British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

Think the Argentinian championship is similar to the New Zealand one, where nationality is considered to be overrated! More of a championship in Argentina than an Argentinian championship (if that makes sense)

He was scoring near that in the EL. Should be a top heat leader in PL.

EL averages are very misleading. He was up against the fast track reserves in many of his races.

Good shout Shadders, just hope he can cut the mustard as I'm a bit sceptical about his ability to score what Sheffield need. Just hope it's not a financial nitemare. Hope I'm wrong.

He only rode 9 matches against fast tracks. His average is primarily 2013 meetings. Why would it be a financial nightmare?? Think he's probably already had one of those!

Edited by Stan Duppcomic

Nico has ridden once at Owlerton in the 2013 opening challenge against Birmingham. He had 5 rides, one engine failure and five points, but Jake Knight was the only rider he finished ahead of... Match report at http://sheffield-tigers.co.uk/bruch28032013.html

and Facu pass in superb heat 8.- Hope next year full season Facu and Nico

Not Sheffield's fault that Birmingham got too big for their boots!

Well thanks for your sympathetic thoughts--i'll be sure to say the same to you if you ever lose your team and have no team to watch! :t:

• Like 2

I am sympathetic, we nearly lost our team last year if it wasn't for the consortium taking over! If Birmingham had stayed in the PL then I'm sure things would have been very much different?

I am sympathetic, we nearly lost our team last year if it wasn't for the consortium taking over! If Birmingham had stayed in the PL then I'm sure things would have been very much different?

I bet they wouldn't.

• Like 2

According to a newspaper article, Ben Wilson is desperate that Sheffield should win their two remaining home matches. As far as I am aware we have Berwick 11 September, Plymouth 11 September, and Edinburgh with no date set as yet. Does this mean the Edinburgh match will not take place?

If so why not?

I also remember a statement from the promotion stating their intention to run 25 matches, irrespective of how we progressed in each competition. Would be interested to see what does happen.

Never trust what is printed in the Star :neutral:

They probably mean to print that we need to win at least 2 of our remaining home fixtures

• Like 1

Once again today, The Sheffield Star refers to this weeks match against Berwick as the penultimate home league meeting, next week is against Plymouth, so when is the to be re-arranged clash with Edinburgh, or are Sheffield quietly conceding it to avoid another damaging home defeat ?

Would be very disappointed if our season ends September 18th. I note according to this forum that Workington may have scrapped two fixtures. I was also at the Scunthorpe match on 31 August. Listening to their announcer, it would seem that there was little interest in staging their outstanding home fixture against Sheffield.