British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Poole V Swindon 30 September 2013 Second Leg

Any view as Tungate is out as to how weak this makes Poole ?

If Josh G rides as he did last week it's bad news for Poole. If he rides as he has done most of the season then it'll make little difference. It does mean Poole reserve are far more important now. Fingers crossed R/R scores 5 or 6 and Poole have nothing to complain about. Edited by SCB

If Josh G rides as he did last week it's bad news for Poole. If he rides as he has done most of the season then it'll make little difference. It does mean Poole reserve are far more important now. Fingers crossed R/R scores 5 or 6 and Poole have nothing to complain about.

We will have nothing to complain about if we moan.

So what can you tell me about the number 8 rule, apparently we are allowed Kyle Newman as a number 8 tonight because we are operating r/r and he can take any of the r/r rides if needed. Doubt very much if he will be needed but you never know.

Yes I can feel a lucky night coming on! Tungate injury we can cope with especially if dyer and josh ride like they can

Ah, so there we have it. If Poole win it will be luck. We'll bear that in mind if and when The Three Stooges start crowing about a win or bleating about a defeat.

So what can you tell me about the number 8 rule, apparently we are allowed Kyle Newman as a number 8 tonight because we are operating r/r and he can take any of the r/r rides if needed. Doubt very much if he will be needed but you never know.

Thats it basically. He can take any of the r/r rides, so could have none or all 4. Would be amazed if he is needed tbh.

Any view as Tungate is out as to how weak this makes Poole ?

It doesn't, it strengthens them.

Ah, so there we have it. If Poole win it will be luck. We'll bear that in mind if and when The Three Stooges start crowing about a win or bleating about a defeat.

Any team needs luck to win at any sport.

Any team but Poole

No lets just have a good meeting the best team winning and nobody hurt.

I just really hope its Swindon

Thats it basically. He can take any of the r/r rides, so could have none or all 4. Would be amazed if he is needed tbh.

I hope he doesn't, because we will be in trouble if he is needed.

It doesn't, it strengthens them.

Your trolling holds no bounds. Clearly anyone with speedway knowledge will know it weakens us as a 7 man team is always better then a 6 man team. Tungate has ridden well enough this season top be a meeting winner on several occassions and can pop out and beat virtually anyone. It's the same as Swindon losing Morris. Suddenly Kennett and the reserves can have his rides. All nonesense.

Been raining here all morning here in Wareham. Not been forecast so hope the track is covered or we could have wet conditions tonight.

Lets hope for a nice hard battle, some great racing and all riders stay safe. My heart says we can do it but my head says no chance for us tonight, and I think what my head is saying is correct.

Matt says in todays paper it's probably the last time we will see Darcy in Pirate colours due to Sky pulling out and a likely much lower points limit on the cards. Hopefully the place will be packed.

• Like 2

I hope it drys up for tonight as i feel a wet track will suit Swindon better than us as it always favours the away team when track conditions are not normal.

I think the result depends on which THJ turns up, the one who is capable of a maximum or the one we saw at Swindon.

• Like 1

I hope it drys up for tonight as i feel a wet track will suit Swindon better than us as it always favours the away team when track conditions are not normal.

I think the result depends on which THJ turns up, the one who is capable of a maximum or the one we saw at Swindon.

Agreed, I think THJ is crucial tonight. If he puts in a performance that most know he is capable of then it will give Poole every chance. If not then I can't see Poole getting close

How is THJ's fitness going into the meeting?

I suppose Poole fans have just got to hope he remembers his passport!