British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

Change the record - I don't know why everyone keeps talking about favourites because all that matters is what they do on track - as you well know and witnessed on Monday against Swindon. I think you might even believe the rubbish you write - we all know that bookies are out to make money and they have Poole as the clear favourites! :rolleyes:

Stop playing the underdog card because you are clearly not - in case you don't remember YOU said that whoever won the Poole/Swindon semis would go on and win it!! :rolleyes:

Question for you Steve. Where did Birmingham finish in the League? And where did Poole finish?

I will send my apologies to the few decent Poole fans but all have gone on ignore because of the arrogance of a couple. My head just can't take anymore garbage.

Very understandable given that most can't rise above childish bragging that their team's bigger than your team, then if someone tackles them fatuously hiding behind "They're just the Anti-Poole brigade." Still, it gives them pleasure and for that you can only pity them.There are some genuine speedway supporters down there - just a shame their voices are drowned out by those who've never left the playground.

• Like 2

Question for you Steve. Where did Birmingham finish in the League? And where did Poole finish?

What's that got to do with anything? It's all about how teams are riding now that counts.

Very understandable given that most can't rise above childish bragging that their team's bigger than your team, then if someone tackles them fatuously hiding behind "They're just the Anti-Poole brigade." Still, it gives them pleasure and for that you can only pity them.There are some genuine speedway supporters down there - just a shame their voices are drowned out by those who've never left the playground.

No..they are anti Matt Ford. Most fans have nothing against the majority of fair minded Poole fans and their riders.
  • Like 2

No..they are anti Matt Ford. Most fans have nothing against the majority of fair minded Poole fans and their riders.

Agreed. I was quoting their words, not mine.

There's a simple word for it. Jealousy. But they had better get used to it. he isn't going anywhere and will be around for a long time.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I see Shovlar's responded. Now guess why I have no idea or desire to know what he said? I'll give him a couple of extra days to work that one out.

• Like 2

There's a simple word for it. Jealousy.

Delusion can be a terrible thing...
  • Like 1

That's 2 questions! :wink:

2 questions for you - how many points behind Poole were Coventry in 2010? And who went on to win? 'Nuff said! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Delusion can be a terrible thing...

Now someone always goes and spoils it by quoting the cretinous postings from Dorset.

The only jealousy I've ever had in speedway was not having the privilege of a season ticket at Belle Vue to watch Peter Collins and Chris Morton turn our sport into "The Beautiful Game". Now I just see people making it "The squalid shambles."

Edited by rmc
  • Like 2

What's that got to do with anything? It's all about how teams are riding now that counts.

Of course its got a lot to do with it, Birmingham were runaway regulation league winners, we crept in by a nostral. That makes Birmingham clear favorites in my book..

Edited by Starman2006

I see Shovlar's responded. Now guess why I have no idea or desire to know what he said? I'll give him a couple of extra days to work that one out.

Then why respond? Pointless! Unless you want to pick an argument.

Sorry but it's a fact that Matt Ford is the best promoter in the country at this time and if anyone thinks he is going away soon they need to take a reality check.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Of course its got a lot to do with it, Birmingham were runaway regulation league winners, we crept in by a nostral. That makes Birmingham clear favorites in my book..

You crept in with the same team you had all season did you? 2010 not ring bells? Bees crept in too but were the strongest team come play-off time.

• Like 1

That's 2 questions! :wink:

2 questions for you - how many points behind Poole were Coventry in 2010? And who went on to win? 'Nuff said! :rolleyes:

Thats the beauty of the play off's but we wre favorites and Coventry turned us over.

You crept in with the same team you had all season did you? 2010 not ring bells?

Poole and one or two of their fans didn't like that very much did they ?

• Like 1