British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

Suppose they could do both? Just offer a cheaper version of the race card and then offer all the writing and guff in the programme. Suppose we'll see though, personally I'd like a programme, as long as its decent quality and has a lot to it.

One of the problems with a programme is having a willing team to put it together ... several people are needed to write stuff as well as then put it all together - hitting very tight timescales each week.

One of the problems with a programme is having a willing team to put it together ... several people are needed to write stuff as well as then put it all together - hitting very tight timescales each week.

im sure Elephant man could do a piece on air fences..... That would last a season :)
  • Like 3

How about this for an idea, meeting programme charge £2.50, on the front of the programme is a number and that will be your raffle number for evening and 50p out of programme cost goes to prize fund or 50/50 half for prize and half into rider fund for spares or just to air fence.

Makes the programme quite a good thing to buy then :)

Excellent idea including a raffle number, the raffle was something that just quietly disappeared last season, so surely it has to be an added incentive to buy a programme.

• Like 1

Excellent idea including a raffle number, the raffle was something that just quietly disappeared last season, so surely it has to be an added incentive to buy a programme.

I believe that they did say that they were keen to bring back the raffle for next season.

Edited by spin king

The racecard may cost a little to produce, but I would assume that it also creates revenue from the advertisements on it (possibly leaving the management in profit).

On the website today, encouraging the purchase of season tickets, the link to the page giving information clearly states a racecard is included whether you have a season ticket, or pay on the day.

Can anyone confirm, but I seem to remember, several years ago there was a monthly magazine on sale at the track shop.

'Racecard included' in normal weekly admission has now been removed from admission and ticket details page, on sheffield website,so there's our official confirmation (& apology)

I believe that they did say that they were keen to bring back the raffle for next season.

Good, but they need to be SOLD, unlike the weak efforts that were made in the past,take the modern retail approach, offer them at turnstyle with admission.eg, go to Morrisons checkouts & you are asked if you want to buy savings stamps, go to Wilkinsons, you are asked if you want stamps or phone top-ups, etc,etc.

They could even have the selection of prizes on show behind the turnstyles, nothing like the goods on show to tempt you, eh.

im sure Elephant man could do a piece on air fences..... That would last a season :)

Are you quick witted or dim witted; can't make my mind up.

Edited by Elephantman

Are you quick witted or dim witted; can't make my mind up.

Are you indecisive or just not sure??....Either way do let it get to you handsome xx :)

In today's Sheffield Star:-

Tigers are planning to stage 25 meetings at Owlerton this season - with or without progress in cup competitions.

Management member Damien Bates has moved to assure fans considering buying a season ticket that the club will be looking to stage extra meetings to fill blank dates in the fixture list.

Some fans have been in touch with the club expressing concern about the prospect of only 18 fixtures.

But Bates said: “We can confirm we will be looking at 25 meetings, there or thereabouts.

“Obviously we want to make progress in the cup competitions, but if that doesn’t happen then we will look at other fixtures.

“I’m a big fan of the Northern Riders’ Championship, it would be nice to revive that - but to be honest it would be better for us if we were looking to arrange league cup and knockout cup meetings because we have been successful!

“That’s the plan. I understand how some supporters have been concerned about value for money on season tickets if we only stage 18 meetings but that won’t be the case.

“Once we get to 25 or 26 it represents a great saving for season ticket holders and that’s the plan.

“We are also looking at bringing Cradley here for a challenge match and hopefully we will have some news shortly on the opening night fixture on March 27.

“I would also urge supporters to be patient with us, we have entered this fairly late after the takeover and we have loads to do.”

The club have also revealed how fans attending the evening with Tigers Legends next week, March 5, can get their hands on rare items of memorabilia.

And the new 2014 team race jacket will be unveiled with a one-off signed by the legends available to auction on the night.

New promotion is doing well to whip up interest.

They missed a huge trick in not bringing Facu Albin back, though. Hopefully he might yet be their first change, if things don't go well on track.

• Like 2

Can see why Facu is not coming back, great prospect but the cost and complications of trying to get a rider here with only a 3+ average simply isn't worth it! nice to give a young Brit the opportunity this year.

When I say 'get a rider here' I mean from abroad by the way!

• Like 1

New promotion is doing well to whip up interest.They missed a huge trick in not bringing Facu Albin back, though. Hopefully he might yet be their first change, if things don't go well on track.

Is Albin not banned from riding in Argentina just now ,does that effect him world wide?

In today's Sheffield Star:-

Tigers are planning to stage 25 meetings at Owlerton this season - with or without progress in cup competitions.

Management member Damien Bates has moved to assure fans considering buying a season ticket that the club will be looking to stage extra meetings to fill blank dates in the fixture list.

Some fans have been in touch with the club expressing concern about the prospect of only 18 fixtures.

But Bates said: “We can confirm we will be looking at 25 meetings, there or thereabouts.

“Obviously we want to make progress in the cup competitions, but if that doesn’t happen then we will look at other fixtures.

“I’m a big fan of the Northern Riders’ Championship, it would be nice to revive that - but to be honest it would be better for us if we were looking to arrange league cup and knockout cup meetings because we have been successful!

“That’s the plan. I understand how some supporters have been concerned about value for money on season tickets if we only stage 18 meetings but that won’t be the case.

“Once we get to 25 or 26 it represents a great saving for season ticket holders and that’s the plan.

“We are also looking at bringing Cradley here for a challenge match and hopefully we will have some news shortly on the opening night fixture on March 27.

“I would also urge supporters to be patient with us, we have entered this fairly late after the takeover and we have loads to do.”

The club have also revealed how fans attending the evening with Tigers Legends next week, March 5, can get their hands on rare items of memorabilia.

And the new 2014 team race jacket will be unveiled with a one-off signed by the legends available to auction on the night.

Again the new Promotion are proving that they will move quickly to alleviate the fans worries.

• Like 2