British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

The lack of respect for Tai Woffinden was disgusting (Pearson - Darcy is the best young talent in the world)

Pearson does seem to have a hard-on for Hancock, Holder and Ward the way he goes on and on about them all the time. He must have been like a little boy lost when Holder and Ward struggled at the start of the season.

I thought the match last last night was as bad as the track - bloody awful.

It's funny how naff tracks are the first thing Shovlar brings up on other Sky meetings. What was bloody awful last night was the disgrace that are Poole fans cheering when opposition riders fell, we saw it last week and we saw it last night. Unsporting, disrespectful and classless.
  • Like 5

What was bloody awful last night was the disgrace that are Poole fans cheering when opposition riders fell, we saw it last week and we saw it last night. Unsporting, disrespectful and classless.

Perfectly normal. The only classless comments are the people who think they are cheering because they want a rider to be injured.

all this rubbish makes me glad i support a pl team

i hope you all grow up if we get amalgamated

No, No, No to any amalgamation. It failed last time, and will fail again while there are such big and selfish egos running the EL clubs.

• Like 1

Well done to the underdogs :P Looking forward to next week meeting at a packed Perry Bar :rofl:

I can only see the league champions' lack of heat leader strength being exposed tonight.

I think Poole will build up a big enough lead tonight to make the second leg of the play-off trophy a formality. After tonight I don't think there will be any way back for the League Champions.

Told ya, didn't I?

(Actually I cheated...I saw Tony Steele yesterday lunchtime, and he showed me the script)

• Like 2

all this rubbish makes me glad i support a pl team

i hope you all grow up if we get amalgamated

Calm down, calm down! It's called banter.

• Like 2

So its the morning after the huge 1st leg triumph and now had the chance to watch the Sky production. Still elated and a bit surprised at the size of the win, but pleased that Matt and the Poole team are doing their absolute best to influence a new Sky contract - for the benefit of British Speedway!!

:t:

Just a point not picked up from last night (unless I've missed it on here amongst all the congratulatory posts?), but in the '60-second' interview slot in the meeting programme, this week with Matt Ford, he reports that in addition to the return of Meridian Lifts sponsoring last night (and Kyle Newman), 2 of the clubs biggest recent sponsors - Draper Tools and MMCG are back on board for 2014 having missed this year due to changes in their marketing strategy - those decisions being made before Poole had confirmed their place in the finals! They just couldn't stay away!! Success breeds success! :t:

Poole are the marmite of speedway - love them or hate them. It seems there are a lot of the latter on here but, at the end of the day, they put in a magnificent performance and were worthy winners on the night. They got to the play-offs (like it or not) and they have resoundly beaten the second and first placed teams in the league around their own circuit.

While my heart wanted Brum to do well (and miracles can still happen in the second leg), my head had Poole down for the win on aggregate and that's looking likely so well done to Poole - no sour grapes from me.

Nice post Steve0! Cheers :cheers:

Edited by Skidder1

Calm down, calm down! It's called banter.

er, no it isn't in parts - accusations of cheating, ruining the sport is not banter - I dont think so

• Like 1

SKY were very pleased with how things went. They ran several live interviews during the day on SKY Sports News, including live interviews with the Poole manager. They proposed upwards of 5,000 fans at the stadium and it did come across very well on the TV. It's clear the fans are still out there, though I accept the play-offs to have an affect on crowd levels. I am confident SKY will stick with Speedway if they [bSPA] can make the product more attractive.

Morally Bankrupt 57 - Financially Bankrupt 36.

Class :t:

• Like 1

SKY were very pleased with how things went. They ran several live interviews during the day on SKY Sports News, including live interviews with the Poole manager. They proposed upwards of 5,000 fans at the stadium and it did come across very well on the TV. It's clear the fans are still out there, though I accept the play-offs to have an affect on crowd levels. I am confident SKY will stick with Speedway if they [bSPA] can make the product more attractive.

It wont happen, viewing figures are very poor...

It wont happen, viewing figures are very poor...

What are they and are they down on last year?

er, no it isn't in parts - accusations of cheating, ruining the sport is not banter - I dont think so

Oh, you mean the truthful parts!

• Like 1

Where's UK Martin. Not sneering now is he........

We done Poole. I had hoped for a closer meeting, but it was entertaining enough, just in a different way :D:party:

Edited by Jacques