British Speedway Forum

Cant have it Shocker why should he wait for Rossiter to fix him up,he has to ride two leagues end of.Like i said before is this a sport f... up? nothing to do with him being a gentlemen saying nothing will not pay his BILLS.!

Dont bother going to Blunsdon, with the crap you talk makes me wonder if you go to the same meeting as the rest of us.By the way you were the bloke who said Worrall and Bates were total no hopers.!

Why should Swindon suffer?? Personally i would dump him on his arse right now if im being honest and try and replace him best we could ....he did have two leagues to ride in which was taken out of our hands but if he's willing to renege on his contract then im afraid he's tainted goods so good luck Sheffield/Leicester and cough up the £18,000 as like Miedzinski before him he would have burnt his bridge....Zzzzzzengota anyone?

Actually he's a fully grown professional, self employed contractor, who's maximising his earnings for the season.

And your simplistic and naive

Actually he's a fully grown professional, self employed contractor, who's maximising his earnings for the season.

So is that how you would view it if for example Josh at Poole did something similar?

Why are some of you talking as if he was some kind of free agent without a contract signed???

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 2

Why should Swindon suffer?? Personally i would dump him on his arse right now if im being honest and try and replace him best we could ....he did have two leagues to ride in which was taken out of our hands but if he's willing to renege on his contract then im afraid he's tainted goods so good luck Sheffield/Leicester and cough up the £18,000 as like Miedzinski before him he would have burnt his bridge....Zzzzzzengota anyone?

And your simplistic and naive

So is that how you would view it if for example his mate Darky did something similar?

Taken out of our hands but did Swindon not have any dialogue with Somerset? no inclination this might happen?.

Think we should allow the backstabber to go to Sheffield/Leicester and pull the Doyle deal with them to pieces...they can have Mads and we will have to reconfigue our side.....hopefully that will upset Somerset as we will have priority over JD and the Farmers daughter will go crying to daddy again

But why have a go at Leicester??? They have not done anything wrong at all!! Why pull the Doyle deal. I would put money on the fact that the Doyle deal was done in the correct manor, with all parties happy. As for Nick, can you really blame Leicester for asking the

question if he became available for what ever reason?? I imagine most teams would if they had room for him??

• Like 1

Surely that is merely conjecture on your part?

An opinion based on Rossiter's record at Coventry where as Trump's mouth piece he regularly jumped the gun with statements and press releases that subsequently were not shown to be accurate. Time will tell.

Thought you knew everything??..... In reality, you're the one looking for and identifying a scapegoat :)

You again; so nice to have a contribution from you, usual standard I see :)

Why are some of you talking as if he was some kind of free agent without a contract signed???

Hagonshocker. Could I ask you a question please?? Would the contract that you say he has signed not be subject to all other things being in place? eg. A prem place at somerset? Also if a club can get out of an offered contract then I would guess a rider can do the same? Is it not true that all contracts are not finalised until the bspa agree to them and approve the team? Sorry it ended up as 3 questions.

Edited by BTFC LION

So some of the big questions now are 'Will Morris continue to lodge with Rosco??', or will he be looking for alternative accommodation? Do Premier Inns offer season-long deals?

Are Leicester the only EL team still looking to complete their 1-7? Will Morris get a visa if he changes clubs?

Who else will it affect? :D

Edited by Skidder1

Speedway is going to the wall at Elite level, he needs to earn money and the premier league is the safest bet, if it clashes with Swindon he needs to move on. Its a short career and the elite league is gunna be rubbishe anyway

What a shambles! :cry:

I can see both sides of the coin. Morris is a self employed worker after all and he is free to maximise his earnings as he so wishes, however, in this country, he is a Swindon asset and if he has agreed to ride for Swindon then he should honour that commitment...or do people not have any scruples anymore?

Swindon have loaned out plenty of riders on the basis that the team was sorted. As most people have observed, Morris on his average was crucial to the make up of the side. He would have been a big improver hence why most of us, including me, are not happy. There are not many options available and I would suggest that Swindon may have to release someone else because I cannot see anyone else capable of doing what Morris would do this season on his average.

I don't subscribe to withdrawing our assets already agreed at other clubs. We have done those deals and they should be honoured. Our beef is with Morris not Sheffield or Leicester.

• Like 2

Flipping heck there's some special tripe being posted here. It's little wonder speedway riders think they can do what they want when they constantly have smoke blown up their arses by supporters.

Now, clearly Morris was hard done by at Somerset, but his approach to Swindon and more importantly Rosco is appalling. He has been given a huge amount of support and repays it by dumping from a great height. It's a classic display of gross selfishness.

Personally i couldn't give two figs about Nick Morris but I do care about Swindon Speedway. He owes the club personnel plenty and frankly should be ashamed of himself.

Get rid, move on. No place for such self-centred behaviour.

This will probably lead to another getting dumped for a team rethink. I hope they thank Morris accordingly.

• Like 5

A massive blow if we lose Nick. It's difficult to judge or make statements about the rights or wrongs or the etiquette which Nick has displayed here. 'sitting tight' until April he probably see's as a huge risk, especially from where he is at the moment in Australia. He wants to have his future secure and tied up before he returns to blighty.

What is clear now, is that we have a rather large hole that has appeared in our team and the cupboard looks pretty bare as regards filling it at the moment.

My choices would be to replace him, (probably with other combinations), Sundstrom, Larsen or even Ulamek. All three would give solid six point averages with Sundstrom and Larsen likely to improve and maybe add a little to their average.

Sundstrom, Larsen & Ullamek all have higher averages than Nick so if you any of them 3 then someone else will have to go as well.

So some of the big questions now are 'Will Morris continue to lodge with Rosco??', or will he be looking for alternative accommodation? Do Premier Inns offer season-long deals?

Are Leicester the only EL team still looking to complete their 1-7? Will Morris get a visa if he changes clubs?

Who else will it affect? :D

I think Birmingham have 2 places left??

As I have said before, if Nick has signed a contract for Swindon and doesn't ride for Swindon but another team at EL level - he should get a ban as he is effectively withholding services.

I appreciate that Somerset did the dirty on him but two wrongs don't make a right! I have nothing against him maximising his earning potential but to renege on a deal is so unprofessional and unless it is dealt with harshly then it will open the floodgates.

He'll need to earn more now anyway to cover the accommodation that he now has to look for!

• Like 2

I think Birmingham have 2 places left??

or could a team with 'some previous' be involved...

What sort of reaction will the fans give Nick if he does stay at Swindon after all because for me it's about riders who are committed to their club & all the cloak & daggers from Nick on facebook has added fuel to the fire anyway.

The lad is an immense talent & was the most important signing for 2014 with much improvement on his starting average & that is the main problem.

Wonder whether there will ever be a winter of content in this once great sport.

• Like 1

As I have said before, if Nick has signed a contract for Swindon and doesn't ride for Swindon but another team at EL level - he should get a ban as he is effectively withholding services.

And if Swindon dump Klindt or Gustafsson to make way for him who should be banned for that; the Swindon promoters perhaps?

I love the way a contract is viewed, its fine for a team can't dump a rider because they think there's a better option, but when a rider does the same, people want him banned.

• Like 1