British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Poole V Swindon 30 September 2013 Second Leg

It's entirely relevant when you're saying how well they've done but seem to agree that they got their under very dubious circumstances. Officials are not entitled to compromise rider safety (let alone serve up a dogs dinner of a meeting to meet Sky's timetable). Is it any wonder that they allegedly only want to show the play-offs now? As for the independent SCB, why did they change the decision?

As you should well know - its always up to the home club to initiate that a meeting is called off - whether it has already started or not?! - and as long as its done correctly and within the promoters' rules, then there is nothing 'dubious' about it!!! :t::wink:

• Like 1

I can only echo what, most if not all, Swindon fans have said and that is the best team won. A fantastic performance from the 3 Poole heat leaders who completely dominated our front 3 and were superbly backed up by Tomas and Josh.

I couldn't believe what I was watching and knew the writing was on the wall long before heat 14. Only PK and Nick rode to their potential and I would love to see them as the first 2 names for next year. Hans has half an excuse but if he wasn't match fit then we should have had someone else. Troy continues to frustrate and EK after a very promising start needs to have a long look at where he is going.

Well done Poole. Good luck for the final.

Depends on what is decided league wise in the future? i would hope PK,Doyley,Morris, would be the spine of the team what about say Bellago or Rosen? on a lowish average.? also.

Depends on what is decided league wise in the future? i would hope PK,Doyley,Morris, would be the spine of the team what about say Bellago or Rosen? on a lowish average.? also.

Agree with Peter, Jason and Nick but another rider, Ryan Douglas who rides for Scunthorpe, a mate of Nicks has improved this season and might be worth a look at next year if on a low average, and d/u are to be used again.

As you should well know - its always up to the home club to initiate that a meeting is called off - whether it has already started or not?! - and as long as its done correctly and within the promoters' rules, then there is nothing 'dubious' about it!!! :t::wink:

Did we have a meeting steward or meeting co-ordinator on hand? If so who were they? So you're saying that the home club were quite happy to serve up that dross to their paying customers for 2/3rds of a meeting and were under no pressure to continue until Poole got the required 4 points before quickly agreeing calling an end to it.

Heat 1 - Comments: Aces on 1&3. Zetterstrom excluded under 2 minutes. Bjerre comes in to replace him. From the gate and very, very messy

Heat 4 - Zetterstrom again shows his contempt for the paying public and just poodles round at the back.(but not as much contempt as those who allowed 10 heats of self preservation to be completed).

Edited by Crump99

Congratulations to Poole on their deserved victory against the Robins, there's no question they were the better team on the night.

As I mentioned on the thread from last weeks meeting at Blunsdon I felt that a 10 point lead left the door slightly ajar for Poole and Swindon's lead was not unassailable and so it proved with the Pirate's top 3 scoring 30+ between them as I knew they would along with significant contributions from Jonasson and Grajczonek who were always going to go a lot better round Wimborne Rd than they had done at the Abbey.

As for the Robins, like a previous poster said, two wins from your 3 heat leaders just isn't enough. Even when we pulled it back to a 5 point deficit after heat 11 I always felt the Pirates where going to do it; we just didn't have enough riders going well on the night and the much maligned poor old Ed Kennett was left with the task of trying to save the day for Swindon in Heat 14 and with his record it was never going to happen.

One further comment; I was disappointed with some of the comments from a group of Poole fans stood near me on the home straight who shouted foul and abusive language at some of the Swindon riders. Totally unnecessary and If you want to do that go and watch football with the yobs who supposedly support our national game.

• Like 3

Agree with Peter, Jason and Nick but another rider, Ryan Douglas who rides for Scunthorpe, a mate of Nicks has improved this season and might be worth a look at next year if on a low average, and d/u are to be used again.

Good shout ORLOV', Douglas and Fricke look to have good futures ahead of them.

One further comment; I was disappointed with some of the comments from a group of Poole fans stood near me on the home straight who shouted foul and abusive language at some of the Swindon riders. Totally unnecessary and If you want to do that go and watch football with the yobs who supposedly support our national game.

Was saying the same to Ronnie Russell after Swindon fans were being abusive to Josh Grajczonek after his fall, feel it is totally uncalled for.

• Like 2

Was saying the same to Ronnie Russell after Swindon fans were being abusive to Josh Grajczonek after his fall, feel it is totally uncalled for.

I have to agree. I did not hear the Poole abuse but it saddened me that a section of the Robins fans were abusive to Josh after his fall. As far as I was concerned it was one all in terms of fallen riders staying down (the cry of STAY DOWN!) was offered by the majority of Swindon fans when Peter fell, so what's the difference, it's a natural partisan stance.

• Like 2

I have to agree. I did not hear the Poole abuse but it saddened me that a section of the Robins fans were abusive to Josh after his fall. As far as I was concerned it was one all in terms of fallen riders staying down (the cry of STAY DOWN!) was offered by the majority of Swindon fans when Peter fell, so what's the difference, it's a natural partisan stance.

Well said Chalkie. I don't ever get wound up when an oppostion rider stays down. To me its all part of the game. Sometime it goes for you and sometimes it goes against you. I would be more annoyed if our rider got up and allowed a 5-1.

Poole fans can't say a word because they wouldn't have made the play off's if Ward had got up against Wolves. To be fair though its only one Poole fan who is complaining about it and as per usual he goes quiet when questioned about something he knows he is wrong about.

• Like 2

Did it come out with a helmet on?

The Initial Product did or am I getting my sentence jumbled up?!! :rofl:

I enjoyed the meeting greatly from home as unable to make it. Feel sorry for the Robins fans that their season has come to an end, if it was for the home loss around the time of the wages lack of payment news you would/could of got top spot & chosen to face Wolves instead of Birmingham getting the choice.

I still struggle to see why the Robins owners chose to ride at home first as it normally seems easier to reign in a lead than to defend it most of the time.

Looking forward to getting down to the Stadium next week for only the 2nd time this year due to work commitments.

Yup! And I think Panthers would have walked all over Swindon but for Bjerre's broken leg and would have walked all over Swindon this year but for the disgrace that was September 9th. At least we'll not have to hear you banging on about the champions and retaining their title, it's all gone a bit pear shaped.

Bjerre rides like hes got a broken leg,so what difference would he have made?

As I stated previously if you have put in Bjerre as guest for Andersen - Swindon would now be in the Play Off Final ... ;)

What you mean like the way he rode in his last two play-offs?? What was it now?? 3 points each match?

Dont make me laugh the guys a buffoon.

Bjerre rides like hes got a broken leg,so what difference would he have made?

What you mean like the way he rode in his last two play-offs?? What was it now?? 3 points each match?

You really should seek help for that complex you have.

1. Kenneth Bjerre 3, 3, 6^, 3, 0 = 15 - Swindon 1/8/13

1. Kenneth Bjerre - 2', 3, 3, 3, 3 = 14+1 - Poole 14/8/13

Not a fan myself, he can be inconsistent, hasn't got a personality and play-off record is in need of improvement but injured buffon he isn't.

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/12660/poole-peterborough-el-2013-30pm#ixzz2gfA5DVkY

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/12589/swindon-peterborough-el-13-30pm#ixzz2gf9LYkfu

• Like 1

You really should seek help for that complex you have.

1. Kenneth Bjerre 3, 3, 6^, 3, 0 = 15 - Swindon 1/8/13

1. Kenneth Bjerre - 2', 3, 3, 3, 3 = 14+1 - Poole 14/8/13

Not a fan myself, he can be inconsistent, hasn't got a personality and play-off record is in need of improvement but injured buffon he isn't.

Read more: http://speedwayupdat...m#ixzz2gfA5DVkY

Read more: http://speedwayupdat...m#ixzz2gf9LYkfu

Yet some still try to defend him. Decent League rider , dreadful play off history. End of.