British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Poole V Swindon 30 September 2013 Second Leg

The called off meeting was agreed to by both clubs. As neither club is willing to explain why this happened it is unfair to assume Poole were in the wrong or were cheating in the matter.

Lakeside`s own statement might just disagree with that.

I think Poole are making Swindon look better than they are, despite their midseason changes adding a bit more bite down the order, they are still woeful against half decent opposition outside the heatleaders, and Hancock not firing is largely the reason Swindon have one foot in the final.

If as looks very likely, it turns out to be a Birmingham V Swindon final, I think a few will be surprised when neither side really pull away, both have strength down the order and are pretty evenly matched.

From what I've seen this year, apart from Batchelor, we've got among and beat all other Swindon riders.

Edited by david2905

Poole haven't been the only team this year to be caught out by over complicated rules surrounding riders and rider replacement. Even Poole wouldn't intentionally use an illegal rider as it is inevitable that their points will be deducted, and quite rightly so.

The called off meeting was agreed to by both clubs. As neither club is willing to explain why this happened it is unfair to assume Poole were in the wrong or were cheating in the matter.

Once again, and for about the millioneth time please show us a link to an official statement from either side that says in terms that the call-off was agreed by both clubs.

The facts are that Lakeside issued a statement saying that the decision was Poole's alone and Poole have never denied that to be the case. I think that we all realise that as far as the Poole Brainwashed Brigade are concerned the truth has a very tortuous journey between the eye and the brain so that by the time it enters the thought process mechanism it has been turned into evidence of Saint Matt's integrity but the reality, once again, is that even Svengali Ford himself has not said, in terms that Lakeside agreed.

• Like 1

Aah I see the one who enjoys his 'enforced forum holiday breaks' is back and straight on a Poole thread!! Why is that not a surprise?! Lets see how long it lasts this time......?

I'll give it a week. he just can't not stop posting his angry vitriol. I can imagine him now with a red face and fingers going ten to the dozen as he types his tripe.

And what makes me laugh is that Poole made the playoffs, are one of the 4 top teams and still he persists in saying we have failed miserably. LOL!

I think Poole are making Swindon look better than they are, despite their midseason changes adding a bit more bite down the order, they are still woeful against half decent opposition outside the heatleaders, and Hancock not firing is largely the reason Swindon have one foot in the final.

If as looks very likely, it turns out to be a Birmingham V Swindon final, I think a few will be surprised when neither side really pull away, both have strength down the order and are pretty evenly matched.

From what I've seen this year, apart from Batchelor, we've got among and beat all other Swindon riders.

Swindon will win both legs easily.

Once again, and for about the millioneth time please show us a link to an official statement from either side that says in terms that the call-off was agreed by both clubs.

Calm down, no need to cry about it...

At the time of the postponement there was an update on the Poole Pirates website stating that this was a mutually agreed postponement.

Calm down, no need to cry about it...

At the time of the postponement there was an update on the Poole Pirates website stating that this was a mutually agreed postponement.

Must be true then. :lol:

I have always had respect for Cook but it was disappointing that he failed to condemn the cancelled meeting particularly following the ruling from the BSPA that Poole should revert to their original 1-7.

The bottom line is that the published regulations do not allow a meeting to be cancelled simply because it does not suit the promoters team building plans or, committed expenditure. Poole were aware of the risks they were taking when committing themselves to the apparent 20k cost of signing TJH and Pawlicki. How many times does it have to be explained so that some Poole die hards can grasp why so many are disgusted by the lack of action from the SCB.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

The main reason Poole struggle is because they have a woeful long wagging tail. Simple as.

All except the well run club bit :wink:

I bet you can't. Just typical bluffing waffle.

No fear of that happening. Middlo is tactically unaware.

Ah the man wirth the little black book speaks. Clueless,.

Edited by Starman2006

The main reason Poole struggle is because they have a woeful long wagging tail. Simple as.

You are correct but Holder would have definately got more than 9 on monday, Greg said he has struggled with set ups on tracks he hasn't ridden for years, in my view the Swindon lead would have been no more than 6 with Chris riding.

Makes me laugh how people think Poole haven't been hit by injuries!

Ward and holder both out for huge periods of time.... No matter what you say holder would score more than Hancock!!!

They shuffled the side to include THJ and pp and both of them suffered injuries not long after their debuts

At least Poole do something about their injuries , yet wolves fans insist they've been decimated by injuries even though it's really only been proctor. Tais missed a few meets but not many.

Wolves should of gone out and got a replacement ASAP when it was discovered proctor had done his back in instead they went for the cheap lazy option of rr then signing and out of form rider. They should of scouted Europe for a youngster, even Eastbourne done it with Mikkelson!!

• Like 2

Any chance that we might be able to keep this thread on topic??!! Poole will do very well to keep the 2nd leg 'interesting'. Swindon are much stronger throughout and should be able to keep it closer than 10 points - if not actually win it!

In any case, the script is already written for a Brummies v Robins final, cos they both are in desperate need of the money!!! :wink:

• Like 1

Any chance that we might be able to keep this thread on topic??!! Poole will do very well to keep the 2nd leg 'interesting'. Swindon are much stronger throughout and should be able to keep it closer than 10 points - if not actually win it!

In any case, the script is already written for a Brummies v Robins final, cos they both are in desperate need of the money!!! :wink:

I have said and still think the brummies will be play off champions especially with Harris back to form.

• Like 1

Going to be a huge task for Poole.

They looked average last night. Used 2 TR and still lost by 10.

Swindon pushed them near last time and that was with PK missing

And the Poole team is hugely different to the previous meeting !

A lot of Poole fans seem to be negative about our chances but I'm hopeful and think the guys can pull this off , 4-2 or 5-1 in the first heat to get things off to a good start to get everyone upbeat and I see it happening ! Though I respect swindons strength it'll definitely be great viewing.

I bet you can't. Just typical bluffing waffle.

It was a joke (hence the emoticon) - lighten up the season's nearly over for one of us :wink:

Makes me laugh how people think Poole haven't been hit by injuries!

Ward and holder both out for huge periods of time.... No matter what you say holder would score more than Hancock!!!

They shuffled the side to include THJ and pp and both of them suffered injuries not long after their debuts

At least Poole do something about their injuries , yet wolves fans insist they've been decimated by injuries even though it's really only been proctor. Tais missed a few meets but not many.

Wolves should of gone out and got a replacement ASAP when it was discovered proctor had done his back in instead they went for the cheap lazy option of rr then signing and out of form rider. They should of scouted Europe for a youngster, even Eastbourne done it with Mikkelson!!

you cant say for sure what would have happened. the loss of Holder hasnt cost Poole any points since Greg rode.

in fact you could always argue Gregs team riding has helped get points in races where Holder may have just cleared off.

also in the heat 10 fiasco at belle vue who is to say Holder would have adapted as well as Greg did. it could be argued that the way Hancock rode that night got you into the play offs.

correct that Holder is the better rider but it hasnt been that damaging to the points total.

The injury to Ward allowed Poole to strengthen dont understand how Poole fans cant see this. The team WITH Holder and Ward was struggling to win matches that is fact.

Ward injured in came THJ and Pawlicki. The 2 riders who can ride Sundays and Tuesdays but not Mondays!! And they didnt really have that long out with their injuries. In fact it enabled you to pick horses for courses at Eastbourne and Belle Vue thus getting important away points that you may not have got with them 2 riding.

Wolves lost Freddie earlier in the season

A season ending injury to , at the time , the best second string in the league in Proctor

Tai riding at 80% since Cardiff and injured again

A high scoring reserve, especially at home, in Thorssell

How can you not say Wolves havent been decimated??????

And as for Kings Lynn there list is even worse !!!

Darcys injury helped you strengthen

Holders injury hasnt hit you that hard mainly in terms of pits morale. Hancocks performance at Belle Vue got you into the play offs.

I agree that Wolves should have replaced Proctor but not every club has the win at all costs mentality of the fraudster or use chequebook speedway