British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

What a tragedy for British speedway, as the mighty Matt Ford cheats a title.

• Like 2

Mission Impossible! :oops:

Fair play to Poole.

Hancock's dream of winning a league title looks a huge possibility now.

Yeah, he's been lying awake over this one for years. Winning the world title twice will seem insignificant compared to scaling the heights of the EL.

• Like 3

From the man who gave us the catchphrase "Woofy, Woofy, Woofy" comes a new terminology .... "Air Bag".

• Like 1

From the man who gave us the catchphrase "Woofy, Woofy, Woofy" comes a new terminology .... "Air Bag".

He's certainly a bag of summat...

• Like 3

Birmingham need to take a gamble in the 2nd leg.

Make a mess of the track, Flood it. ... I remember once Leszno did this and they pulled out a crazy performance to beat Torun who had the much better riders.

Make a mess of the track, Flood it. ... I remember once Leszno did this and they pulled out a crazy performance to beat Torun who had the much better riders.

Poole will think they are at home ! ! !
  • Like 4

They could always change their name and hope Poole go to the wrong stadium.

Full credit to Matt Ford who kept a cool head and didn't throw in the towel when many other promoters would have given up and written the season off.

• Like 5

Good thinking, maybe also put in a few tricky chicanes, that'll catch them out. Also, don't turn on the lights and get our guys to practise blindfolded all week. Then cover the Brummies side of the pits in lucky heather and get some sort of witch to cast a spell over the Poole side, nothing too serious you understand, just so that Poole riders feel like they really need the loo every time they come to the tapes. Then get Paul McKenna to do some really good hypnotherapy-type stuff on the Brummies riders so they feel great. Finally, air-drop some 2009 calenders on Wimbourne Road so they think they're bottom of the league and have no chance anyway. This ties not over yet.

Brum......Gavan.... Ha ha ha ha ha !!!!! One knows bugger all about speedway , the other is just bitter......Suck on it !!

• Like 4

I would have preferred to see a tighter meeting to make it more exciting next week, the lead is so great I cannot see Birmingham pulling this back in any way.

It is very lucky that there were not some serious injuries tonight, the track was in a dreadful condition with some deep ruts that caught many riders out some coming to grief. Even Wardy was caught out by one.

Edited by mike1944

Full credit to Matt Ford who kept a cool head and didn't throw in the towel when many other promoters would have given up and written the season off.

indeed no need to write any situation off when you can just write another cheque.
  • Like 1

Brum beaten fair and square. So many of their normally solid lineup did not perform, which is a shame for the 2nd leg. Two consecutive black and white helmets early in the meeting summed up their resistance. Shame Harris seemed to fade just as Doyle got going, and Smolinski gave the poorest No1 performance I've seen this season.

But hats off to Ward, Hancock and Grajczonek who were outstanding.

what summed it up for me - Janowski had a relatively poor night, but had he been with Brum, he would have been top scorer with Doyle (who gained 6 points from Heat 8)

One hook on the cup I reckon