British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Wolverhampton 2014

Credit to Adams, its a brave move, but what a move. Pawlicki is hugely talented, and to become an asset aswell... its a real winner! :)

• Like 1

Pleased to a Wells back. Despite some odd rides he had some impressive ones too. He should benefit from a solid year as a 2nd string too with the new heat format.

As for the Piotr Pawlcki signing... I didnt see that one coming! Whatever happens, he sounds like the type of rider we need after losing Freddie. Hopefully he will enjoy his time at Monmore and like Zager at BV, become more reliable. Once Doyle went to Leciester there was no other 2nd heatleader type candidate so a young exicting rider with a decent pedigree (& some experience in GB) seems the best bet.

Doyle was looked at but Pawlicki has been in the plans for some time and had there of been a problem getting Tai to sign then the team would have been built with three decent riders with Ty and Jacob as second strings.

Luckily Tai made it clear from day one of being World Champion that he wanted to stay at Wolverhampton in 2014 as he has good friends and family here and loyal sponsors that have been with him for some time. Tai would have also been likely to have suggested Piotr or talked to him about riding here as he sspeaks pretty good polish.

darn i wish people wouldn't copy paste steve bum and bwitcher i muted those ******** for a reason

Latest ban over I see. Sadly nothing to add to the thread other than abuse once again.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

Good signing I reckon, a rider who can only get better and rode really well in a short stint for the pirates last year.

Fascinating signing; loads of talent. Could be an eight-plus pointer if he settles, or a five if not. You can see why other promotions fought shy of him on a seven-point assessment. It was always going to need a club with sufficient confidence to take a punt; what surprises me is that it's Wolves who have done it. What you might call their previous speculative signings, the Stichauers and Burmeisters, have tended to be on a lower average from the off and riding at reserve. It's rare to see them pin this much faith on someone further up the team. I'll be intrigued to see how this plays out.

I am intrigued by his signing Fourentee. He will be 'box office' at Monmore. Hopefully the Robins will visit early in the season!

• Like 1

I wonder how much CVS has had to pay Pawlicki?

12 months ago at a Pirates fan forum - just after Piotr had been assessed at 7 points - Matt Ford said that he was asking for a better deal than Holder (as the then World Champion) was getting!!! :wink::shock:

Edited by Skidder1

I wonder how much CVS has had to pay Pawlicki?

12 months ago at a Pirates fan forum - just after Piotr had been assessed at 7 points - Matt Ford said that he was asking for a better deal than Holder (as the then World Champion) was getting!!! :wink::shock:

I guess he knows now that if he wants to kick on & get in the GP's he needs to ride in Britain & maybe the ball was more in Wolves court than it was in Poole's last year so he accepted a lesser deal.

Sorry Wolves fans this team looks lower end of the table bound .

Sorry Wolves fans this team looks lower end of the table bound .

Just like last years then :)

Very pleased that Wolves have gone out and secure the signing of one of Poland's brightest prospects as he has been averaging 7+ in both Sweden and Poland's top divisions and only turned 19 just a few weeks ago. Wolves have always been reluctant to deal with Polish riders but every now and again they can't help but try one out.

Obviously Adam Skornicki has been a great success at Monmore and a real crowd favourite but there have been a few that didn't quite hit the mark like Krzysztof Pecyna and Lukasz Sowka and last season Robert Misk0000wiak, They were one of the first to take an interest in Krzysztof Kasprzak and bought him over to ride in the Olympique where a few other Poles have made a rare appearance.

This however is a move for a rider we have all heard about and briefly seen here. He is also a rider that is unlikely to be the "cheap option" which is something that Wolves are always criticised for but while this may not be the most attractive of teams out there, it features the World #1, a talented and possibly costly young rider and hopefully the next Super Swede that have graced Monmore for the last 20 odd years.

Will this team be Elite League Champions ? ....... Probably not but the team that wins the title is the team that finishes the strongest and this team looks like they have members that will do just that, The main concern is if a wheel falls off or has a puncture, will they hobble home like this season or get it fixed as soon as possible ?

Why Piotr Pawlicki over Shamek Pawlicki?

Simialar averages but Shamek is the much better rider.

Similar averages but ones much better than the other :lol: Explain yourself young lady????

• Like 1

Why Piotr Pawlicki over Shamek Pawlicki?

Simialar averages but Shamek is the much better rider.

Maybe because Prez Pawlicki is already signed up elsewhere ?

Maybe because a small track and a Monday race night was more suited to Piotr ?

Maybe because the Wolves team is 31,94 with Piotr and 32.03 with Prez !!

Let's see who is the better rider in 12 months time ;)

Edited by T.N.T.