British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

Ben Wilson at Stoke in the NL , still think he was good value at just over a 5 for the PL but I am told he is not allowed to double up.

Be interesting to see how he goes, if he does okay I don't see him staying at that level for very long.,

So there's a mystery Swede, a mystery consortium and Tony Mole. Tony has been the saviour at so many clubs but Why does his interest make me think its a convenient way of having a ready made club to move to Bradford when the time is right?

So there's a mystery Swede, a mystery consortium and Tony Mole. Tony has been the saviour at so many clubs but Why does his interest make me think its a convenient way of having a ready made club to move to Bradford when the time is right?

Why would he do that ?

• Like 1

The word is that the Bradford project is dead in the water.To be honest I am not sure whether I would want Tony Mole in the long term.

In the short term he will bring stability to the club and we would be safe, but he never stays at c lub for long before he sells up. I think we would be looking for new owners within 5 years if Tony took the club on.

Eliminating any riders with rumours surrounding them or question marks over their availability. Eg Klindt tweeted he hadn't been able to secure a UK ride. North expected at Peterborough. Tully/Dyer not riding. Swedes riding Thursdays. These are the best teams I can come up with who are left. I expect Koppe to be nailed on as he has a job and workshop facilities in this country as well as being an asset.

Stead

Compton

Lanham

Covatti

Roynon

Koppe

Greenwood

Stead

Compton

Tabaka

Roynon

Lahti

Albin

Koppe

Eliminating any riders with rumours surrounding them or question marks over their availability. Eg Klindt tweeted he hadn't been able to secure a UK ride. North expected at Peterborough. Tully/Dyer not riding. Swedes riding Thursdays. These are the best teams I can come up with who are left. I expect Koppe to be nailed on as he has a job and workshop facilities in this country as well as being an asset.

Stead

Compton

Lanham

Covatti

Roynon

Koppe

Greenwood

Stead

Compton

Tabaka

Roynon

Lahti

Albin

Koppe

Has there been any official word on whether Tully isn't riding? Seems more like speculation to me.

Nick Morris posted the following statement on his Facebook page yesterday.

"Big news coming gonna be some upset speedway fans but have to do what's best for myself."

With only Sheffield now in a position to offer Nick Morris a place in the Premier League place.

Could Nick be looking to change his Elite League team to get him a ride in the Premier League.

Have young Nick in the side would leave us a tad top heavy, but with creative team building we could be looking at a team that could look like this;

Simon Stead

Andre Compton

Adam Roynon

Tero Aarnio/ Josef Tabaka

Nick Morris

Damien Koppe

Ollie Greenwood

With Ben Wilson returning back to the sport why not name him as the Sheffield number 8, with the promise if any of the lower end of the team does not perform he could come into the side.

• Like 1

Stead

Compton

Lanham

Covatti

Roynon

Koppe

Greenwood

Stead

Compton

*Tabaka*

Roynon

Lahti

Albin

Koppe

Joszef has been ruled out for longer than expected so he won't be racing at all till late next year at the earlies, possibly not even till 2015.

Mystery swede is Alex edbergs dad so expect Alex in your team if he is! That's why they want to change nights to Wednesday to accommodate Swedish riders! Merry Xmas and all the best for 2014

"Big news coming gonna be some upset speedway fans but have to do what's best for myself."

With only Sheffield now in a position to offer Nick Morris a place in the Premier League place.

Could Nick be looking to change his Elite League team to get him a ride in the Premier League.

Have young Nick in the side would leave us a tad top heavy, but with creative team building we could be looking at a team that could look like this;

Simon Stead

Andre Compton

Adam Roynon

Nick Morris

Damien Koppe

Ollie Greenwood

With Ben Wilson returning back to the sport why not name him as the Sheffield number 8, with the promise if any of the lower end of the team does not perform he could come into the side.

Nick morris along with Steady and Roynon will do for me.Could do with Compton at reserve in any permutation though.Trouble is its a numbers game.Most teams going with good top 3 so hope we don't get left behind.

• Like 1

"Big news coming gonna be some upset speedway fans but have to do what's best for myself."[/size]

Simon Stead

Andre Compton

Adam Roynon

Nick Morris

Damien Koppe

Ollie Greenwood

Not sure, but I'm pretty certain he'll have some kind of PL average above 3.00, which would exclude him from being a number 8. His NL ave is over 10 which means his PL ave must be over 4.00 and IF you have a 3 pointer at reserve your number 8's average would be over that of someone in your 1-7, which, surely, wouldn't be permitted (although this is speedway, so anything is possible!!).

Maybe Morris is staying at home this season... Couldn't blame him really.

Wilson too high to be a number 8 I'd think.

Edited by Arson fire

Maybe Morris is staying at home this season... Couldn't blame him really.

Wilson too high to be a number 8 I'd think.

I think home is here now, with his parents returning to this country this year. I think he lives with Rosco.