British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

so you know that for a fact do you ?

Since when does 'looks like' mean someone is stating facts??
  • Like 2

Well unfortunately the rumours are true. Doesn't take away from what the promotion has done for the club, they've still invested their time, effort and money into bringing the club back from potential closure. But I would say this is a massively worrying sign for myself anyway to get rid of the guy who put this all together and by the way they've done it, I'd say it's incredibly unprofessional unless they come forward with a genuine reason to why they got rid of David.

I really hope this is just a blip, all the other work put in by the consortium has been fantastic,and this doesn't take away from that. But I personally think this is a step in the wrong direction.

• Like 4

Looking at the statement put out by the Club you can read into it what you like, but somewhere along the line the members of the consortium (the three that have been named) and Hoggy don't seem to agree on the direction that they wanted to take the Club.

Like the previous posters I think this is not good for the club at this time, with vast knowledge and experience they are losing. To add to that on Wednesday night Neil Machin vowed to 'stick around' to advise and assist where necessary, I just hope that is in a positive way and we don't see any of the negativity of the last two years!

Looking at the statement put out by the Club you can read into it what you like, but somewhere along the line the members of the consortium (the three that have been named) and Hoggy don't seem to agree on the direction that they wanted to take the Club.

Like the previous posters I think this is not good for the club at this time, with vast knowledge and experience they are losing. To add to that on Wednesday night Neil Machin vowed to 'stick around' to advise and assist where necessary, I just hope that is in a positive way and we don't see any of the negativity of the last two years!

Someone has to, as the current promotion have not had promoting experience, so a known Promoter has to go in to oversee things (similar to when Neil and David helped out at Leicester when they first started up again).

• Like 1

Hoggy is gone, goodbye at LAST !!!

Great move by promotion to be honest because Hoggy would have just held us back and if he does not agree with new promotion then sorry they are not going to keep you on board.

Hoggy did not have a clue on how to bring fans in right from off because if anybody disagreed with him and machin he would say naff off to Belle Vue or something, great way to run a club so well done new promotion !

Sheffield Speedway is going to be a much better place to be.

• Like 3

Looks like the old game plan of use people for what you want to get, then shaft them: http://www.sheffieldspeedway.co/news.php?extend.1498

This implies a premeditated plan and this was not the case. Having invested a significant amount of money to purchase the club from Neil, the consortium have reluctantly made the very difficult decision for business reasons . The club statement says all that is going to be said on the matter. As someone who has worked with David for several years inside and outside of Speedway I wish him well. He is too important to the BSPA for him not to pop up somewhere very soon. Edited by Sparky from Sheffield
  • Like 2

This implies a premeditated plan and this was not the case. Having invested a significant amount of money to purchase the club from Neil, the consortium have reluctantly made the very difficult decision for business reasons . The club statement says all that is going to be said on the matter. As someone who has worked with David for several years inside and outside of Speedway I wish him well. He is too important to the BSPA for him not to pop up somewhere very soon.

You clearly know more than you are saying; I suppose they are "mind your own business reasons" then? Your post does beg the question that if he is, "too important to the BSPA for him not to pop up somewhere" what have the new promotion at Sheffield missed?

Hoggy - if you read this.... thank you for all the hard work over the years at Sheffield and in speedway generally. I hope that you do `pop up` again somewhere soon.

• Like 1

Someone has to, as the current promotion have not had promoting experience, so a known Promoter has to go in to oversee things (similar to when Neil and David helped out at Leicester when they first started up again).

Agreed, and Sheffield will lose their vote for three years at General Conferences I think.

I am sure Peter Mole was a promoter at Newport so will know how the job is done, lets give the new promotion a chance, the past few years have not been too good under Hoggy and the others

I am sure they all know what they are doing and I think have started off brilliantly

I am sure Peter Mole was a promoter at Newport so will know how the job is done, lets give the new promotion a chance, the past few years have not been too good under Hoggy and the others

I am sure they all know what they are doing and I think have started off brilliantly

At least "Hoggy and the others" have always kept Sheffield going ... when's this year's first meeting at Newport ?

• Like 2

In that case, don't be surprised if the club has to fend off all sorts of rumours, most (maybe even all) of them probably wrong, about why three newcomers to running a club have parted company with someone who's been a member of the BSPA Management Committee for several years.

On this evidence, the club's new direction is one which includes putting up the shutters as soon as you've announced an unexpected decision.

If you can't be bothered to provide a bit more detail for your customers, it's highly likely some of those customers won't be bothered to give you much time to settle in.

All in all, whether you liked him or not, you've found a wretchedly shoddy way to mark the end of Dave Hoggart's spell as one of the main people involved with the Sheffield Tigers through some of the toughest years for both the club itself and the sport in general.

Top post as usual.

At least "Hoggy and the others" have always kept Sheffield going ... when's this year's first meeting at Newport ?

[well im sure Sheffield would not have run if the 3 new guys had not bought the club]