British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Poole V Swindon 30 September 2013 Second Leg

Its not sour grapes!

Ford called off the Lakeside match and Cook stated it was Poole`s decision alone.

That is all we need to know about who made the decision. But it was anything but Mutual consent!

Steve Brum, this is a Poole vs Swindon thread so why are you discussing the Lakeside postponement? Your obsession with Matt Ford and Poole is pathetic you and EI-Addio cant leave it alone. I suggest you concentrate on your own clubs dwindling play-off hopes

• Like 4

In my view Swindon would've won by 30 points if we had Leigh Adams, Barry Briggs & Jimmy Nilsen at reserve.

Oh wait a minute how can I be sure of that.

That's it I can't just the same way you can't be sure what Chris would've scored.

He didn't ride so can't see the point of saying it really :lol:

Poole can still win this easy & Swindon will have to be at their very best to stop it happening.

Cant see the point of bringing ex riders in to it who havent ridden for years, some have said we havent suffered with injuries, just pointing out we have and it is likely chris would have scored more than greg, holder got 15 on his last visit.

Edited by foreverblue

Cant see the point of bringing ex riders in to it who havent ridden for years, some have said we havent suffered with injuries, just pointing out we have and it is likely chris would have scored more than greg, holder got 15 on his last visit.

I notice you changed from saying Greg hadn't ridden Swindon for years - must have remembered when he rode last month :wink:

• Like 1

If Matt Ford is the big bad wolf then why don't the other promoters get some balls and do something about it?

That's a very good question and one that I don't fully understand because its obvious he has pissed off most of his competitors over the years

I can only imagine the deals he does with riders and bricks ensures he gets his way but as EI Addio says the SCB mentioned they were discussing the Lakeside postponement on the 10th July and nothing has been said since.

As fas as the SCB goes it certainly appears Ford says jump and the SCB say how high.

• Like 4

Yes but Ward only got 2 in the same meeting .....You cannot say he would of ot this or that....You dont know. Who would of thought Holder would not of won all his rides in the home leg of the final last year ....

Edited by malcolm_31

Yes but Ward only got 2 in the same meeting .....You cannot say he would of ot this or that....You dont know. Who would of thought Holder would not of won all his rides in the home leg of the final last year ....

Well i hope Hans will only get 2 points at Poole monday but it isn't likely is it. Holder isn't unbeatable, even at Poole, he did get paid 13, i don't think that's too bad!!

Edited by foreverblue

Well i hope Hans will only get 2 points at Poole monday but it isn't likely is it. Holder isn't unbeatable, even at Poole, he did get paid 13, i don't think that's too bad!!

Still totally irrelevant as Chris is injured so what points he might or not have got is just a guess & not proven.

Just don't understand why you keep bringing it up.

• Like 1

Steve Brum, this is a Poole vs Swindon thread so why are you discussing the Lakeside postponement? Your obsession with Matt Ford and Poole is pathetic you and EI-Addio cant leave it alone. I suggest you concentrate on your own clubs dwindling play-off hopes

All this moaning about Lakeside missing out because of this and that is just a pointless argument. They had it in their own hands for long enough and got hammered at Poole and Swindon at the end of the season. They didn't deserve to be in the play off's and would have got mullered against us last week if they had been. They couldn't beat us when we had nothing to ride for so it would have been an even bigger beating this time around. Lakeside fans should be relieved not moaning about something that happened months ago.

Great quote.

Indeed, but not necessarily sustainable, as proven by Swindown and Birmingham this year.

It would be fascinating to see the real Balance Sheet at Poole (or any British club for that matter), because you wonder how much financial smoke & mirrors takes place in the pursuit of personal glory.

Edited by Had Enough
  • Like 1

Still totally irrelevant as Chris is injured so what points he might or not have got is just a guess & not proven.

Just don't understand why you keep bringing it up.

How can it be irrelevant, as i said some were saying injuries haven't hurt us and i am just pointing out they have. If Lewis Kerr gets zero on monday and you lose by 12, it will be said by some that Ashley Birks injury cost you a place in the final. I sincerely hope Ashley fully recovers from his awful injuries.

Maybe you can also let the others discussing it know as well as it had plenty coverage on page 6. :rolleyes:

Your and some of your fellow blue tints are likewise obsessive calling out posters all the time for daring suggest what many think.

Don`t worry i will be concentrating on seeing if we can pull of the impossible on Monday ................................. whilst at the same time watch the Robins prove why the Pirates are lightweights in the play offs. Sounds like a good night to me.

How can it be irrelevant, as i said some were saying injuries haven't hurt us and i am just pointing out they have. If Lewis Kerr gets zero on monday and you lose by 12, it will be said by some that Ashley Birks injury cost you a place in the final. I sincerely hope Ashley fully recovers from his awful injuries.

Whoever wins on aggregate come Monday then the better team will have won regardless who could have ridden for either team. Both teams will have had 30 heats so luck, injuries, missing riders and TR's will not come in to it. Simple really.

Whoever wins on aggregate come Monday then the better team will have won regardless who could have ridden for either team. Both teams will have had 30 heats so luck, injuries, missing riders and TR's will not come in to it. Simple really.

So come tuesday morning you won't be expecting any posts on luck, engine failures, refereeing decisions or we had tr's and you didn't, over 30 heats you may think luck evens itself out but it doesn't always. So maybe no so simple.

That's not what the Poole fans were saying in the final last year - apparently Swindon only won because of Poole's bad luck with injuries :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Maybe you can also let the others discussing it know as well as it had plenty coverage on page 6. :rolleyes:

Your and some of your fellow blue tints are likewise obsessive calling out posters all the time for daring suggest what many think.

Don`t worry i will be concentrating on seeing if we can pull of the impossible on Monday ................................. whilst at the same time watch the Robins prove why the Pirates are lightweights in the play offs. Sounds like a good night to me.

Another waste of space post and talking of Blue tints what about your Black and Gold blinkered Wolverhampton stance. The fact of the matter is Woverhampton are just as much light-weights and you know it but your bitchy Poole posts are sad,sad,sad.

• Like 5