British Speedway Forum

I'm not sure but isn't it sad that whatever the disagreement members of the Birmingham staff feel the need to rush on here and Facebook to explain away what may have been a technical issue as almost a vendetta against Brimingham. Why could they not resolve the issue or take it up with the authorities without airing their washing in public? Very, very unprofessional if you ask me, act in haste repent at liesure.

That is why why asked the question earlier had they approached the relevant parties for an explanation first? :/

I'm not a Birmingham fan, but what I would say is sad, is this that this saga is detracting from the great achievement of the Brummies to reach the playoff final. That is what we are looking forward to watching come Monday.. :t:

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

can you really get your head round the fact that the server is nothing to do with AP Media and is maintained by another contractor. Birmingham Speedway are well aware that their site has excessive amounts of code running but why let the facts spoil a good slagging.

Hallelujah..

At last someone has posted the actual reality.

• Like 2

I've just noticed that lady on AP Media's site is also the face of Brum's ticket office! Surely a conflict of interests!

Aha! i did suggest it was a stock photo when a certain member was on the verge of proposing to her lol.

It has nothing to do with the Brummies, I can assure you of that! I chose it as it's holding a flower. People keep thinking I'm a bloke :D

Ooops (a deep gruff manly voiced 'ooops' by the way) i thought you were a bloke too, then again i hadn't noticed the flower.

Aha! i did suggest it was a stock photo when a certain member was on the verge of proposing to her lol.

Ooops (a deep gruff manly voiced 'ooops' by the way) i thought you were a bloke too, then again i hadn't noticed the flower.

Let's hope that it's a flower of peace that we can all hold aloft as a gesture of unity in these troubled times.

Then again, it looks like a daisy, so maybe not! :blink:

Hallelujah..

At last someone has posted the actual reality.

STRANGE, if that is the case then why haven't the other two parties - the BSPA and AP Media - issued a simple and brief statement to quash any suggestion of wrong doing? Also, they should be doing their utmost to ensure there is no further outage in the coming weeks because I am pretty sure the Brummies website may get 27 hits again.

• Like 2

STRANGE, if that is the case then why haven't the other two parties - the BSPA and AP Media - issued a simple and brief statement to quash any suggestion of wrong doing? Also, they should be doing their utmost to ensure there is no further outage in the coming weeks because I am pretty sure the Brummies website may get 27 hits again.

If I'm following this all correctly, it's nothing to do with the BSPA or AP Media but down to the webmaster of the Brummies site, whoever that is. From what I can gather (it's all a bit messy as there is lots of abuse flying around) they have someone new doing their website and it's causing problems with the servers due to bad codes.

If it is indeed the case that Chris has been banned for his protest then it is very, very sad. Surely those running the sport have more urgent matters to deal with than acting out of petty spite against one who was trying to improve their currently shoddy product and was clearly overcome with frustration for something that was going on behind the scenes?

AGREED, a new TV deal you would've thought would've been a greater priority. If the sport's own fans can see the problems and are trying to help without success, then seriously, who can look forward to the future?

If I'm following this all correctly, it's nothing to do with the BSPA or AP Media but down to the webmaster of the Brummies site, whoever that is. From what I can gather (it's all a bit messy as there is lots of abuse flying around) they have someone new doing their website and it's causing problems with the servers due to bad codes.

THIS is why it is (in my view) important for the BSPA and AP Media to issue a statement and quash any talk of wrong-doing... We know for a fact 'they' come on here, they can see what's being written, so why not issue a statement and remove themselves from any alledged involvement...

Edited by SGP
  • Like 1

THIS is why it is (in my view) important for the BSPA and AP Media to issue a statement and quash any talk of wrong-doing... We know for a fact 'they' come on here, they can see what's being written, so why not issue a statement and remove themselves from any alledged involvement...

I don't see why they should if it's nothing to do with them. If they made a statement every time they were rubbished by people on here they'd be doing nothing else with their time!

If anyone needs to respond it's the people who were firing accusations at Andy Povey. I even saw comments by people on my Facebook wall by people seemingly making violent threats towards him over this and offering their "services". Perhaps a response from the people making accusations is appropriate bearing in mind someone has now said it's all their own fault in the first place, they were warned that the website was causing problems and did nothing about it?

After all, that's just another one of the comments on here, and we don't know who the person is making it.

I don't see why they should if it's nothing to do with them. If they made a statement every time they were rubbished by people on here they'd be doing nothing else with their time!

If anyone needs to respond it's the people who were firing accusations at Andy Povey. I even saw comments by people on my Facebook wall by people seemingly making violent threats towards him over this and offering their "services". Perhaps a response from the people making accusations is appropriate bearing in mind someone has now said it's all their own fault in the first place, they were warned that the website was causing problems and did nothing about it?

After all, that's just another one of the comments on here, and we don't know who the person is making it.

AGAIN, even more the reason to make it clear AP Media and the BSPA have done nothing wrong. Nobody should receive such threats!

Also, if AP Media are contracted to supply clubs' websites via the BSPA then, at the very least, they should be issuing and apology and reassurance that the same wont happen again [outages].

Edited by SGP
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if this has any relevance whatsoever with whats been going on behind the scenes with the Brummies website, but is anyone else having problems accessing the BSPA website this morning??

reassurance that the same wont happen again [outages].

Nobody could ever 100% guarantee outages won't happen again, not practical to suggest outages wont happen.

I'm not sure if this has any relevance whatsoever with whats been going on behind the scenes with the Brummies website, but is anyone else having problems accessing the BSPA website this morning??

Not working for me either.

Nobody could ever 100% guarantee outages won't happen again, not practical to suggest outages wont happen.

Maybe its a bandwidth problem? Or the Columbians are having a bit of a hissyfit with GSI?! :party:

• Like 1

Maybe its a bandwidth problem? Or the Columbians are having a bit of a hissyfit with GSI?! :party:

It is very bad timing with us hopefully *touch wood* having our first British World Champion later today. Hopefully any media interested in talking about speedway will find other contacts.

It is very bad timing with us hopefully *touch wood* having our first British World Champion later today. Hopefully any media interested in talking about speedway will find other contacts.

I thought that was Tommy Price in 1949? :lol:

Edited by Guest

Curiouser and curiouser! The Belle Vue and Birmingham sites are running so i presume all club ones are.

Nor for anyone right now according to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/