Speedway is not attractive to major sponsors and I am afraid never will be. Each club should build to what there pocket can afford. As in all types of sports some clubs will be a lot better off than others. Why keep watering the product down to suit the emptiest pocket year after year. Try and make the product sexey so people want to attend. Not an easy task but every year people say the same thing and nothing changes.

One correct statement in there. Domestic speedway is in terminal decline, and nothing can stop it...

One correct statement in there. Domestic speedway is in terminal decline, and nothing can stop it...

Wrong. Speedway is experiencing dramatic decline but it can be stopped. Promoters are out of date and completely out of touch with modern day marketing. It is nobodies fault but their own for not embracing change and moving with the times.

The problem in Speedway is that the old people moan about any new changes implemented.

I suggested to Peterborough speedway to put some different music on but all the OAP's started moaning as they didn't like it.

Wrong. Speedway is experiencing dramatic decline but it can be stopped. Promoters are out of date and completely out of touch with modern day marketing. It is nobodies fault but their own for not embracing change and moving with the times.

The digital age is the only winner, kids have little interest in anything else. Speedway viewing figures on Sky have declined, you cant accuse them of poor marketing.

The digital age is the only winner, kids have little interest in anything else. Speedway viewing figures on Sky have declined, you cant accuse them of poor marketing.

A common sense post at last. The point that all the self-appointed armchair marketing experts miss is that lots of other sports and traditional entertainments are in the same situation, especially stadium based entertainments. If speedway can maintain the status quo it will have done well. I don't think its decline is terminal, but there is no reason to believe it will ever be any bigger than it now is. I don't know how people think that replacing the Dave Clark Five with the The Chemical Brothers is going to make any difference.

Funny, I used to hear that said about cycling in the UK. I well remember all those know it alls saying nobody would ever want to watch road racing on TV and "the kids are only interested in motor sports these days" or "a brit will never win the Tour de France".

Strange how things have a habit of changing.

No Premier League Number 1 is on £55... Cook,Doyle and Barker are on £100+ each per point.

Not for their PL clubs they aren't.

Why would need a fairy Godmother ? look at Cricket finding it hard to get crowds but them someone come up with 20-20 ...you don't always need money just good idea's ...Already we are looking at the next year with the mind set of yet cutting points limits and losing more World class riders and in turn losing more fans to the sport as we have been for about 15 years rather than anything that will bring more fans into the sport and also bring more money .

I have an idea.

Let's have a HOT LAP!

4 riders on the track, After every lap.. The rider in last is eliminated.

This means more excitement, Riders are more likely to go for moves in every lap.. = More entertainment for fans.