British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

Of course if Tai dosent return,CVS can always send Nicki P a christmas card. :rofl:

Just joking :lol:

Wolves without Tai will imo be a very poor side, with Freddie already gone, they need a real top liner to lead the team and get crowds in.

• Like 1

Fully agree with that - he will be sorely missed as Holder will if he doesn't ride in the UK. But at the same time, why shouldn't he get remunerated at the same level as Holder, Gollob, Sayfutdinov etc?

Don`t get me wrong, i fully agree that he should be earning top dollar as he is clearly worth it.

I just hope he isn't pricing himself out of British Speedway as it is clear we cannot afford the same prices on offer as available abroad.

It may be true that Wolves need Tai more than Tai needs us. That said he would be crazy to NOT ride in the EL as current BRITISH World Champion.

At this stage for me no announcement could indicate that there is probably no middle ground met on any deal so far.

I am still hoping we Wolves fans get the Christmas present we all want and that is Tai signed up for next year.

• Like 2

Ljung is Leicester bound. Zengota for Monmore Green.

Sadly not

Until Tai signs up the 12.41 left for the other two is all but sorted but obviously they cant do anything until the get Tai signing on the dotted line.

Would have loved Peter Ljung at Monmore and at 5.60 he is much better than that but with under six points posibly left for the final rider then Ricky Wells may be the obvious choice but if there is more than six points left then Zengota would be a good signing when you look at the team balance and who the team is likely to be.

A bit worried that Tai doesnt have the back up of an established rider but there is potential and you should never write off Wolves !!

Don`t get me wrong, i fully agree that he should be earning top dollar as he is clearly worth it.

I just hope he isn't pricing himself out of British Speedway as it is clear we cannot afford the same prices on offer as available abroad.

It may be true that Wolves need Tai more than Tai needs us. That said he would be crazy to NOT ride in the EL as current BRITISH World Champion.

At this stage for me no announcement could indicate that there is probably no middle ground met on any deal so far.

I am still hoping we Wolves fans get the Christmas present we all want and that is Tai signed up for next year.

Don't know why but I have a gut feeling that Tai will agree terms and line up with Wolves and that will fantastic for British speedway..................and Wolves of course!

If this is about Money , I hope Tai realises that being will World Champion will hardly raise the Gate at Wolverhampton , maybe ..... the Management will have a promotional push to try bring in more Fans , Times are hard and CVS has always been prudent when offering deals to Riders , That's why Wolves have run for so long under the same Promotion

I wonder which side of the Fence Peter Adams will be sitting on ??

Lucky

PS - Personally I hope he signs , British Speedway needs our WC to race here,

I wonder if they wll announce the signing of Tai when Sky announce the new TV deal? Would be good publicity for everyone.

• Like 1

I think the first line in Little end's post is what I am most concerned about. Will Tai's presence raise the gate enough to justify a massive wage increase. Maybe Wolves need to find a big British sponsor for Tai to help.

I think the first line in Little end's post is what I am most concerned about. Will Tai's presence raise the gate enough to justify a massive wage increase. Maybe Wolves need to find a big British sponsor for Tai to help.

You honestly think more fans will go to watch a Wolves team with the world champion in it than a team that previously had him in it last season with Freddie as well?.

Can't see it myself & only see less fans not more.

• Like 1

You honestly think more fans will go to watch a Wolves team with the world champion in it than a team that previously had him in it last season with Freddie as well?.

Can't see it myself & only see less fans not more.

They will when Poole visit - as usual!! :D:t:

Don't know why but I have a gut feeling that Tai will agree terms and line up with Wolves and that will fantastic for British speedway..................and Wolves of course!

Wish i shared you're gut, and i hope you are right!

I wonder if they wll announce the signing of Tai when Sky announce the new TV deal? Would be good publicity for everyone.

I will be happy with that also!

Just think of how many go through the turnstiles if Tai doesn't sign !

Wolves and British Speedway need Tai in the league and the BSPA should be backing any deal to ensure that the World Champion is riding here for the good of the sport in Britain. Wroclaw presented Tai with a cheque for winning the title. Surely British Speedway should do something like that.

No doubt Wolves will be paying good money already but a reward from the BSPA should be enough to secure his services here which will benefit all clubs.

• Like 2