British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Plymouth , Pl Sun 29th Sept At 3 P.m.

Every year there seems to be a fixture that the rain gods don't want us to stage , and this year it was this one . But thankfully Sunday's forecast is speedway friendly and we should get this run at the 3rd time of asking . Theo Pijper once again dons his Tigers racejacket for this one , and Plymouth have drafted in the new Premier League Riders Champion , Olly Allen , as a guest for their Danish serial meeting dodger .

Sundays teams in full -

Glasgow

1 Theo Pijper

2 Henning Bager

3 Anders Thomsen

4 James Grieves

5 Dakota North

6 Joe Jacobs

7 Joey Ringwood

Plymouth

1 Olly Allen

2 Todd Kurtz

3 Rasmus Jensen

4 Michael Palm Toft

5 Mark Lemon

6 Simon Nielsen

7 Jake Anderson

Of course Sunday brings the final chapter in the career of one of Glasgow Tigers finest ever riders . James Grieves rides his last official meeting to bring an end to a 22 year career in the saddle . We wish James every success in whatever he chooses to do next .

Had it on good authority that Jensen isn't riding. Had it been the case that he and bech were, I'd have come to this match.

To be perfectly honest, Bech has taken the piss out of uk speedway this season

He seems to be missing more than he is present!

• Like 1

Had it on good authority that Jensen isn't riding. Had it been the case that he and bech were, I'd have come to this match.

You're just scared of me :P

• Like 1

I see Plymouth have slipped Connor Coles in replacing Jensen. They haven't played the game with their signings this year.

• Like 1

Good to see James finish with a paid max and also a good result for Glasgow

Congratulations Glasgow and glad James left the sport on a high. Plymouth were a disgrace by the sound of it. I feel for the supporters who paid their hard earned money to watch it. No doubt their "management" will make excuses that it is end of season and they couldn't get a stronger team together etc but the paying public deserve so much better.

To suggest anything else supposes that either the promotion are stupid or the rider is dishonest. I hardly think that either of these is likely, do you?

Well from reading people's opinions on this subject on various different sites, it seems that is exactly what people are saying. He rode enough meetings to be made an asset and get an average for next year. It was always likely from the day he signed that this was likely to be the case!! Is it any wonder fans from other clubs are saying he has taken the mick out of British speedway this year?

Well from reading people's opinions on this subject on various different sites, it seems that is exactly what people are saying. He rode enough meetings to be made an asset and get an average for next year. It was always likely from the day he signed that this was likely to be the case!! Is it any wonder fans from other clubs are saying he has taken the mick out of British speedway this year?

So which of the two options do you prefer?

while as a fan I am not too happy at how he has treated the Premier League in general I am not quite sure what your gripe is Former Devil. He rode just enough meetings to become an asset hence giving your club a nice cash injection either in loan fees or transfer fees. British speedway may have been made a bit of a fool of (and opposition fans) but your promotion have done a damn good bit of business for your club. you arent the first club to benefit from it and I doubt if you will be the last unless the rules are changed but even then I doubt if that sort of thing can be stopped. If I was a Plymouth fan Id be congratulating my promotion for getting an asset and potential future earnings for the club.

Its only British speedway thats made a fool of itself, not the rider. He has given a PL club a financial boost

My gripe is exactly your point, as a fan of British speedway i dont agree with the way things have been done. Im well aware that this has happened before and is more than likely to happen again. I fear for the future of the sport and have done for many years and things like this dont help. Im a speedway fan not a Plymouth fan, hence the name Former Devil.

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest, Bech has taken the piss out of uk speedway this season

He seems to be missing more than he is present!

tbf, if you sign a highly talentd young rider mid-season he's going to already have a lot of bookings so will miss lots of meetings

Especially when you race on a Friday night.

My gripe is exactly your point, as a fan of British speedway i dont agree with the way things have been done. Im well aware that this has happened before and is more than likely to happen again. I fear for the future of the sport and have done for many years and things like this dont help. Im a speedway fan not a Plymouth fan, hence the name Former Devil.

Sorry I misinterpreted your first post! Have to say though that Matthew Wethers was a breath of fresh air for Plymouth today and Im glad he was there as otherwise racing would have been even more processional. For his age and experience I thought Connor Coles did well today too. He was on a hiding to nothing and was never expected to score points but was never off Tofts pace