British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

Chomp chomp chomp..

Well we all know next year the points limit will be whatever FAT MAUD wants it to be so he can have the turbo twins in his Corrupt Team.

Well we all know next year the points limit will be whatever FAT MAUD wants it to be so he can have the turbo twins in his Corrupt Team.

Chomp chomp chomp....... :lol::drink: Gavans gone a bit quiet. Gavan Gavan whats the score? Gavan, whats the score? :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

And will soon disappear back to Sweden not giving a monkeys about the EL.

Whilst the quoted poster says nothing of any relevance , as usual. :t:

Bit like you then! Lol.

'Haters are going to hate' springs to mind reading this thread. Though I have had a good laugh reading it! Anyway still can't believe we got a 21 point lead, haven't beaten Brum at home til tonight. What a time to do it! Nothing against Dyer but hope Newman is at Brum on Monday. Not sure why FB was doubting him so much!

Hope Greg and Darcy keep the boys grounded for Monday. Have to treat it as a one off meeting that we need to win and if a Brum rider makes a gate just 3-3 it!

What about all the British talent on show tonight,Harris,King ,Barker and Auty.that was just about our World Cup minus Woffy.Jesus were struggling these days.they were ALL inthe same Team and couldn't even get close in a LEAGUE MATCH.

• Like 3

The worst thing about it is,it is not like everybody is against Poole far from it but they are against what they stand for.I like the club a great history but the sport comes first for me everything should be on a level playing field has it ever been.?I was brought up to give your best whatever you did if someone was better acknowledge that but never cheat if you do you only ever cheat YOURSELF.

• Like 1

So many sour grapes and stupid posts tonight!

You don't hate Poole because we cheat, you hate Poole because our promoter knows how to do it right and yours doesn't.

Speedway fans are such sore losers.

I hope for a time when every club is run by Matt Ford, a time where every team has world class riders, a time where every meeting is closer because the standard of racing is so high and not just close because every rider is crap.

This is Elite League speedway and what you have witnessed tonight is an elite team delivering an elite performance.

Congratulations Poole, another elite league title in the bag. And before anybody says "the real winners are the ones who finished top", they aren't. That's not how the sport works anymore and hasn't for a long time. Move on or get over it.

• Like 2

You don't hate Poole because we cheat, you hate Poole because our promoter knows how to do it right and yours doesn't.

Did you read Matts program notes tonight?

I hope for a time when every club is run by Matt Ford, a time where every team has world class riders, a time where every meeting is closer because the standard of racing is so high and not just close because every rider is crap.

This is Elite League speedway and what you have witnessed tonight is an elite team delivering an elite performance.

Congratulations Poole, another elite league title in the bag. And before anybody says "the real winners are the ones who finished top", they aren't. That's not how the sport works anymore and hasn't for a long time. Move on or get over it.

That has got to be the best quote. If that doesn't start them all off again, nothing will!!

I don't really keep up to speed with the accusations and counter-accusations that appear here so did I miss the cheating? I know there were comments when Ford refused to run against Lakeside because he couldn't put together a competitive team but that's not really cheating is it?

Yes it is.

And yes he could put together a competitive team.

• Like 3

Well just wading through this thread, and ive never known so many fickle Biased people, i won't use the word fans because clearly there is some doubt about that.

Everybody is welcome to their views, but end of the day Matt has not cheated, and those that have it in for him and feel that he has cheated that is your perogative.

But in the main its pure jealousy of the clubs success in the last 14 years.

We have a promoter who is not just a speedway fan, but puts in a hell of a lot of hard work and graft, to bring very good sponsors to the club and with that come good riders, whether they are established or novices, We also have a team manager in Neil Middleditch who bleeds blue and white and is commited to the cause of making poole speedway successful, we also have a massive fan base who demand success

Now, those that continue to run Matt and the club through, thats your perogative, but we have a club where everybody works to the one end and as a team. THATS, what brings success.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Well done to Poole on that performance tonight, but not impressed with the glory hunting morons who all cheered loudly when Danny King fell off. Proves that a lot of them only come to watch when Poole reach the final of something and know sod all about speedway.

Watching Poole win the title will be like watching a child scream and scream and scream till FINALLY everyone gives in and gives it what it wants!

Poole are the marmite of speedway - love them or hate them. It seems there are a lot of the latter on here but, at the end of the day, they put in a magnificent performance and were worthy winners on the night. They got to the play-offs (like it or not) and they have resoundly beaten the second and first placed teams in the league around their own circuit.

While my heart wanted Brum to do well (and miracles can still happen in the second leg), my head had Poole down for the win on aggregate and that's looking likely so well done to Poole - no sour grapes from me.

• Like 4

I hope for a time when every club is run by Matt Ford,

That's one way to win the league every year! Joking aside, a stellar performance tonight. I understand the frustrations on many as to how Poole made the play offs, but as I expected once in they would dominate and clean up. Excellent season from Brum but the lack of a true #1 and no reserve who can score 15 or more from 7 is apparent right now. Smolinski's reserve run gave a false picture of how good they are and defeating a depleted Wolves also gave a false picture. Still plenty to be proud of at Perry Barr. Edited by SteveEvans

If you believe speedway fans are all sore losers you could not be further from the truth.But as others have said no one has ever questioned the commitment from Ford when Poole is concerned.But the incidents over the years people will not forget easily thats unless you are a Poole fan of course.An impartial body running the sport is a must, it will never happen of course it won't be aloud to happen because of a chosen few.I will say well done to Poole i am not a sore loser even when the Robins won it last year it was not the be all and end all for me.I want the sport to move forward progress and everybody try to prosper things in speedway have to change in the future.